TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Plugshare "hotels only" filter missing

Discussion in 'North America' started by TexasEV, Jun 9, 2017.

1. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

The ability to filter Plugshare listings to find hotels with charging stations by using Tesla.plugshare.com was very useful for trip planning. I looked for it today and it seems to be gone. I last used it about a month ago. Does anyone know what happened? Is there a new way to search for hotels only on Plugshare? Clicking on every icon to see if it's a hotel gets very tedious.

• Like x 1
  2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I don't recall that (and not saying it didn't since I don't use the Tesla version, having only looked at it once or twice), but looking at the app and that webpage, I'm wondering if somehow they have aligned the two? Because I believe the app never had that filter. That's my theory... :D I don't see a reason for it, either, 'Commercial (hotel)' destinations would more likely to be Destination chargers and not a private one, and much more useful from an overnight POV.

3. KJD

KJD Supporting Member

Dang I never noticed that until now.

4. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Tried to embed tweet, just took a screenshot instead...

Plugshare Response to Hotel Filter for TMC Post.jpg

Here's the answer from Plugshare

• Helpful x 1
  5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Interesting, thanks!

6. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Yup. Some folks respond on Twitter... (Elon Musk, perhaps?!? ;) )

7. TexasEV

I think you're missing the point. It was a way to find all hotel charging stations, including J1772 and even some 14-50s, not just Tesla HPWC destination chargers. When you look at a city and see 50 charging pins on the map, the "hotel only" filter was a way to show only the 3 or 4 which were hotels. It was great for trip planning without having to tap every pin to see if it was a hotel or not.

It was never in the app as far as I know. It was always available when accessing Plugshare from the Tesla browser, and from a PC you could access it by going to Tesla.plugshare.com which emulated the Tesla browser.

I hope they fix the data and bring it back. It was more than 95% accurate in my experience.

• Like x 2
  8. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Send feedback to Plugshare (they were pretty responsive on Twitter as you can see on my tweet for this thread.)

9. TexasEV

I did, using the site. (I'm not on Twitter).

10. Missile Toad

Missile Toad Member

One caveat re: hotels -- some have parking privileges in a garage that is shared with other tenants. Accordingly, a garage that the hotel is adjacent to, might not be 'owned' by the hotel. Point being, some hotel locations could be omitted from a PlugShare, Tesla or AFDC sourced charger database, for this reason. Tonight I'm staying at a hotel across the street from a garage that has a charger, and nothing in Plugshare indicates it is in any way associated with the hotel.

11. rhumbliner

rhumbliner Member

Perhaps slightly off-topic, but I've sent several requests to AirBnB to add a HPWC filter.

• Like x 2
  12. Curt

Curt Roadster Signature #55

I hope they restore this filter. I have used it a lot.

13. bhzmark

bhzmark Supporting Member

Good idea, but should include 14-50 and j1772 also. Basically just have an EV charging capability of some kind.