Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
may be I could say this-EV tax credit $7500.00 is save. So many things in life is somehow connected: Roy Moore lost in Alabama sends a big warning to GOP who wants to kill so many things including EV tax credit that mid term election next year will be disaster.......

The message from the Roy Moore loss is not "don't mess with our EV tax credit", it's "don't run a man accused of pedophilia".

The message from the Roy Moore loss is not "don't mess with our EV tax credit", it's "don't run a man accused of pedophilia".

Well, hebephilia or ephebephilia. If it were pedophilia it wouldn't have been anywhere near as close. And more precisely, the advice is "Don't run a man accused of being a hebephile sex criminal." Pedophiles/hebephiles/ephebephiles aren't all offenders.

... Glad to see EV tax credit survive the “tax reform” efforts...)

When it's signed, it's in place. Public Unions and California cities/counties are right this minute putting on a huge push of advertising to stop the budget from being implemented, going as far as to actually lie about the proposed budget contents. Lots of money is being thrown out there. And that's a problem. We have the best Congress that money can buy.

Would California throw EVs under the bus to block the budget? Absolutely. Greed is a powerful motivator. The environment is not.

One of the major funding sources, but specifics are hidden: https://www.americansagainstdoubletaxation.org/#lp-pom-block-98

I would suggest calling your reps and making your voice heard. Money is a huge bullhorn. It makes Congress listen. But they will also listen to their constituents, we just have to scream over the phone though.

When it's signed, it's in place. Public Unions and California cities/counties are right this minute putting on a huge push of advertising to stop the budget from being implemented, going as far as to actually lie about the proposed budget contents. Lots of money is being thrown out there. And that's a problem. We have the best Congress that money can buy.

Would California throw EVs under the bus to block the budget? Absolutely. Greed is a powerful motivator. The environment is not.

One of the major funding sources, but specifics are hidden: https://www.americansagainstdoubletaxation.org/#lp-pom-block-98

I would suggest calling your reps and making your voice heard. Money is a huge bullhorn. It makes Congress listen. But they will also listen to their constituents, we just have to scream over the phone though.

There is so much in this budget that is an absolute disaster that I would gladly give up my $7,500 tax credit on my Model 3 if it meant that funding were not cut across the board for health care and all the other services that people depend on, and if it meant stopping the massive give-aways to the uber-rich. This is a dreadful budget that is or should be opposed by everyone who cares about human beings. The budget bill will take far more away from ordinary people (including Model 3 buyers) than it will return in the form of the tax credit. Millions of people will be kicked out of health insurance by this bill. It would be unconscionable to support the EV tax credit at the cost of millions of human beings including children losing their health care.

There is so much in this budget that is an absolute disaster that I would gladly give up my $7,500 tax credit on my Model 3 if it meant that funding were not cut across the board for health care and all the other services that people depend on, and if it meant stopping the massive give-aways to the uber-rich. This is a dreadful budget that is or should be opposed by everyone who cares about human beings. The budget bill will take far more away from ordinary people (including Model 3 buyers) than it will return in the form of the tax credit. Millions of people will be kicked out of health insurance by this bill. It would be unconscionable to support the EV tax credit at the cost of millions of human beings including children losing their health care.
Yep, the direct consequence of mr Trump.

I have no idea what you are saying. The tax reform bill doesn’t mention or do anything to the EV tax credit, so as far as the credit is concerned it makes no difference whether it’s passed or not.

I have no idea what you are saying. The tax reform bill doesn’t mention or do anything to the EV tax credit, so as far as the credit is concerned it makes no difference whether it’s passed or not.
The house bill had a provision to dump the EV tax credit. The senate bill did not include that provision. The combined bill currently termed 'final' does not include the abolish EV tax credit provision.
Could still change, but for right now the EV tax credit is still available.

The Senate version did not mention the EV incentive, hence no change.
The House version had a clause to eliminate the EV incentive.
The conference at this point has sided with the Senate.

It's not guaranteed at this point, but it looks good.

And just to clarify, there is no clause in it to deny medical care to minors. It doesn't exist except in this week's PAC advertising content.
There is no clause to guarantee less taxes for millionaires than for the middle class either.
It will reduce taxes for those who make under $100k. It might not reduce liability for those who earn over $600k due to other changes.
And the POTUS is not involved at this point. We must wait for his sig.

