Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polestar2 encounter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
haha good to see all the comments on the Polestar. I have a Volvo v60 which I really liked (until the Tesla ruined it). That said I do enjoy the solid feel of the car inside and out, but I also recognise that all that 'solidness" = extra weight and that's what people miss about Tesla. Tesla builds for efficiency. Their interiors are spartan and there is a certain flimsiness about the car overall but I believe it's primarily about eeking out every bit off efficiency (without going to exotic materials like carbon fibre). Volvo seats are super awesome though - the v60 seats are just a little better than Tesla. Overall though it's still exciting to see a competitor to the Model3 even if it lacks in various ways it provides a different look. It's always fun to see something new and different out there. Once Telsa's used to be the new, unknown interesting car, now (at least here in LA) they are more like a Prius in terms of their ubiquity. I should emphasise that is only in terms of their "uniqueness", in no other way is a Tesla like a Prius!

I test-drove one with a friend recently.

Nice enough car, but I've come to love the simplicity of the interior design on my 3. My first thought in "normal" cars like the Polestar is "why all these unnecessary buttons and knobs?"

Drove nice. I didn't find it ugly, I found it typical for the kind of car design, apart from the EV aspects.

HaAbOm90cg5VmHAWZ3WACl4y0jJBQlTfcn8C4wi-Md85O64_W5J8MBvuHSI56dJIYtaHukP94nLwotdHKzOspI3RVh1PxAuqvpWulgGv0Of4ygMh88e4rkOIofKR0-SJhDdbx4YY0xOGsc5uCDvSQViIibpRIY4igsZrXjD4u5s6sIsPhxOmlCex7U14Fv4K4wa26JG5aKEtOtFMBEPFmzcb6MKQ1-WXi04NhM7d8YEaOfDde59ewuUHHD9fn-G5IFVqCmD0l8Ofh8ZV_D69nRe_w-7qTznAutwqqfyO2Mu0zYgJYeWPf6v2PvvpkscWIYoJhTGRRMZAfLnuMjyTTkP1euGy-98t4C0Z64nrN3hNqJK2Vb2UunHbbCHts4ROqtMiuuMwvGwE5VlUZS26FGWGsdq8nrPAeKVyurtJIntFpak9xjBQURbEIh2x7Ln4m-puFmYiVU-yQ9JjoqkuYaagpbOK36yQErNZhNDjx6d9PgDDAPtqOiNDxMl7TqTzyWUuj9GAbcaEJbA53Smoi2rdUfOAkiZ63YkKDYfHQ41ezX04wo7Gmnih_CIBtFzBiDW7ZrD5zpde5U-SriFkYEZKAjLH7Nsi-MgTfEKL65YWWsNoj8N_E5jmq2BL8xvrAYrHSCKafHTsqgDAqOhpMM5bI2jlsM6UwBMNOAfgz4T2p0tfkpVgTHAl44lzB6A=w1816-h1023-no