Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Policies towns and cities can implement to promote BEV future?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What policies can towns and small cities do to make their communities BEV ready and promote BEV future?

Much more than just installing chargers on city land (which may not be much of incentive).

Some ideas I have:
1. Requirement that new buildings must be EV Ready, with space reserved and conduit laid for future installation (avoid demolition to install equipment).

2. Events that bring property owners and construction to meet with BEV equipment installers and BEV auto together for hands on viewing and learning.

3. Educational programs, from community meetings, school info, broadcast programs (Ch 16), and such.

4. Festival events to bring general public out, different method to achieve #2 and #3.

What else?
Trying to get my community to put effort to going BEV.

Reactions: bruce4000
What policies can towns and small cities do to make their communities BEV ready and promote BEV future?

Much more than just installing chargers on city land (which may not be much of incentive).

Some ideas I have:
1. Requirement that new buildings must be EV Ready, with space reserved and conduit laid for future installation (avoid demolition to install equipment).

2. Events that bring property owners and construction to meet with BEV equipment installers and BEV auto together for hands on viewing and learning.

3. Educational programs, from community meetings, school info, broadcast programs (Ch 16), and such.

4. Festival events to bring general public out, different method to achieve #2 and #3.

What else?
Trying to get my community to put effort to going BEV.
PM 2.5 & PM10 readings, published, automated testing especially near schools, sports areas, housing.

Spot checks on emissions, particulates, modifications, exhaust loudness - especially in high emissions areas. Idiots will learn to avoid.

More city-owned BEVs in fleet

Reactions: bruce4000
PM 2.5 & PM10 readings, published, automated testing especially near schools, sports areas, housing.
What is this? (I guessing a UK rule)
Spot checks on emissions, particulates, modifications, exhaust loudness - especially in high emissions areas. Idiots will learn to avoid.
Possible, but early for punitive. USA is far behind Europe and China.
More city-owned BEVs in fleet
Will take some convincing for that to happen, despite interests.

Some news I found.

At the bottom of this has eye opening challenge to convince people to try and EV.
Most of it is usual FUD being pushed by oil.

The proposal for your town to install a pollution monitoring station and to stream the results continually to the web is a very good one.

Most US embassies and consular buildings do this. That is one of the many reasons the Chinese were forced to start being more honest about their data.

The PM2.5 and PM10 definitions are internationally used, see Particulates - Wikipedia

You should also do the continuous monitoring for NOX and SOX

It might also be sensible to add in the ODS and VOCs

As you can imagine the fossil fuel industry will hate this !

The proposal for your town to install a pollution monitoring station and to stream the results continually to the web is a very good one.

Most US embassies and consular buildings do this. That is one of the many reasons the Chinese were forced to start being more honest about their data.

The PM2.5 and PM10 definitions are internationally used, see Particulates - Wikipedia

You should also do the continuous monitoring for NOX and SOX

It might also be sensible to add in the ODS and VOCs

As you can imagine the fossil fuel industry will hate this !
Now I understand what he proposed.

Certainly a challenge in near future here.

Reactions: petit_bateau