TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

PM from 'MichaelMondon'

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Nik, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Nik

Nik Dreaming no more :-(

Has anyone else had a PM from Michael Mondon? He claims to be representing a group of students from Cranfield University seeking input about users requirements for hybrid sportscars, but the Google Docs site he links to is blocked to me as a potential phishing scam.

His message is well written, and Cranfield University is an unusual choice of cover for phishers. Can anyone clarify?

Michael - if you read this then try hosting the survey on your university's servers.

Nik

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I did, and I did the survey, as the questions were harmless enough. No phishing warnings as I was on an iPad.

3. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

I too did the survey and had short PM dialogue with him. Seems reasonable. I told him I don't want no stinkin' hybrid :biggrin:

4. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Ditto.

5. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

I received it also. Since I couldn't find anything about it on the Google, I ignored it.

6. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Hi,

Likewise here.

Larry

7. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

I completed the survey as it looked harmless.
    I looked up Cranfield university in Google Earth - hey, there is an airfield nearby - possibly the Top Gear Track? Nope.
    I PMed Michal back and encouraged him to drop the hybrid project. Turned him to Kevin Sharpe to ask for new project ideas to do instead of a sports car hybrid.

8. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

The survey was harmless (though had some baked-in assumptions). I filled it out.

9. PV4EV

PV4EV Member

Just posted about driving around the TG track on the 'what have you smoked' thread. Its located at a place called "Dunsfold". Cranfield is about 65 miles north of the where they film TG :-

Check out Google Earth " 51° 6'51.31"N, 0°32'46.84"W "

10. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I filled it out too, but it was amateurish. It was written with a point-of-view baked into it from the get-go. There's a lot to survey design, and it's all too easy to build a survey where you only get the answers you expect. (Our Member of Parliament is extremely skilled at this. In a bad way.)

I said I didn't want a hybrid sports car, and in the comment field at the end I indicated that I was only interested in pure EV.

11. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Same. I'd hope that's what he expected with the sample pool he chose.