TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Point A to Point B

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by PRSIST, Sep 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PRSIST

PRSIST Member

The purpose of a car is to get you from point A to point B. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!

There was someone who posted within the past month, and they said that it will mess with your psyche to keep reading these threads every day!! Boy was he correct.

Now that people are getting closer looks at the Beta Model 3’s that the employees are getting to drive before the general public gets theirs, the general public is going bat crazy because they don’t understand the beta/de-bugging process.

Tesla told the public that their employees would get the cars first; not as a reward, but to help give feedback on any negative issues that the employee experiences.

It’s like going into a ‘test kitchen’ and then complaining that the food sucks because the cooks are trying to perfect a menu item.

So take a Valium, chill out, and remember IT’S A CAR….it takes you from Point A to Point B.

I for one am sick and tired of all the complaining that I’m reading in these threads. Maybe Tesla Forums can create a “COMPLAIN” menu item and people can go there to complain. Jeeeez!!

• Like x 6
    • Disagree x 5
    • Funny x 3
  2. Sportstick

Sportstick Member

I'd like to speak up on behalf of Point C...not to be missed.

• Funny x 10
  3. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Member

Get that off your chest? :D

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  4. lupend88

lupend88 Member

The purpose of an online forum is to discuss. Period.

I'm not saying that all these complaints don't annoy me (because they do), but we are here to talk about everything, good and bad, worries and excitements, facts and speculations. It's all part of the process man.

• Like x 3
  5. R.S

R.S Member

Maybe I can give you some advice here:

Take a Valium, chill out, and remember IT’S A CAR… not your personal best friend. People can criticize it, they can be right, they can be wrong, you really don't need to care about it. As long as you like it, everything is fine. And if you don't, it's fine, too.

• Like x 3
  6. Trips

Trips Member

A car might get you from A to B but for a lot of people it is a lot more. I would fall into the "a lot more" group. I don't care about a manual rear door release or other items but understand why some do.

I think the Model 3 has far exceeded my expectations from two years ago and am very surprised that they already started deliveries. When my little niece asks me every time she sees me if I got my TeZ-ya that tells me that a lot of people are excited for this vehicle.

• Like x 2
  7. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Member

I doubt I'm the only one here who gets a great deal of pleasure out of the act of driving itself.... or of admiring how sharp a sporty car can be to look at and enjoy from a distance.

Point A to Point B my a**.

I have a friend who has that exact philosophy which is why he is happily driving an 11 year old Honda Fit and I'm happily driving a 340xi.

Honestly if Point A to Point B is your criteria I'd say there are far better choices than the Tesla that are already available.

• Like x 7
  8. SlicedBr3ad

SlicedBr3ad Member

After reading threads here and on model 3 owners club, I feel like I know everything about it. The only thing that's left is to start exploring incredible acceleration and autopilot once it's delivered!

9. siggyfreud

siggyfreud Member

Perhaps for you it is, but it's not for me. If that's really all a car is to you, why are you shopping for a Model 3 instead of the absolute cheapest vehicle you can buy that accomplishes that goal?

• Like x 1
  10. galbrecht7

galbrecht7 Member

I do kind of agree with the OP, I have noticed more complaining and negativity lately. But I do not agree with your point of this is simply a car to get you from point A to B. That's like someone telling Steve Jobs to not make the iPhone. "It's simply a phone Steve! Stop trying to change it, people only use it to make and receive calls!"

• Like x 5
  11. siggyfreud

siggyfreud Member

Same. I agree about the negativity, but not about the point a to point b. But I'm a car enthusiast, so it's a hobby in addition to a necessity, and I recognize I might be in the minority.

12. 22522

22522 Active Member

Have you ever driven the Fit?

• Like x 1
  13. galbrecht7

galbrecht7 Member

I can't imagine you'd be in the minority. I have to think most people participating on a Tesla forum are enthusiasts as well. I'm a mix of car, EV, tech enthusiast. Not trying to add to any negativity, but I'd like to think the "car as a necessity" people on TMC are in the minority. I mean come on, if your main thought in getting a Tesla is "well it'll get me from point A to B".... o_O

14. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Member

Thankfully no.

• Funny x 1
  15. codex57

codex57 Member

The Fit is actually pretty fun to drive. It best recalls the Hondas of the 80s/90s which were kind of Honda's peak for performance.

Now if you want an appliance car, Toyota and Buick spring to mind.

• Like x 1
  16. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Total Smeghead

Technically, your claim is faultless.

But in reality, a car is much more to most car owners, and I am sure you know that quite well. Therefor I am not going to go into any more details.

Suffice it to say, if you get so worked up about reading comments in this forum, I suggest you simply start enjoying life by doing something other than getting your nerves wrecked on TMC (or any other forum on the internet that is) ;)

• Like x 1
  17. kzod

kzod Member

Sorry OP. Huge Fail! A Tesla is not a point A to point B car. Any EV, heck any econobox can satisfy that criterion. What makes Tesla's so desirable is that they aren't a great EV, they are great cars that happen to be EV's. No compromises. If you bought a Model S you weren't limited to 100 or so miles followed by a LONG charge. You could use it just like any other car you own with just a little attention to details. People can (should?) be concerned when it looks like Tesla may have bitten off more than they can chew with the 3. Granted, I trust that they will get the radio functions in place, but it could take a while. Look how long it's taking AP2 to reach AP1 levels of performance. WHat if it took that long to get working FM radio? (joke?_). I'm more concerned about whether there will be sufficient Superchargers to sustain a huge fleet of model 3's. People seem to be taking this for granted, but Model S's have occasionally had to wait a few hours to charge. What happens when the number of cars jumps fourfold. They'll get around to it eventually, but that might mean that you can't use it for long distance travel the first few years without risking a long wait. I'm also concerned about the lack of XM radio and the possible need of an unsightly aftermarket unit that would ruin the look of the car. I'd be sick if they don't actually make it available. Streaming doesn't always work, and every now and then Howard Stern has a good interview. The point being that no owner should have to worry about giving something important up to drive a Tesla.

18. PRSIST

PRSIST Member

As OP, the original point I was trying to make is that the Model 3 is one of very few cars that have endured a “colonoscopy” of sorts long before hitting the streets for sale. We know more about a car we have never physically seen or driven than one we would go to the new car lot and drive home. That exposure to the Model 3, and what appears to be the constant changing of information about the car, has prompted so many people to speculate, gripe, and complain, and that gets old.

I have learned volumes about EV’s on this website and others. So I know that most of us that come to TMC thirst for any information we can get about a car we have waited so long to own. So maybe I, we, need to just cut Tesla some slack and come to grips with the monumental task Tesla has taken on, and the incredible success they have already achieved on a magnificent car….The Model 3!

19. alseTrick

alseTrick Active Member

If your psyche is messed up, stop reading.

It's like complaining that it smells but then continuing to Dutch oven yourself anyways.

20. evp

evp Nerd

As if.