Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. There are a lot of people who want real entitlement cuts in this country so we can stop the out of control debt situation.
It's military expenditures, not entitlements, that are crushing the country. There are other countries with as many or more entitlement programs and a balanced budget because they don't staff a military that's larger than the next few dozen countries combined. Military that grew by huge margins under the previous 3 republican administrations.

It's military expenditures, not entitlements, that are crushing the country. There are other countries with as many or more entitlement programs and a balanced budget because they don't staff a military that's larger than the next few dozen countries combined. Military that grew by huge margins under the previous 3 republican administrations.

Wrong. It's both. Republicans like their warfare state just like Democrats like their welfare state. Pointing fingers is what the problem is. Let's reduce both. Raise taxes by closing loopholes to cover the difference and we'll be fine. Doubt it will ever happen.

Wrong. It's both. Republicans like their warfare state just like Democrats like their welfare state. Pointing fingers is what the problem is. Let's reduce both. Raise taxes by closing loopholes to cover the difference and we'll be fine. Doubt it will ever happen.
Go back, oh, say 30 years and have our military budget be the same size as the #2 spending country. Hell, make it an extra 10% so we could still claim to be the #1 military by a decent margin.

We'd have been swimming in budget surpluses for the vast, huge majority of that time.

Sorry CK...your data is a little off. The US spends more on defense than the entire rest of the world combined (saying that as a former Navy officer). It's not even close.

+1000! Not just Republicans, but Dems too. Yes, +1000 that we spend way too much in other lands (securing oil, no doubt).

Last edited:

Go back, oh, say 30 years and have our military budget be the same size as the #2 spending country. Hell, make it an extra 10% so we could still claim to be the #1 military by a decent margin.

We'd have been swimming in budget surpluses for the vast, huge majority of that time.

Sorry CK...your data is a little off. The US spends more on defense than the entire rest of the world combined (saying that as a former Navy officer). It's not even close.

I'm glad there are people in this forum that get exactly what's going on and where our tax dollars are going.

Why is it that we can't spend money on our own citizenry and actually help by making the lives of millions of US citizens better whether it be through programs like Social Security, Medicare, a true universal health care plan, education, and actual jobs? Instead, our tax dollars are diverted to defense contractors that build tanks, aircraft carriers, and bombs.

Who's to blame here? Mostly Republicans in my opinion. There are of course Democratic party members who are bought off by these contractors. And of course, the voters who voted away their own self interest for a false sense of security.

- - - Updated - - -

No, as a matter of fact I think (my opinion only from the outside looking in - I am not American) that the result of this nonsense is the certainty of a dem re-election in 2016 and therefore political stability around the advance of EVs.

Don't forget the mid-term elections in 2014. I think we'll see a big reduction in crazy extremist Tea Party Republicans. However, it may take until 2016 and beyond to get anything accomplished in Washington as there will continue to be a significant number of right-wing leaning representatives from both parties.

I've owned my 40 since June, and have put 6000+ miles on the odometer. I was tempted to upgrade to a 60 and SC, but the price/value ratio doesn't make sense for me. The 40 works very well for my needs in the Seattle area.
Note to TM: $2000-$3000 would be a fair price for a 60+SC upgrade. $12000+ is ridiculous.
I'm confused. You paid $12,000 less than people that bought an 60 and you want a $9000-$10000 discount "just because"? I'm confused. Is Tesla now a government entity with a welfare division?

I'm confused. You paid $12,000 less than people that bought an 60 and you want a $9000-$10000 discount "just because"? I'm confused. Is Tesla now a government entity with a welfare division?

While you raise a valid point that last little comment came off as a cheap shot, IMHO.

I do think that Tesla's upgrade pricing is fair. Bought the 40 but want a 60 w/SC? Okay, well pay the difference.

What a load of shite. "If it was any other manufacturer, NITSA would be all over them", really? Like the thousands of car fires per week in ICE cars? There so common, they aren't even reported any longer.. Check your facts Fox (or as usual, don't let the "facts" enter into your "reporting"). F Rupert Murdoch and his entire family.

Like how she lies and says "There have been a handful of recent reports about Tesla cars catching on fire" in the Video. Really, when is two a handful where one is from crashing through multiple concrete walls. I'm sure this lady never changed a drop of oil ever in a car as well. Watching the video she appears to be a stress case who has anxiety.

Notice nobody comments on her videos! I looked at just one other video, on her tips for driving in the rain... how pathetic... information that the DMV has told everyone:
Driving in Wet Conditions: Expert Driving Tips by Lauren Fix - YouTube

How do people like this ever make it on TV, she's better qualified to flip burgers. Sheez.

I really doubt anyone will take her seriously.

Last edited:
There have been a few hit pieces with her involved.

I wrote a rebuttal in the comments but Fox screens the comments. So I don't expect my response to show up.

Here it is, limited by how many letters you can post:

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. This is so full of misinformation.
1. The car caught fire. It didn't "blow up." Just like gas cars do.
2. So they want the NHTSA to waste taxpayers money by investigating a clear accident.
3. The owner was very happy with how the car responded. He will be paying full price for his replacement car since he loves the car so much.
4. The second fire was caused by a drunk driver in Mexico. He drove through a wall and hit a tree at high speed. Not injured also.

That used every character you're allowed. I like my second point since it hits them where they live.

you can also send her and fox news a message on twitter - her handle is @laurenfix and i would cc @foxnews. i just sent them a message, as i did the last time they spouted off lies about tesla. she has less followers than i do so i can guarantee you that she sees all messages sent her way because i easily see all my messages.

Lauren Fix is clueless! Who is she?
This was posted 09-29-2013, 01:58 AM, in a thread about a previous segment on Fox Business News/Spreading the Sheet [sic], where she appeared:

…/ Lauren Fix is the manager of Fix Motorsports, which is a car dealer. She also is/was a part owner of an aftermarket parts business and is a member of SEMA and Aftermarket ( Automotive ) Industry Association. ( Wikipedia and linkedin and her own webpages ) /…

Source: FOX Business News: Spreading the Sheet - Page 3

- - - Updated - - -

Also: Is it possible to get Fox Business News fact-checked on this segment by a major competitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.