Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PodPoint - New Scheduled Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
New feature available in the latest update of the PodPoint app, for those with PodPoint Wall Chargers.

Seems like a nice, simple implementation for charging start and stop times, to take advantage of off peak rates for tariffs such as Octopus Go.

Screenshot_20210412-123821_Pod Point.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant.

That's literally all you need. That, and maybe a "charge now" button which overrides everything.

Quite why every other charge point manufacturer seems to complicate it, I am not sure.

Just got an Ohme, based on good reviews, and the app function just looks sh1te - you can only select a "finish by" time. Imagine if you had any other electrical appliance that you could only switch on by selecting it's finish time.

Reactions: Medved_77
Thanks for pointing this out @Medved_77 - I never tend to use that App for anything.

My Peugeot e208 doesn’t have onboard scheduling and, after 6 months of trying I haven’t managed to get their App to work, so this will be a real bonus.

I’ll probably stick to EV.energy for my Tesla.

Imagine if you had any other electrical appliance that you could only switch on by selecting it's finish time.

Oddly enough that's how my oven works - select end time and duration to auto cook. I was about to post a comment about how daft that is, but actually having thought about it.... selecting the cooking duration for your roast and what time you want it done by probably makes sense!! Perhaps it's the same with those other apps - they rely on the car estimating how long it will take to charge I guess.

But yeah, I like the simplicity of this PodPoint feature, at least you can limit the charging window to the cheap rates - looking forward to using it if I ever get a flippin car!

It would be great if Podpoint built the code to interface with the energy providers so we can schedule on their App for when , for e.g., octopus agile is at its cheapest each day.

It didn’t take me long to move from being really happy with the app enhancement to wanting next release. I’m guessing I’m not the only one on here with that attitude 😀.

I was on the beta for this for the last month or so - seemed to work fine 90% of the time with the Tesla.

I do have a current support ticket open with Tesla, as on occasions the car seemed to not to wake to charge as expected. If I opened the app, it started immediately - according to Tesla that isn't right, but they are 'watching' car...

You do have to set a schedule for each day individually, there is no 'all week' option, and no 'charge now' facility - but big improvement on nothing at all!

My wife's e208 works every time. And as a note, her car has 'deferred charging' - it is set in the app and starts at 00:30 as expected - plug it in and press the button to make the light go blue!

Reactions: Medved_77
I was on the beta for this for the last month or so - seemed to work fine 90% of the time with the Tesla.

I do have a current support ticket open with Tesla, as on occasions the car seems not to wake to charge as expected. If I opened the app, it starts immediately - according to Tesla that isn't right, but they are 'watching' the car...

You do have to set a schedule for each day individually, there is no 'all week' option, and no 'charge now' facility - but big improvement on nothing at all!

My wife's e208 works every time. And as a note, my her car has 'deferred charging' - it is set in the app and starts at 00:30 as expected - plug it in and press the button to make the light go blue!