Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plugshare "hotels only" filter missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TexasEV

Jun 5, 2013
Austin, TX
The ability to filter Plugshare listings to find hotels with charging stations by using Tesla.plugshare.com was very useful for trip planning. I looked for it today and it seems to be gone. I last used it about a month ago. Does anyone know what happened? Is there a new way to search for hotels only on Plugshare? Clicking on every icon to see if it's a hotel gets very tedious.

Reactions: Rocky_H
I don't recall that (and not saying it didn't since I don't use the Tesla version, having only looked at it once or twice), but looking at the app and that webpage, I'm wondering if somehow they have aligned the two? Because I believe the app never had that filter. That's my theory... :D I don't see a reason for it, either, 'Commercial (hotel)' destinations would more likely to be Destination chargers and not a private one, and much more useful from an overnight POV.

Tried to embed tweet, just took a screenshot instead...

Plugshare Response to Hotel Filter for TMC Post.jpg

Here's the answer from Plugshare

• Helpful
Reactions: Quick2Judge
I don't see a reason for it, either, 'Commercial (hotel)' destinations would more likely to be Destination chargers and not a private one, and much more useful from an overnight POV.
I think you're missing the point. It was a way to find all hotel charging stations, including J1772 and even some 14-50s, not just Tesla HPWC destination chargers. When you look at a city and see 50 charging pins on the map, the "hotel only" filter was a way to show only the 3 or 4 which were hotels. It was great for trip planning without having to tap every pin to see if it was a hotel or not.

It was never in the app as far as I know. It was always available when accessing Plugshare from the Tesla browser, and from a PC you could access it by going to Tesla.plugshare.com which emulated the Tesla browser.

I hope they fix the data and bring it back. It was more than 95% accurate in my experience.

Reactions: Rocky_H and bhzmark
I think you're missing the point. It was a way to find all hotel charging stations, including J1772 and even some 14-50s, not just Tesla HPWC destination chargers. When you look at a city and see 50 charging pins on the map, the "hotel only" filter was a way to show only the 3 or 4 which were hotels. It was great for trip planning without having to tap every pin to see if it was a hotel or not.

It was never in the app as far as I know. It was always available when accessing Plugshare from the Tesla browser, and from a PC you could access it by going to Tesla.plugshare.com which emulated the Tesla browser.

I hope they fix the data and bring it back. It was more than 95% accurate in my experience.

Send feedback to Plugshare (they were pretty responsive on Twitter as you can see on my tweet for this thread.)

One caveat re: hotels -- some have parking privileges in a garage that is shared with other tenants. Accordingly, a garage that the hotel is adjacent to, might not be 'owned' by the hotel. Point being, some hotel locations could be omitted from a PlugShare, Tesla or AFDC sourced charger database, for this reason. Tonight I'm staying at a hotel across the street from a garage that has a charger, and nothing in Plugshare indicates it is in any way associated with the hotel.