TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Podcast resume using TuneIn?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by MosquitoFloss, Jun 17, 2018.

1. MosquitoFloss

MosquitoFloss Member

Is there a way to be able to resume a podcast from where you left off last time you got out of your car?
    I've tried hitting pause before I exit my car and I've tried just leaving it alone. More often than not it starts off at the beginning and I get to play the fun game of sliding the scroller around until I can find where I left off. The slider kind of sucks because it doesn't display the timeline until you pause for a min and let it buffer.
    Am I missing something?
    My current fix is to take a photo of the timeline before I get out of the car, but it's a pretty silly way to have to work around this.

2. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

Model S does the same thing, not always, but often. Sorry to hear that the Model 3 has the same bug. It is definitely one of those features that I wish were more reliable.

• Like x 1
  3. Thunder7ga

Thunder7ga Member

This is driving me crazy. I listen to podcasts all the time, and I am likely to stop using TuneIn and go back to the phone.

4. SwaggerWagon

SwaggerWagon Member

Had my 3 less than a week and already gave up and went back to the phone :(

5. SZNJ

SZNJ Member

Yeah Tesla really needs to fix this. Not sure if it is Tunein or Tesla but since Tunein on my phone has done this maybe twice the Model 3 does it almost every time.

6. Charlie_T

Charlie_T Member

I have had this problem too. Also, when I get back in the car and try to move the podcast to the time point where I left off, it often will not let me go past the start of the podcast. Moving the slider forward has no effect. It is very frustrating.

7. Kelmn07

Kelmn07 Member

I’ve encountered this as well but usually if I let it buffer for ~10 seconds I can move it forward.

The marker is so small though that half the time I click a different episode when trying to change it :rolleyes:

This missing feature/bug is the only thing that makes me want to use my phone instead.

8. SwaggerWagon

SwaggerWagon Member

Okay, I think I finally figured it out. I always just got out of the car and left the podcast running, assuming that when the car powered down it would stop the podcast and start it up again when I got back in, but it almost never does.

Instead, if I pause the podcast when I’m getting out of the car, it’ll almost always be right where I left off when I get back in - just un-pause and away you go!

• Like x 1
  9. AnarchyEOD

AnarchyEOD Member

That was going to be my suggestion, because that’s how I’ve been able to most reliably get Slacker to do the same.