Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Podcast from Android phone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Galaxy S4 phone connected via Bluetooth that I use to listen to podcasts. (These podcasts aren't on TuneIn, although I'm not real fond of the Tesla interface for podcasts anyway.) So here's my problem. Before I had my Model S, I had a Lexus that allowed multiple Bluetooth devices to be connected. I used my iPad for podcasts and my phone as a phone. Never a problem. I understand that Tesla only allows one Bluetooth device to be connected at a time. Fine. I downloaded a few podcast players on my Android phone, but have various issues... For example, when I make a call, the podcast isn't paused automatically. I continue to hear the podcast playing over the Tesla speakers while on the call. However, if I receive a call, the podcast is paused... but I can't unpause it from the Tesla. I have to pull out my phone and unpause it. As you can imagine, it's a bit inconvenient (and dangerous) to have to be reaching for the phone at the start and end of each call. Any tips? I've tried two or three podcast players, but none seem to work any better. Maybe there's one that is more compatible with Tesla? I haven't had any issues using my wireless headphones.

Thanks!!

Edit: I forgot to mention. The app I'm currently using is called "Pocket Casts." It works well with my Bluetooth headphones and I like the clean interface, but I am willing to try others!