Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poacher turned gamekeeper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks back, moderators at TMC obviously discovered that I had too much time on my hands and approached me asking if I would like to become a moderator for the UK and Ireland section. After seeking a bit more clarification as to what the role entailed and getting over the disappointment that I was not eligible for a company car, I accepted the role.

Having completed my extensive training course, a few days ago I joined the small group of moderators responsible for keeping this part of the forum a friendly and informative place to visit.

This post is not meant to be from an anonymous tyrant who will be 'on your case' if you overstep the mark. Far from it. As as a former poacher having been (too) active for a while now, not only do I want to maintain it to be the same friendly and informative place that it appears to have always been, I want it to be a better and more consistent place to be.

I appear to be the only active moderator frequenting these shores several times a day, as a result, I am likely to be more proactive in correcting transgressions rather than reacting on reports. My primary role is to uphold the Terms of Service. Please read them if you have not already done so.

If you spot something that you feel uncomfortable or aggrieved with, please continue to raise your concern by reporting it. If you want a less formal clarification, contact me directly via PM. I have already and will continue to seek clarification on some policies. It is clear that the part where the line is crossed may be interpreted and enforced differently now, but I intend to keep things fair, consistent and workable. Whilst I hope to achieve this with a light touch, I do have a hit list of items which may start being enforced slightly differently to they have been until now.

Finally, please accept that I am only human. Mistakes and inconsistencies may occur, transgressions may be missed or not acted upon promptly. I apologies in advance for that. My personal posts will also continue to reflect my own personal opinion, so every bit the poacher that I was previously.

-Ian
I shall be careful what I post now,Teacher!
Congratulations hope they pay you in Sterling not Dollars!

Duplicate posts (within a reasonable period) are another one on my hit list if thats what you mean

Kinda. We have a lot of really good knowledge in a long thread on a common subject (battery miles versus percent, home chargers, SSD for sentry etc). A month elapses, a wave of new owners arrives, and the same question gets asked again.

Some form of collection in a megathread, or the commonest posts consolidated into an FAQ would be great

Reactions: MrBadger
A few weeks back, moderators at TMC obviously discovered that I had too much time on my hands and approached me asking if I would like to become a moderator for the UK and Ireland section. After seeking a bit more clarification as to what the role entailed and getting over the disappointment that I was not eligible for a company car, I accepted the role.

Having completed my extensive training course, a few days ago I joined the small group of moderators responsible for keeping this part of the forum a friendly and informative place to visit.

This post is not meant to be from an anonymous tyrant who will be 'on your case' if you overstep the mark. Far from it. As as a former poacher having been (too) active for a while now, not only do I want to maintain it to be the same friendly and informative place that it appears to have always been, I want it to be a better and more consistent place to be.

I appear to be the only active moderator frequenting these shores several times a day, as a result, I am likely to be more proactive in correcting transgressions rather than reacting on reports. My primary role is to uphold the Terms of Service. Please read them if you have not already done so.

If you spot something that you feel uncomfortable or aggrieved with, please continue to raise your concern by reporting it. If you want a less formal clarification, contact me directly via PM. I have already and will continue to seek clarification on some policies. It is clear that the part where the line is crossed may be interpreted and enforced differently now, but I intend to keep things fair, consistent and workable. Whilst I hope to achieve this with a light touch, I do have a hit list of items which may start being enforced slightly differently to they have been until now.

Finally, please accept that I am only human. Mistakes and inconsistencies may occur, transgressions may be missed or not acted upon promptly. I apologies in advance for that. My personal posts will also continue to reflect my own personal opinion, so every bit the poacher that I was previously.

-Ian

Wow well done, thankfully not someone who is afraid to post the truth as well!

Reactions: MrBadger
Whats the position on people in the US deciding to comment (when inappropriate)? No problems when its relevant but you get the odd thread that is asking about a UK specific matter and sometimes they wade in telling us what's happening in the US or worse, telling us whats happening without making it clear its a US perpsective.

Congratulations in your new role - in the 4 1/2 months I've been here, this forum has always been very friendly & informative. It's great that we now have a 'local' to represent our interests and as others have suggested, maybe help reduce duplicated threads.

Whats the position on people in the US deciding to comment (when inappropriate)? No problems when its relevant but you get the odd thread that is asking about a UK specific matter and sometimes they wade in telling us what's happening in the US or worse, telling us whats happening without making it clear its a US perpsective.

Obviously there is no official policy on this, but I fully appreciate your comment and do intend to keep try and keep discussions relevant to the majority of the readers and make it clear when things do wonder too far off shore. I think most occur when people simple follow the new posts threads so may not appreciate/be aware that their local reference is far from local to the UKI audience.

Reactions: GeorgeSymonds
Status
Not open for further replies.