Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Point Claire Supercharger - Off the Highway from Toronto to Mtl?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still planning out my upcoming weekend trip to Montreal to see a Habs game, and as I noted in a previous thread, I don't have access to "home" charging when in Montreal and likely won't have indoor parking so the car will be sitting outside upon my arrival in Montreal on Friday afternoon, will sit idle / unused until Saturday night when I head downtown (will likely drive but may just drive to the Metro and subway down) and then again outdoor Saturday night - will drive around town on Sunday and then head back to Toronto.

(My Aero 18" Winter tire package was supposed to be here 2 weeks ago, last week, and now possibly this week - let's hope the weather stays dry between now and Sunday!)

I have my chargepoint account and card, Flo account, electrique circuit card, plugshare app etc. I also know there are plenty of SC right on the way (Belleville, Kingston, Cornwall, Pointe Claire, etc) - so sorry for the preamble but my objective is to try and get to Montreal with a relatively high SofC to be comfortable with keeping the car outdoors, driving around over the weekend and then leaving Sunday and getting to a SC without needing to charge over the weekend in the city.

On the way in from Toronto, is Point Claire right off the highway and easily accessible or would I be better skipping that and stopping at the one on Cote Vertu?

On the way in from Toronto, is Point Claire right off the highway and easily accessible or would I be better skipping that and stopping at the one on Cote Vertu?

Less than 5 minutes to get there from the highway if you're taking highway 40. It's St Jean exit, then turn left, take ramp on the right that takes you back on the service road of the 40 in the opposite direction and it's in the mall on your right there.

40CA5D8C-7EA0-4831-BFEE-F12F85AB5CFC.jpeg
Normally you’ll end up on highway 20 vs highway 40 coming off of the 401 from Toronto, which means about a 5 minute detour to Fairview for the Pointe Claire SC. I’d recommend that one as it has more slots and good availability plus traffic is a bit better. In fact both PC and St. Laurent are detours but PC is easier for heading downtown afterwards.

Reactions: TDog