Last edited:
It might not reduce liability for those who earn over $600k due to other changes.
A new tax cut for the rich: The final plan lowers the top tax rate for top earners. Under current law, the highest rate is 39.6 percent for married couples earning over $470,700. The GOP bill would drop that to 37 percent and raise the threshold at which that top rate kicks in, to $500,000 for individuals and $600,000 for married couples. This amounts to a significant tax break for the very wealthy, a departure from repeated claims by Trump and his top officials that the bill would not cut taxes on the rich. The new tax break for millionaires goes beyond what was in the original House and Senate bills, with Republicans seeking to ensure wealthy earners in states such as New York, Connecticut and California don't end up paying substantially higher taxes as a result of the bill.

A massive tax cut for corporations: Starting on Jan. 1, 2018, big businesses' tax rate would fall from 35 percent to just 21 percent, the largest one-time rate cut in U.S. history for the nation's largest companies.

The final GOP tax bill is complete. Here's what is in it.

... And just to clarify, there is no clause in it to deny medical care to minors. [...]
There is no clause to guarantee less taxes for millionaires than for the middle class either.
[...]

They don't write a clause saying "No medical care for minors." They just de-fund programs like the ACA that do provide such care. They de-fund birth control and sex ed and pre-natal care. They de-fund Planned Parenthood that provides sex ed and birth control and pre-natal care and post-natal care. As for millionaires, they don't write a clause saying "Less tax for millionaires." They just create exceptions and loopholes that the uber-rich can exploit to pay less tax. Though FWIW, I don't know if a mere million dollars is enough to get you into the rarified air of tax loopholes. The baboon-in-chief probably wouldn't even look at a millionaire. You probably have to have a hundred million before he'd even acknowledge your existence, and several hundred million at least before he'd consider you worth consideration.

So, no, mere millionaires might not benefit from this budget. Unless they buy an EV and get the $7,500.

And your rant telling people to write to their Congressional representatives in support of the budget bill in order to preserve the EV tax credit is dishonest because with the tax credit in the present version, the tax credit stays whether the bill is passed or not.

Last edited:
They don't write a clause saying "No medical care for minors." They just de-fund programs like the ACA that do provide such care. They de-fund birth control and sex ed and pre-natal care. They de-fund Planned Parenthood that provides sex ed and birth control and pre-natal care and post-natal care. As for millionaires, they don't write a clause saying "Less tax for millionaires." They just create exceptions and loopholes that the uber-rich can exploit to pay less tax. Though FWIW, I don't know if a mere million dollars is enough to get you into the rarified air of tax loopholes. The baboon-in-chief probably wouldn't even look at a millionaire. You probably have to have a hundred million before he'd even acknowledge your existence, and several hundred million at least before he'd consider you worth consideration.

So, no, mere millionaires might not benefit from this budget. Unless they buy an EV and get the $7,500.

And your rant telling people to write to their Congressional representatives in support of the budget bill in order to preserve the EV tax credit is dishonest because with the tax credit in the present version, the tax credit stays whether the bill is passed or not.

You can now opt out of health insurance. Since trauma centers in many states must treat people who come in, they are not killing off all the children as presumed by the flashy propaganda campaign.

Here's how it is in 2017:

To provide 7 staff members with full health insurance, no employee contribution, is an average of $15,000 per family (I cover the entire family). So that's ~$105,000 a year.

I make a 5 digit salary as does my wife. It costs >$30k a year to have each kid attend a public university in-state. My property taxes are nowhere near $10,000.

The new tax proposal will continue to assist EV adoption, give my team more take home pay, NOT TAX THEIR HEALTH INSURANCE (yes, that is insanity, thanks to Pelosi).

So call it rant from a member of the Uber-Rich if you wish. It has no effect on facts. If somebody calls a campfire a pillow, it doesn't mean it's a good idea to rest your head there.

The proposal will benefit most folk who work every day, especially small businesses, and those who don't own mansions.

Last edited:
... They de-fund birth control and sex ed and pre-natal care. They de-fund Planned Parenthood that provides sex ed and birth control and pre-natal care and post-natal care. ...

Show me the passage in this budget.

I do not understand how this budget could possibly shut down School District, County, and State 'health science' curriculum nationally.

I do not understand why Planned Parenthood is special. There are literally thousands of non-profits with high paid managers. Average pay for the 56 PP CEO's is 400k plus perks, with the boss of bosses making a million a year plus perks. Under 60% of their money is used to provide reproductive services to their clients. The rest is management, lobbying for money, public relations campaigns, etc. Not exactly a stellar example of a charity. That's because they are not a charity. They are a non-profit PAC essentially with a large medical services division.

Are all non-profits demanding their Federal Aid? Or are there 'special' ones that demand it and we as Americans better lick their boots? Nixon was really dumb when he opened the treasury to them. I think that's why everybody hates Nixon? Or was it that 'end Vietnam' crap he pulled?

Trivia - My daughter is home from university due to the fires stopping finals. She had friends over yesterday. This is California, just as a reminder.
I hear my daughter arguing with one of the girls about whether you can get pregnant the first time you have sexual intercourse.
We have grammar school Sex Ed, HS Sex Ed, the Internet, PP, etc, etc, in the most 'enlightened' state of the union.

Apparently throwing $1.6 Billion at the problem hasn't worked.

If Trumps approval rating stick to 42% or less the Ds have ~40% chance of taking the House.

There are more gerrymandered seats that favor Rs than Ds but that can be overcome in a wave election.

What was Obama's approval rating when he lost 1000 seats (including house, Senate, governors and state house/Senate) in his 8 years.

I'm waiting for some policies from the Dems. It can't be all about Russia.

What was Obama's approval rating when he lost 1000 seats (including house, Senate, governors and state house/Senate) in his 8 years.

I'm waiting for some policies from the Dems. It can't be all about Russia.

Even with approval ratings in the 47-59% range the party holding the White House can lose seats. What does that tell you about ratings in the sub 43% range?

As for your second point the Ds have more policy proposals than America has problems. The problem with the Ds is they have solutions in search of problems whereas the Rs just deny problems exist.

opioids killed over 40,000 just in 2016
Almost all mass shootings done by people on antidepressants (such as valium) or psychotropics (such as ritalin).
Very, very dangerous to simply stop taking these types of drugs - psychotic events will follow.
(taboo topic, why would that be)

Sadly cops shoot more citizens than any terrorists. FBI even refuses to keep count or investigate.

Drunk and now Distracted drivers kill plenty, decreasing since the 60s.

Details, details 10 leading causes of death by age group.
Ten Leading Causes of Death and Injury - PDFs|Injury Center|CDC

• Informative
Reactions: T34ME and jbcarioca
We don't, and you know that.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Privilege? The right to bear arms, the right to free speech, the right of free association, the right to be free of religious persecution, the right to due process prior to the government seizing your property, the right to run a legal business as you see fit, and many other things we used to take for granted are dissolving.

No, compared to the 1970's we are oppressed in ways that have nothing to do with gender, race, or religious equality. We are becoming slaves to our masters. We work for free nearly 1/2 the year when you add it all up.

Privilege today exists for the pleasure of the government and it's staff. We are returning to a monarchy. However, the succession is based on money, not just ancestry.

The truly troubling aspect of it, is about 1/2 the country wants to have their rights taken from them. They want the government to control every single aspect of their lives. They see no problem with government staff having more rights than those they hold control over.

Today, I will go into work, and fill out forms as part of my duties. Today will be like any other day this century. They will ask me what race am I and what gender am I. It's required by law, and determines whether or not I will be allowed to work. I will not be notified if I'm rejected due to gender or racial issues. The government deemed that side of the equation to be unnecessary.

My son just did his college apps last month. What college he is allowed to attend is not entirely based on his academic achievement, but also the color of his skin, just like it was for my daughters. ie - You can be anything you want in the USA as long as you are the correct race, gender, and religion.

That is not rumor, it's written in ink and enforced by armed government personnel. Just like we did to the Native Americans, but now it's 100 years later. The 'white man' is still evil, however, 'white man' now has nothing to do being white or a man. It is tied into who you collect your paycheck from.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brando and Eclectic
Status
Not open for further replies.