Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah...I get the full EPL package and watch most of the week’s fixtures. There are calls on “lads” but a whole bunch of “boys” calls as well (and quite often detailed when mentioning the “black” players). In any event, Europe has issues!

What I came away with was that the 'acceptable' group to hate were called 'gypsies', which I believe has now become the generic term for Eastern Europeans and Russians. You can get in trouble for hating Muslims, Blacks, Jews, etc, but Gypsies seem to be fair game. I'd say half of the folk I spoke at length with, let me know how they feel about them. Seems that they are thought to be the criminal low-life of Europe.

“I honestly believe that in certain parts of America, people have started to mate with vegetables”!

Ah, now I understand, you’re an Aussie and ignorant of America.

Don’t believe everything you see from the Internet/BBC.

haha—I’ve visited the Au a bunch of times. “Mostly” nice people and I didn’t let a few chuckleheads I met in the Gold Coast tinge my view of the rest of your country.

Ah, now I understand, you’re an Aussie and ignorant of America.

Don’t believe everything you see from the Internet/BBC.

haha—I’ve visited the Au a bunch of times. “Mostly” nice people and I didn’t let a few chuckleheads I met in the Gold Coast tinge my view of the rest of your country.
I bet I watch more American news, daily, than you.
By news, I don’t mean Fox ‘News’.

Reactions: Point 3
I have nothing against Southern America -

If you watch the news, you should have something against southern states. The news is generated in NY and LA. Both are hyper-liberal, worse than rabid dingos. Note, our news is mostly aimed at entertainment, it has little substance. They are the journalistic equivalent of rice cakes.

And yet, LA and NY are among the biggest shiitholes in the world. Massive ghettos, overcrowding, abandoned buildings, graffiti, homeless, filthy poorly maintained roads and sidewalks.

Looking down on southerners makes them feel superior. It's an effort in futility. LA in particular is a west coast version of Calcutta, except Calcutta is more organized, colorful, and has at least a few honest elected officials.

Those palm trees you see on TV shows depicting LA are actually cell towers decorated to look like palm trees.

3098732719_b0d5d40125_o.0.0.jpg

List of U.S. states by educational attainment - Wikipedia

It would be good if it was stratified by field - eg: honours in chemistry is harder than honours in commerce

2009 is almost a decade ago. Things have changed in the US since then.

Where a person ends up after college is related to the job market requirements for their major. A high % of PhD's doesn't mean they were educated there, or will retire there.

Let's go by intelligence instead of where move to get a job. Hmmm... SAT scores? This are issued where you are born in general.

And let freshen it up. Say 2017?

California - a 1055 average. Crap. Do the scores even go that low? I was no rocket surgeon, but I was 1480 in California on the same scoring method, IIRC?

Arkansas - Hickville Central. Marry your sister, then knock her teeth out while guzzling a Budweiser, right? 1208.

New York - 1052 average. No way! Some state could be dumber than California? They must be using Hillary math.

Let me think. Worst of the worse. Gotta be Alabama. Forrest Gump graduated college there. The envelop please? 1165. Nothing to brag about, but 10% smarter than where we get our news from.

This comes right from the SAT database. Or a quick view format here:

Here are the Average SAT Scores by State

2009 is almost a decade ago. Things have changed in the US since then.

Where a person ends up after college is related to the job market requirements for their major. A high % of PhD's doesn't mean they were educated there, or will retire there.

Let's go by intelligence instead of where move to get a job. Hmmm... SAT scores? This are issued where you are born in general.

And let freshen it up. Say 2017?

California - a 1055 average. Crap. Do the scores even go that low? I was no rocket surgeon, but I was 1480 in California on the same scoring method, IIRC?

Arkansas - Hickville Central. Marry your sister, then knock her teeth out while guzzling a Budweiser, right? 1208.

New York - 1052 average. No way! Some state could be dumber than California? They must be using Hillary math.

Let me think. Worst of the worse. Gotta be Alabama. Forrest Gump graduated college there. The envelop please? 1165. Nothing to brag about, but 10% smarter than where we get our news from.

This comes right from the SAT database. Or a quick view format here:

Here are the Average SAT Scores by State
now take a look at participation column...

Doubtful given the current administration ... :cool:

Perhaps someone on Fox & Friends will mention that EVs use electricity, which can be supplied by glorious coal fueled power plants, and then it'll mysteriously become a thing that the WH is talking about?

P.S. As long as nobody points out that it may be of some benefit to the treasonous Musk who was one of the those that resigned from the now defunct Advisory Council. Well I guess a new limit of say 300K, or some other like modest bump on the limit, wouldn't buy Tesla much time.

• Funny
Reactions: jsmay311
Even if the majority party wasn't in general philosophically and culturally opposed to EVs, the current dysfunctional state of Congress means they'd struggle to pass gas much less an amendment like that.

Whether they should, what's the most sound policy, is another question.

Yup. Trump abolished the EPA and EV tax credit the first week he was in office. He's having the White House re-carpeted with baby seals and Air Force One's 747's are now running on whale oil.

Obama's Nobel was for building a time machine so he could start the federal credits back in 2005? for hybrids, and dial them up for 2009 for plug-in's.

Any reason you are identifying the suspected perp with a racially charged term?

Sigh, liberal alert! Profile says he's from the Bay Area, not surprised.....

Red neck isn't a race, it's a lifestyle more than anything in certain areas of the country. I think people of any race can exhibit red neck tendencies if they live that way. Red necks are generally proud to be red necks. I'm not one, nor would I ever live that way, but they don't bother me.

Does it bother you to hear this non-racial term?

Red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck!:cool:

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Mickie
Status
Not open for further replies.