Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLAR (Chargemaster) "will have a nationwide EV charging network"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes they've been clear this is a soft launch, they have PR ready but the lady was off sick or something so it's delayed. So they contacted me to say that it's live now, I can tell the 'community' but obviously they want to handle the mainstream stuff.

I've tried to test POLAR sites whenever I come across them and generally they've been working fine. In fact one helped me get a full charge this weekend when my camp site 16A connector had too low and variable voltage that the car cut out and then refused to charge.

However, when trying to use the 32A outlet on one in Cherwell Valley services on the M40 this afternoon, I came across this design fail. This is the first time I've seen one with the protective metal ring in place and it stops an angled Mennekes connector from fully plugging in.

A3fRBpvCAAEftgk.jpg

Was told tonight that the Little Chef at Chicklade (on the A303 in Wiltshire) has closed down. I occasionally dropped in there but normally a peel off onto a B road to Salisbury just before. It was a Polar location I have used a few times.

I heard this in Little Chef at West Knoyle (2 miles west) while getting a few kWh and a syrup sponge. By the looks of it they won't be far behind.

A9xylJ9CcAAtn5t.jpg