Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polestar 2 ordered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropped my deposit on a Polestar 2 today (all 3 packages/awd upgrade). Incentives will change at the beginning of each month, my incentives are $7500 tax rebate, $2000 off sticker (monthly incentive), 2 years free charging at charge America stations, and 3 years of premium connectivity. Brings me just above the M3 LR AWD price (after rebate and 2000 bonus) but Im ok with that as I dont need more range and Im willing to gamble on losing value because Im playing with some "house money". I got a great trade in price from Polestar (a mere 15k over Telsa's offer ><) and so Im giving this a try.

Thanks, admittedly still on the fence because Im def going to miss my 2019 M3 LR AWD with only 18k miles. But Im getting more than I paid for it in trade-in plus the tax incentive and a good dealer incentives makes this an irresistible offer (to me at least). Im willing to try it out and go back to tesla if it doesnt work out.

Reactions: 30seconds
When’s expected delivery?
I ordered two days ago, havent gotten a VIN but Im just completing the online process this afternoon. Salesman said one to two weeks for delivery because they had my configuration (Void on charcoal/black ash, all three packages) at another lot. So Im guessing it will be a 21 not a 22 (22s have heat pump (might be paid option but I didnt see it in configuration so it could be standard)).

I was on the fence but Im feeling pretty committed after watching a billion videos. I havent been ablle to test drive because they arent touring (they hit major cities and you can schedule a test drive) in my area and Im 5 hours away from this dealership. I did reach out to their customer service (mostly as a test) to see if they'd accommodate me with a test drive anyway (they wont). CS rep was 3rd party but he said they'd likely be hired by Polestar when business picks up. Another national rep sent me an email and called me right after I ordered but she didnt respond to my email or call back (I was asking about a test drive, ended up calling the 800 number when I didnt hear back). One thing I really like is that you get a live person right off the bat from calling the 800 number, no number prompts - straight to a rep. Salesman has been great, VERY knowledgeable, AWESOME at hyping up the car, treats me like Im spending 70k. He said their office is just him and his manager. They are in Charlotte, I hear a DC office is coming soon. One concern I have is they only service 180 mile radius so Im not sure how a repair will go down with me being 5 hours away, Im guessing they'll have to meet me.

Last edited:
Ordered 8/13, delivered to dealer today. Pickup next week. Really excited

Attachments

• IMG_8477001.jpg
    IMG_8477001.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 659
  • IMG_8478001.jpg
    IMG_8478001.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 243
Reactions: thesmokingman
The online order process has been bad, which lead to confusion and me getting a 22 instead of a 21 ($2000 more than I expected but they worked with me). I've been stuck on step 4 in their system since I ordered on 10/13 and the car was delivered to dealer 4 days ago. Pricing breakdown has some insane numbers, has me owing 300k on my car. Really weird/bad

Attachments

• PO.jpg
    PO.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 313
Dropped my deposit on a Polestar 2 today (all 3 packages/awd upgrade). Incentives will change at the beginning of each month, my incentives are $7500 tax rebate, $2000 off sticker (monthly incentive), 2 years free charging at charge America stations, and 3 years of premium connectivity. Brings me just above the M3 LR AWD price (after rebate and 2000 bonus) but Im ok with that as I dont need more range and Im willing to gamble on losing value because Im playing with some "house money". I got a great trade in price from Polestar (a mere 15k over Telsa's offer ><) and so Im giving this a try.
Im in the same boat. but i didn't get the 2k off the sticker. i thought that was only for ICE trade ins and only for 2021 polestar.

sorry, just read further into the thread. question answered. Can you tell me how the trade in process was? did they nickle and dime you for every imperfection in the car? thanks
Havent gone there yet but I wouldnt put up with that, I'll walk if they try to devalue the car. They gave a fair price according KBB standards ($500 more than Cavana) and I got them to go up $300 more with hard negotiations.

Looking forward to feedback on Polestar. Looks like a nice EV. Re. trade in, Tesla offered me $42K on my 2018 3 LR back in June and I ended selling it privately for $45.5K. So, their trade in offers were more than decent then.
Just brought it back from a 5 1/2 hour road trip back. Initial thoughts - LOVE the car! Its more comfortable and I like the looks inside and out better than the 3 ('19 LR AWD (no AB)). 3 has a sports car, Porsche feel to me and the P2 has an American muscle car vibe. P2 has a really nice glide to it and sits higher up vs really feeling the road on the 3. Acceleration has some cushion before you get to the juice and there is a little bit of under steer so steering not as tight as the 3 and it doesnt have that linear acceleration (I believe thats what its called). P2 is more fun around corners, no body roll and really blasts out of them

No doubt on the paper the M3 is takes this one all over the place, especially a M3P but P2 is a great alternative, especially if you like older muscle cars and can see that in them. I got more than I paid for my M3 and it had wear and tear, more battery degradation than I liked, 19k miles, and less than 2 years of warranty. My plan is to tint the windows (I got black on black, performance pack) and put PPF on it and have fun with it until used plaid prices are reasonable but we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: tm1v2 and Zorg
Congrats Teezy! I'm glad you're enjoying the new car.

I ordered a Polestar 2 with all the options (except leather) before cancelling in favor of my M3P. I still think the P2 is a great car, and yup definitely more stable & fun in corners at least with the "Performance Pack" suspension (on the car I tested). If the range and charging were equal, I'd probably have the Polestar right now. Instead I'm waiting for some suspension goodies to try to get that level of cornering stability and feel from my M3P. :)

Reactions: Teezy