TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

PlugShare and Recargo join forces

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by Denarius, May 22, 2013.

1. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

I just received the following email from PlugShare:

Dear PlugShare community,

Thank you for being the best part of PlugShare. We want to personally share some exciting news with you: we are joining forces with Recargo! When we met the Recargo team last year, we discovered that we shared important values and a common vision for the future. By combining our companies can provide a better experience for plug-in drivers.

Your profiles, reviews, and PlugShare information will not be affected. Your station-finding experience will only get better! Our combined coverage of charging infrastructure includes over 20,000 charging stations in the U.S. and Canada with over 30,000 station reviews and 14,000 photos.

In addition to PlugShare, we now have an array of useful, easy-to-use tools:

PluginCars.com - a popular news and discussion site for the EV and plug-in hybrid community

GreenCharge – a free iPhone app that provides a new way to view your car's driving patterns and charging cost

PlugInsights - a research service whose mission is to amplify the voice of the driver to automakers, utilities, and regulators

ChargeManager - an easy-to-use SaaS tool for managing fleets of plug-in vehicles

We'll be sending out updates and new product announcements over the next few months. Thank you for being the change that you want to see!

- The PlugShare Team

2. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

I like the idea of PlugShare, but they are so US-centric. By comparison, Recargo have been a joy to work with - I got 1,000 Hong Kong charging points added to Recargo within days, and the app is smooth and very usable.

I have high hopes for this merger - perhaps the world view of Recargo can be brought to PlugShare, and the PlugShare database and 'sharing' methodology brought to Recargo. Even better would be full co-operation with OpenChargeMap for data exchange.

But, then again, perhaps I'm a dreamer. Maybe it will turn out like this: http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/jokes/bljokeheavenhell.htm

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Maybe now they can make a Windows phone app.

4. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

This please!