Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Podcast resume using TuneIn?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to be able to resume a podcast from where you left off last time you got out of your car?
I've tried hitting pause before I exit my car and I've tried just leaving it alone. More often than not it starts off at the beginning and I get to play the fun game of sliding the scroller around until I can find where I left off. The slider kind of sucks because it doesn't display the timeline until you pause for a min and let it buffer.
Am I missing something?
My current fix is to take a photo of the timeline before I get out of the car, but it's a pretty silly way to have to work around this.

I have had this problem too. Also, when I get back in the car and try to move the podcast to the time point where I left off, it often will not let me go past the start of the podcast. Moving the slider forward has no effect. It is very frustrating.

I’ve encountered this as well but usually if I let it buffer for ~10 seconds I can move it forward.

The marker is so small though that half the time I click a different episode when trying to change it :rolleyes:

This missing feature/bug is the only thing that makes me want to use my phone instead.

Okay, I think I finally figured it out. I always just got out of the car and left the podcast running, assuming that when the car powered down it would stop the podcast and start it up again when I got back in, but it almost never does.

Instead, if I pause the podcast when I’m getting out of the car, it’ll almost always be right where I left off when I get back in - just un-pause and away you go!

Reactions: AnarchyEOD
Okay, I think I finally figured it out. I always just got out of the car and left the podcast running, assuming that when the car powered down it would stop the podcast and start it up again when I got back in, but it almost never does.

Instead, if I pause the podcast when I’m getting out of the car, it’ll almost always be right where I left off when I get back in - just un-pause and away you go!
That was going to be my suggestion, because that’s how I’ve been able to most reliably get Slacker to do the same.

I'm going to resurrect this one because this started happening to me in my M3 when it never did before. BTW, I figured out the same thing, that it helps to pause the podcast before getting out of the car. But not always. As I said, this is something that started a couple months ago after a year of operation, probably with an update because nothing else has changed. Same podcasts, etc.

Someone said wait for it to buffer. With this glitch it either isn't buffering or it doesn't let you advance, in fact, everything you do - 15 second skip, swipe with your finger, it sends you back to the beginning. Also, no grey bar indicating buffering shows. Another thing I noticed is that even if I get back in the car and the podcast starts where I left off as it should, if I ever do a 15 second skip or finger swipe I have the same problem, it restarts and no way to advance.

The only solution I found is to select a different podcast, wait for it to start, then go back to the original and wait for it to start. Or switch to another media type and back to the podcast, sometimes. Now it will start buffering and playing normally until the next time I get out of the car.

Unfortunately, by the time I get back to where I was I've spent a minute or so looking back & forth at the road and the screen and that's really not safe.

Reactions: SwaggerWagon