Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polestar 2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there - I currently have a Model Y Performance on order, but as the wait drags on, I've been monitoring other EVs. One that caught my eye in particular is the Polestar 2 with sport package. It's down on power a bit, but it looks absolutely stunning in person and the interior is in a class of its own. Polestar is also being very aggressive with leases, so I'm tempted.

Does anyone else have first hand experience or thoughts on the Polestar 2. I'm trying to talk myself out of it, but I haven't been able to do it so far, lol.

Reactions: BMWY
Hi there - I currently have a Model Y Performance on order, but as the wait drags on, I've been monitoring other EVs. One that caught my eye in particular is the Polestar 2 with sport package. It's down on power a bit, but it looks absolutely stunning in person and the interior is in a class of its own. Polestar is also being very aggressive with leases, so I'm tempted.

Does anyone else have first hand experience or thoughts on the Polestar 2. I'm trying to talk myself out of it, but I haven't been able to do it so far, lol.
I've never been in a Polestar 2, but I've seen them in the wild and agree that they look great in person. We did take delivery of a Volvo C40 last week, which is a sister car to the Polestar 2. I think the C40 is a great car and is very nice to drive, but I do think that depending on your driving situation and winter temperatures, the Polestar 2 might have a bit of an issue if it gets really cold or if you need over 100 miles of range during the day in cold winter temps once in a while, based on what I'm observing from the C40 and my MYP. Last week we had temps in the teens and I saw about 1.4 miles per 1% of state of charge on the C40. That's probably going down further if temperatures gets to single digits based on what I observed from my MYP this past winter, where I saw meaningful efficiency difference between the teens and single digits.

If winter temps isn't an issue in Philadelphia, then you should just test drive the cars and see how you feel about them, if you haven't already. I really love my MYP, but I think there are a lot of other great options now at the similar size and price point and could serve different people as well as or better than a Tesla.

Check with the OP in the thread below, whom took delivery of a 2 in the last few months.

The reviews of the Polestar 2 are good, It lacks some power, range, and maybe some of the tech of the 3/Y, but it does offer a display right infront of the driver and certainly a good looking car. It will also need to charge off of EA when you're road tripping so be prepared for some glitchy DC fast charging. My neighbor bought one and he seems to love it. If it makes financial sense and is appealing "Go for it".

I traded my Model Y for a Polestar 2. Not because I want d to get rid of model y but I was getting way more than what I paid for it.

We decided to go all electric and ordered a second model y but decided that two same cars would be boring so was looking for other EV's and for me, Polestar 2 has amazing build quality and ride and I bought it.

Note: I would not have bought it if I was not getting what I got on Model Y trade. I still think that Polestar is expensive for what you are getting.

Range: Polestar 2 range is not bad. Based on my driving ( I drive aggressive) , I am not seeing huge difference between long range Y and polestar 2 ( may be 35 miles realistically). The difference is that Polestar 2 actually gives you much closer to the range they advertise and that is not the case with Tesla. On highway driving from Dallas to Houston. I had to charge both the cars. The difference is that I had to charge Tesla for only 20 minutes but Polestar 2 needed like 30 to 35 minutes of charge.

My Model Y we ordered is set to be delivered in May.

Was cross shopping Model Y with Volvo XC40/C40 and the Polestar 2. The biggest turn off for me was infotainment on the Volvo/Polestar. The Volvo particularly had a pretty small screen at 9". It felt kind of cramped and felt like last gen software.

Hmm. On the other hand, Google Infotainment is exactly what I like the most about Polestar.. I can not speak for Volvo but Polestar infotainment is fantastic. you have all the traditional things ( stalk control, shifter, and DRIVER DISPALY which is very cool and informative) and the center screen for me has just the right amount of stuff to get the job done and be cool.

you get a lot with tesla infotainment but, all the extra's are nice to talk about but not of any value and driving experience improvement. ( in short you really don't need them and you wont miss them if you are driving other cars)

Now the phone app is what sucks with Polestar, very limited functions and is a little buggy. It gets the job done but a bit frustrating experience ( like having to close and reopen multiple times for the app to start communicating with the car etc)

For the OP: go and test drive and get the feel of the car and infotainment and then decide, the only thing you wont be able to test is probably range and I already gave you a real world example of that in my previous post ( Dallas to Houston Trip)

Reactions: Daekwan