Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh, liberal alert! Profile says he's from the Bay Area, not surprised.....

Red neck isn't a race, it's a lifestyle more than anything in certain areas of the country. I think people of any race can exhibit red neck tendencies if they live that way. Red necks are generally proud to be red necks. I'm not one, nor would I ever live that way, but they don't bother me.

Does it bother you to hear this non-racial term?

Red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck red neck!:cool:

Definition of REDNECK

(Spoiler alert: Definitely disparaging)

Reactions: Eclectic
All you need is a jury of men, or at least a majority.

"Your honor, he keyed my car, so I got my chainsaw and cut him in half, head to toe while screaming KEY THIS!!!!".

Jury - "Not guilty, he got what he deserved".

I actually worry about someone keying my car for the first time ever. If it has to happen, I hope I am there to slam his head off the pavement.

Pennsylvania redneck is just a subset of rednecks that try not to identify as one. "Pennsyltucky" exists for a reason.

My car gets parked in public due to my job. I have had it 2 weeks and it has been keyed. Never happened on any other car I have owned. I was taking it to get wrapped next week.

Don't underestimate the jealousy and hatred the red neck population has for these cars.

Sorry your car was keyed but what makes you certain a white person who does manual labor in the sun was responsible?

I'm a righty, and I'm not likely to get the full wrap done. The best place in LV wants $7k for it. I'll settle for partial (if I ever get my car, approaching 9 weeks on repetitive fit and finish fixes) to protect it from insect swarms and highway rocks.

You can drive 5 hours west and get it done in the Progressive People's Republic of Kommieforniastan. :D

(No tolerance for intolerant MAGA rednecks)

$7K sounds more than it should be unless it includes full car tinting.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Red neck isn't a race, it's a lifestyle more than anything in certain areas of the country.

Redneck is a state of action. You do things to be a redneck. Shoot guns, drink domestic beer, support right-wing politics. White trash, hick, etc. are states of being. You are these things because of what you are. Class, worldview, etc. Hillbilly is a state of mind, though. It's metaphysical and ephemeral and contradictory.
not my words:)

Progressive's believe in the rights of everyone
Not true at all. They may actually block your desire to forcefully remove babies and children away from their parents to be placed in internment camps as bargaining chips for deportment without due process.

I mean, really. Don't psychopathic scum have any rights anymore ?!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Not true at all. They may actually block your desire to forcefully remove babies and children away from their parents to be placed in internment camps as bargaining chips for deportment without due process.

I mean, really. Don't psychopathic scum have any rights anymore ?!

Ehh the world is more complex than painting everything as big broad strokes like assuming a white male keyed OPs car.

Literally no one but monsters WANTS to remove babies and children away from parents.

So now we have eliminated the straw man ad homiems -

Are you willing to pay all the expenses of illegal migrants and potentially accept legal liability for any adverse actions undertaken by them?

I am thinking no. Not being “progressive” doesn’t equate with being “regressive”. It could be a “progressive unionist” versus a redneck (racism is ok when talking about poor white people)

Back to my original point that the world is complex and “progressives” shouldn’t assume they are the only ones who “know best” and all Tesla owners tow that line.

Literally no one but monsters WANTS to remove babies and children away from parents.
The question for you is whether it makes you sick to your stomach; whether you rue the day you became a trumper and now refuse to be a willing or passive supporter.

No ?
Then you are scum, just like the psychopath in the White House. It is that black and white. You are judged by your actions and inactions, trumper.

The question for you is whether it makes you sick to your stomach; whether you rue the day you became a trumper and now refuse to be a willing or passive supporter.

No ?
Then you are scum, just like the psychopath in the White House. It is that black and white. You are judged by your actions and inactions, trumper.

It’s this type of unyielding vitriol that put Trump in office in 2016 and -could- possibly put him back in 2020.

When you attack people instead of ideas you lost. I’ve attempted to explain a few key points:

* Non liberals also buy Tesla’s
* Open borders does not come without its costs.
* Racism to poor white people is not ok.
* The world is complex and there might be reasons why some policies are just, some are unjust. Some are politically cheap, some are politically expensive regardless of correctness.

In response you have thrown every derogatory term back except for deplorable and “literally Hitler”.

I so far have seen zero retraction or condemnation of the inappropriate use and assumption of red neck when determining perpetrator of the vandalism. This from supposedly “enlightened progressives”.

Happy to be labeled scum by a regressive. And I really hope you hold the same animosity dating all the way back to when Janet Reno had Elian Gonzalez forcefully removed from his mother's arms because that is the precedent that set the stage of current events in spite of what the corporate controlled alphabets are peddling. It has been ramped up through the intervening administrations as the problem escalates with increasing numbers of illegal border crossings. In fact, detention centers were already in use during the prior admin, but it was swept under the rug by the same morally corrupt alphabets who are blasting from a megaphone today.

• Disagree
Reactions: Point 3 and MXWing
The current administration is all about America first, why not update the EV program to remain 200k for non-American built vehicles, but make it UNLIMITED for American made ones?
Because Trump is all about grudges, and don't forget that Elon Musk was on two advisory panels to Trump and left them in protest when Trump announced he was pulling the US out of the Paris Agreement.

The current administration is all about America first, why not update the EV program to remain 200k for non-American built vehicles, but make it UNLIMITED for American made ones?
Also the current conservative government is anti-science, anti-climate change, and anti-environment and therefore consider EVs to be toys for rich people. They don’t see a benefit to increasing EV adoption and thus have no reason to want to subsidize it. I’m more concerned that this bill will bring unwanted attention to the current tax credit.

Reactions: hoang51 and Point 3
Because Trump is all about grudges, and don't forget that Elon Musk was on two advisory panels to Trump and left them in protest when Trump announced he was pulling the US out of the Paris Agreement.

Even worse in Trump's eyes, Elon is both richer and more successful.

Also the current conservative government is anti-science, anti-climate change, and anti-environment and therefore consider EVs to be toys for rich people. They don’t see a benefit to increasing EV adoption and thus have no reason to want to subsidize it. I’m more concerned that this bill will bring unwanted attention to the current tax credit.

Though Trump does own a Tesla Roadster.

A bill to do something with EV incentives may not get through this Congress, but something may come through in the next couple of years as the EV crunch hits and Tesla's competition struggles to bring a mass market EV into production.

Status
Not open for further replies.