Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thread bites the political dust.

I think the mustache would look nice on the Model 3. ;)

Dan

Since you are mixing in that discussion with politics:
None off the candidates had mustaches, so why should Model 3 have it?

This fellows had mustaches:
183px-Stalin_lg_zlx1.jpg

;)

Well, I'll go with Greenpeace:

Hillary Clinton’s Connections to the Oil and Gas Industry

t's no projection, it's readily apparent. Most democrats believe republicans stand for big oil and democrats oppose it. It's not true, but nearly all of them believe it, just like they believe Big Banks are in bed with Republicans not the Democrats when it's the opposite. They will believe what they are told even when the data is visible.

But with campaign donations public today, you do not have to rely on campaign fliers to get the truth.

Whew, another for my ignore list. Like others have said, lets keep this to electric cars around here.

It is about EV and the damage the DNC is trying to do them. Big Oil spent twice as much on the DNC. It's why H2 cars get double rebates and more dollars on infrastructure. H2 is sold by oil companies.

Subsidies are normally handed out to those who make campaign contributions, which how Solyndra imploded. The investors bought government loan guarantees with campaign contributions. And it wasn't to the RNC.

That has to stop. We do not have to waste 1/2 our 'Green' project dollars on greedy insiders. The monies should be based on rule of law, and proven effectiveness.

It sickens me that well intentioned folk are duped into believing their government is not being bribed and the green monies aren't being handed out via extortion.

$5000 for an H2 car, and $2500 for an EV in California is crying shame. IIRC, any fuel related to Oil gets higher subsidies for green dollars.

The SpaceX and Teslar founder, who sits on the President’s business advisory council, defended his decision to participate just hours after Uber CEO, Travis Kalanick, announced he was pulling out. Kalanick was forced to quit the board after mounting pressure from activists and employees, many of whom are immigrants, who oppose Mr Trump’s “Muslim ban”.

• Disagree
Reactions: Eclectic and heltok
The SpaceX and Teslar founder, who sits on the President’s business advisory council, defended his decision to participate just hours after Uber CEO, Travis Kalanick, announced he was pulling out. Kalanick was forced to quit the board after mounting pressure from activists and employees, many of whom are immigrants, who oppose Mr Trump’s “Muslim ban”.

Yup, the Uber CEO has really been a man of honor recently. There is a role model for you.

• Love
Reactions: Ampster
BTW, the above post is some odd robot posting weird snippets quoted from almost entirely unrelated web pages. Go to that users' postings, grab the paragraph, go to Google, put the paragraph in quotes, hit search, and the first article you see you can find the paragraph, and it's just an exact copy.

I reported allanfridstrom's post for moderators to remove, but they have not yet removed it.

I'm not. Frankly it goes against much of the fibre of my being to be considering a US-built car at all. But since it's the only product to tick so many boxes, and there are zero options from my standard "safe" options out of Japan (I used to have a german choice too, but they've recently proven untrustworthy) I'm up for taking the risk.

In response to the OP though - I guess our reservations prepaid for better colours. And I agree, black is a poor default.

Did you think it was the USA who bombed Darwin? History. Read it. Learn it. Screw the 'Japan was defending itself' rewrite. That version requires you to believe that the Japanese were biologically superior to the Chinese in '36 as was common belief in Tokyo at the time. However, I'm pretty sure DNA is more reliable than Tojo's propaganda.

I take it you throw rocks at the Utes and Commodores? Good on you. Screw Aussie workmanship. Buy Toyota, who were building the trucks for the planned occupation of Australia. Too bad most of them ended up on the ocean bottom. Perhaps you can retrieve one?

Frankly, I have nothing against Aussie products or Aussies no matter how ridiculously authoritarian the elected government becomes. Perhaps when your governors enslave all of you, Aussie exports will get really cheap? That would nice to buy a new V8 Ute for $20k USD. Really want one.

Did you think it was the USA who bombed Darwin? History. Read it. Learn it. Screw the 'Japan was defending itself' rewrite. That version requires you to believe that the Japanese were biologically superior to the Chinese in '36 as was common belief in Tokyo at the time. However, I'm pretty sure DNA is more reliable than Tojo's propaganda.

I take it you throw rocks at the Utes and Commodores? Good on you. Screw Aussie workmanship. Buy Toyota, who were building the trucks for the planned occupation of Australia. Too bad most of them ended up on the ocean bottom. Perhaps you can retrieve one?

Frankly, I have nothing against Aussie products or Aussies no matter how ridiculously authoritarian the elected government becomes. Perhaps when your governors enslave all of you, Aussie exports will get really cheap? That would nice to buy a new V8 Ute for $20k USD. Really want one.
Woah there. My experience with US sourced cars was the reason for my caution. I have owned and currently do own a Holden. They don't make anything that I can consider for an EV though.

Spoken like a real Murican. All the other countries are stupid and I want a V8!

Maybe you should start looking for a different forum?

• Funny
Reactions: JRP3
Woah there. My experience with US sourced cars was the reason for my caution. I have owned and currently do own a Holden. They don't make anything that I can consider for an EV though.

Sorry, my response was a bit excessive. But ... "Frankly it goes against much of the fibre of my being to be considering a US-built car at all. ..." is also a touch over the top. Normally I reserve my long-winded nationalist tirades for my fellow Murican's who believe exactly as you do. They don't care about what is in a car, it's low-brow to be seen in American cars. Tesla puts a smile on my face every time I hear a Hate Murica lemming pine for one, especially the domestic rodents. They think Fremont is a suburb of Hamburg or Tesla is a division of Kawasaki Heavy Industries. I blame the schools.

But do note that some Holdens were designed and built in Australia, not all of them are Japanese (Isuzu/Toyota/Nissan/Suzuki produced vehicles have worn Holden badges), or American designs. Yeah, Opel was American until very recently.

Spoken like a real Murican. All the other countries are stupid and I want a V8!

Maybe you should start looking for a different forum?

3 out of 4 our work/domestic miles are EV today, up from 0% in 2012.

Perhaps it's you being on a 'Murican branded auto forum that is disingenuous? Dunno/Duntcare. Pick one genosse.

Last edited:
Wall Street Journal is a conservative paper.
Conservatives identify with denial of global warming.
Electric cars are a threat to the ideology of fossil fuels & global warming denial.
Hence anything that can be attacked will be attacked.

FYI, Conservatives have lower IQ than Progressives, on average
SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research

Reactions: Ken7
Thought it would upset someone.
Always does.

I worked on the nuclear fusion reactor for General Atomics in San Diego.

Where the fk were you?

EDIT - Oh wait, you were busy stealing everybodies rabbit guns and letting radicals shoot the place up while starving the native Aussies. You are excused. I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Status
Not open for further replies.