Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

podcast instructions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a Model Y. I have the Premium Connectivity package (music, podcasts, etc.) that Tesla provides for free for one year. When I listen to part of a podcast and park the car for a bit and then get back in the car, the podcast starts over at the beginning. Do I need a specific app for managing podcasts so this won't happen? Or, am I doing something wrong?

Also, separate question, do you recommend, or do I need a streaming music management app or something that works with Premium Connectivity? Something that will keep a list of songs that I like.

I just got a Model Y. I have the Premium Connectivity package (music, podcasts, etc.) that Tesla provides for free for one year. When I listen to part of a podcast and park the car for a bit and then get back in the car, the podcast starts over at the beginning. Do I need a specific app for managing podcasts so this won't happen? Or, am I doing something wrong?

Also, separate question, do you recommend, or do I need a streaming music management app or something that works with Premium Connectivity? Something that will keep a list of songs that I like.
Welcome to the heap-o-dung that is TuneIn.

I assume you've created an account with TuneIn and are logged in? That helps a bit but I've found the TuneIn user interface to be abysmal.

As far as playlists go, you're stuck with Spotify.

Both of these could be easily fixed if Tesla would allow CarPlay/Android Auto but they have steadfastly refused to do so thus far. :(

Reactions: RCstp
The TuneIn App on your Tesla is not part of premium connectivity per se, but you need either premium connectivity or a wifi hotspot connection to download the podcasts.

Tunein has a free service and a premium service. I never signed up for any free trials; I just stuck with the free package when I created my account. Maybe there's no way to do that now?

Reactions: RCstp