Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PM3- in Boston, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great experience buying the Tesla:
  • Ordered M3 AWD Nov 10, 2019
  • Called by sales person that evening saying a PM3- was available...
  • Test drove with the family on Nov 11, 2010
  • Picked it up on Nov 12
  • The only complication was that the MA RMV did a computer system upgrade over the Veteran's day weekend, and the system was not able to process EV plates on the 12th... so I have a regular MA plate. But that seems not to matter, so I won't bother changing
Since then, it's been fabulous. Handles well in the snow (before and after snow tires).

Stuff done:
  • Had mobile ranger put in homelink and add snows... that was a silly process because I had to call them to work out what to do rather than them calling after I ordered stuff. It would have been better just to immediately set up a mobile appointment
  • I ordered the Tesla rubber mats
  • I installed a Raspberry PI running marcone/teslausb on the SD card to sync music and sentry videos to my home net
  • I process the videos with ehendrix23/tesla_dashcam and upload them to google drive
  • Then I can just view the stitched ones on my phone after I pull in to the house
  • Added a Jeda hub to contain the mess from the above
  • Added a Jeda wireless charge pad (I need to follow How To Guide: fast wireless phone charging in a Model 3 using the 12V w/o cutting or drilling : teslamotors to pull power from the 12v adapter to get faster charging though)
The problems, I have a service call in to address:
  • Lower driver-side wiper portion never gets wet, so leaves salt spray, etc. on the glass
  • Weird rattle when I go over bumps, seems to come from in front of the driver... very prominent on some roads. But hard to reproduce. I tried using the new music app, but that made lots of things rattle :)
  • The driver-side rear passenger window does not close completely, and if closed completely from inside the car, drops slightly when the driver door is closed...
  • It also freaks out when almost closed and the window dances up and down rapidly... sometimes hitting the trim!
Anyway, it has been great! The stealth performance is unbelievable.

Forgot to say that this is in the greater Boston, MA, USA area. We went to the Framingham showroom, and picked up the car from Dedham.

Also, the range loss due to the cold has been interesting, but not insurmountable. I currently charge for free at work, or there are free chargers in town. I have charged at home over 110v to see if it worked, and left it plugged in when we went out of state. I plan to install a charger at home as soon as I can get the electrician lined up.

Oh, and A Better Routeplanner is very useful.