Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polestar2 encounter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a funny incident the other day. As I waited at the stop light by my house, confident that even my "slow" LR RWD Model3 could beat pretty much anything off the line, I thought about nothing in particular. Suddenly a car flashed past me as the light turned green, I instinctively stepped on the gas to feel that oh so rewarding acceleration rush and was rather confused because the rather boxy car to my side stayed stubbornly ahead. I couldn't figure out what the car was. It looked fairly non descript and yet not like anything I had seen before. Eventually I realised it was a presumably rather rare Polestar2. It was handsome enough though very boxy and chunky. It was fast though for sure. We are used to other Teslas but any other non Tesla car has to be assumed to be much slower for the most part.
It's great to see finally some cars that are pretty competitive and with different designs. I don't particularly love the exterior design of the Model3. It's functional and sleek but not particularly exciting. The Polestar was chunky and not especially attractive but it's chunkiness had a solid feel to it, even as it flashed past me.
Anyone else had a Polestar encounter, or been surprised by a non Tesla car at the lights.

OK my doctor told me not to comment on other brands with
my Meds. But what in the name of a beer can this car attract.
If you want to take a new partner out, the first question is did
your dad let you take it. As a dad I would be offended. I am sure
at last call in the bar most would say, I will walk home. I am sure in some
green states you could say, wow man, grandpa's car cool. Sorry for
candy coating it.

Reactions: Saturday