Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pod bay door issue...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey

I’m actually talking about the charge port door, ever since I’ve had it I’ve been unable to get it to open by pressing the buttton on my home TWC handle or a super charger handle always have to poke the door to open “that’s what she said”

Anyone noticed this?

Thanks

Touch... poke. All the same I should tell you I have sausage fingers but yeah touching it works just never from the handle of the Tesla charger. I’ll add to my list of issues :)

The SC must love me, I can see a dart board with my face on it in the break room.

Car has to be unlocked I think ? (probably not the issue but just Belt&Braces)

Although, that said, I parked overnight near a supercharger stall once and in the morning the charge-flap was open. Can't believe I didn't close it, so I assumed that someone waving-the-supercharger-wand had caused mine to open. Definitely locked at that time ...

does it work at a supercharger? this would tell you if it is your UMC cable or the receiving side in the car.

btw there is a 3rd way to open the port which is a loong press on the trunk end of the key fob.

@WannabeOwner - i guess you have the older non-self closing type then. the later cars have the self closing door which is undoubtedly the biggest usability upgrade to the later cars. I was forever forgetting to shut the damn door or having it pop open again on my first car.

Yup.

Don't the newer ones also allow "push to open"? (if car unlocked)

Yes, I can push on the flap to open it on my 2018 MX. Closes automatically too. My own home charger doesn't have a button on the handle, so I open it by pushing the flap, which is just as convenient to be honest. To release the charging cable I use the key fob (long press on the boot), which is a little less convenient! Mine does work with Supercharger handle buttons though, which are a very neat solution.

Reactions: WannabeOwner