Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plz Tesla, Have my app notify me when I forget to charge!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Until they do, I have to hang this on my wall. It would be so simple to send a notification to you saying something like "Hey you goof! You forgot to charge!"

I know this is a first world problem, but for some it may be more serious when you forget to charge. I have a supercharger by my house. Not that big of a deal to run over there. Others though it could really mess up their day.

Please consider Tesla!

IMG_3834.png

Reactions: NewFavThing
If you have an Android phone you can use the baked-in app "Keep" to send you notes based on several conditionals. One that I use frequently is location based. I have reminders set up for the grocery store location to remind me to take our reusable shopping bags in with me. It would be pretty easy to create a simple one that reminds you to charge your car when you get home. Not as simplistic as the work-around you've implemented but a slightly higher tech band-aid solution to the problem.

This app is also great for sharing a grocery list with your spouse or creating a list of TV shows or movies you both share. I even used the same app to create a check-list of things to check when I bought my used Model S cars. I have road trip check-lists that I simply copy whenever it's times to take a trip that I can modify easily and my wife and I can both add/delete items real-time.

I sound like a commercial but this app really is quite amazing and if you start using it you'll thank me assuming you have an Android phone of course.

Stats is worth it, if you are on IOS. Not only charging reminders, but locks your doors if you forget.

Will it remind you only if you need to charge? For example I would love for the app to push a notification to me if after 8pm the has less than 100 miles on it. I don't charge everyday and that single feature would be really helpful. What would be less helpful is getting a notification everyday that says I need to charge (and I really don't need to charge).

Btw, we are an iphone household.

Reactions: RNHurt
If you have an Android phone you can use the baked-in app "Keep" to send you notes based on several conditionals. One that I use frequently is location based. I have reminders set up for the grocery store location to remind me to take our reusable shopping bags in with me. It would be pretty easy to create a simple one that reminds you to charge your car when you get home. Not as simplistic as the work-around you've implemented but a slightly higher tech band-aid solution to the problem.

This app is also great for sharing a grocery list with your spouse or creating a list of TV shows or movies you both share. I even used the same app to create a check-list of things to check when I bought my used Model S cars. I have road trip check-lists that I simply copy whenever it's times to take a trip that I can modify easily and my wife and I can both add/delete items real-time.

I sound like a commercial but this app really is quite amazing and if you start using it you'll thank me assuming you have an Android phone of course.

We unfortunately are an iphone household.

Will it remind you only if you need to charge? For example I would love for the app to push a notification to me if after 8pm the has less than 100 miles on it. I don't charge everyday and that single feature would be really helpful. What would be less helpful is getting a notification everyday that says I need to charge (and I really don't need to charge).

Btw, we are an iphone household.

It is for iPhone and iPad. Just search for Tesla in the App Store.

To get the reminder, the car must be at its home location, be unplugged, and have a low battery.

Unfortunately? Sounds like a smart move to me. My observation is that the majority of Tesla owners in the local club, use Apple. That’s why a great app like this is Apple only.

I was trying to be polite to the Android suggestion by saying "unfortunately"......I am actually very happy with my iPhone. I am a mac user as well. Also have an iWatch. When you have all of these items working together, it is really difficult to beat.

It is for iPhone and iPad. Just search for Tesla in the App Store.

To get the reminder, the car must be at its home location, be unplugged, and have a low battery.

So can you define what "low battery" means? For example for me, I want to know in the winter if it is under 100 miles range (per the dash). In the summer that could be more like 80. That way I could get there and back. If I had this notification working, I probably would charge less as now I am afraid I will forget to charge on nights when I really need it. In theory I could charge every three days with my daily commute.

I was trying to be polite to the Android suggestion by saying "unfortunately"......I am actually very happy with my iPhone. I am a mac user as well. Also have an iWatch. When you have all of these items working together, it is really difficult to beat.
Stats app also works on Apple Watch, I have one too. Pretty cool to get most of the basic Tesla app functions on your watch.

If you mean "google keep" (android phones may have it pre installed), its available on iOS too.

Stats app for Apple is great for setting up all sorts of things for our cars. The Apple Watch complication is great too.

On a side note Apple iPhones can use the built in Reminders app to create location based reminders.