TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Polishing Stainless Door Sill (Tesla Emblem)

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by JohnnyLounge21, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. JohnnyLounge21

First - what are these things called? I think the "door sills" are the part above the part I'm talking about below made of in Carbon Fiber (this is not a picture of my Roadster, BTW).

Any recommendations on how I can get this (the stainless part) to look better? I spent a couple hours polishing #1190 to a lustrous shine and I don't want to just take stainless polish (unless you guys recommend that). I read an extensive review on how to detail a Roadster and they didn't seem to point out this critical component (maybe b/c I don't know the proper thing to call it).

Any ideas?

door sill.jpg

2. bart513

bart513 Active Member

Can I ask where you read the extensive review on how to detail the Roadster? I have the car wrapped in 3M and want to put wax over it.

3. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

I had my paint armour installer remove them when I had my entire sill wrapped (too many pebbles bouncing around). I think they're fugly.

4. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Pretty sure it's aluminum. I lightly polished and waxed it and it looks nice.