Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PML Flightlink in administration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
http://www.pmlflightlink.com/about.html

PML Flightlink Limited - in Administration

EM Shires and RW Birchall were appointed as Joint Administrators of PML Flightlink Limited on 28th November 2008 to manage its affairs, business and property. EM Shires and RW Birchall contract as agents of the Company without personal liability. EM Shires and RW Birchall are licensed to act as insolvency practitioners by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.

Basically yes. They will be run by a firm of accountants who will try to find a buyer. If no one comes forward (and the time scales for this are normally a matter of a few weeks), the company will be broken up and assets sold off to try to pay back investors and creditors.

EDIT: This probably explains it better - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(insolvency)

In United Kingdom law, the administration regime is governed by the Insolvency Act 1986, as amended by the Enterprise Act 2002. An Administrator can be appointed by the holder of a floating charge (created since 15 September 2003) or by the company or by its directors without petitioning the court. Other creditors must petition the court to appoint an administrator. The administrator must act in the interests of all the creditors and attempt to rescue the company as a going concern. If this proves impossible he must work to maximise the recovery of the creditors as a whole. Only then may the administrator attempt to realise property in favour of one or more secured creditor. Administration is analogous to going into "Chapter 11" in the United States, although there are certain key differences, including the fact that the administrator usually controls the company, not the directors.

The administrator is an officer of the court and an agent of the company. He is not personally liable for any contracts he makes on behalf of the company. He has the power to do anything necessary or expedient for the management of the affairs, business and property of the company.

It's a little surprising because they already had well established product lines in the aviation market, but I guess everything is being hit right now.

Last edited:
Michelin strikes key 'e-wheel' deal ? Register Hardware

...PML Flightlink slipped into administration back in November 2008 - another plucky British engineering endeavour hitting the buffers. Or so we thought. It now appears that PML is out of administration and owned by the “Electric Motor Works Limited”. What exactly this means is a bit of a grey area, but PML did tell Register Hardware that “all the same people are still here”...

That guy never came back with any more info about Electric Motor Works Limited. I can probably find out something about them if I pay the £1 fee on the Companies House website, but I was hoping some other news might turn up first.