Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PocketDyno, Sig P85 A after 23k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
Looks like the "old" girl still has some spunk in her...

20140204PocketDyno_Results.png

20140204PocketDyno_TimeSlip.png

Looks like the "old" girl still has some spunk in her...

View attachment 42568
View attachment 42569

A little confused. PocketDyno is a mobile app, right? Then why does the "printout" also say "PocketDyno"? AFAIK all mobile phone "dynos" are not really accurate. Some are better than others. Some can get pretty close. But they all tend to be a bit on the slower side. PocketDyno for iPhone only has 2.5-3 stars. Actually looking at the reviews now anyone with iphone 5 & IOS 7 is giving it 1 star. Anywho some of the earlier reviews I read were putting it about 1/4 second slow - so if your measure solely based on mobile app you might still be running 3.9-4.0 seconds but its that 2nd pic I'm wondering about. Did you do a track run AND mobile run simultaneously? If so, again why does the printout say 'pocketdyno'? I tried to go to http://pocketdyno.com/ but it doesn't look like a valid web site and I didnt find any info on a real "Pocketdyno Raceway" leading me to believe that the "raceway" is your own street which furthers my point that if that is true then your real numbers might actually be even better :)

General point of clarification:
This was just a freeway onramp, a friend happened to have the app, and it was an entertaining result. Not much more than that. :)

If I get frisky, I might take a look (after more sleep) at seeing what (1) REST and (2) dashcam telemetry have to say also.

Update:
(1) Is a no-go. There's a gap in my REST data here. I guess 3G wasn't back on yet after the 17" reboot.
(2) Dashcam footage isn't granular enough (1sec intervals).

Last edited: