Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a customer just wants them to check air pressure, tying up resources then perhaps... if a customer with a brand new $50-70K car gets the tire pressure checked while it is already in for needed service Tesla would be idiots to charge for it.

He lives in California...you get fleeced everyday out there by your state government. Get used to it!

He lives in California...you get fleeced everyday out there by your state government. Get used to it!
I don't know what makes your state so perfect, but at least California is in the lead as far as climate change, pollution restrictions and EV mandates. If you want to call that "fleeced," that says more about you than it does about California.

Where are the Boondocks Saints when you need them.. :(

You guys in metro California need to vote out the crappy political "leadership" and fix your legal code. Until then add a tracking device...like this..

Another option would be for Tesla to install mild concussion inducing Intermodulation Distortion of Ultrasound in the cabin for break ins that would drive the prep away from the vehicle an/or a 180 db+ air raid sirens. I'm thinking about getting this for a horn....It would fit great in the frunk..

US $219.99 |MS 790 AC 110V 220V 180db Motor Driven Air Raid Siren Metal Horn Double Industry Boat Alarm-in DC Motor from Home Improvement on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

How We Reverse Engineered the Cuban “Sonic Weapon” Attack

Last edited:
I have a Blackvue DR900S-2CH connected to their separate battery pack. It records 24/7 as long as you use the car for about 15 min. a day. The reason for that is their separate battery pack, which I think is called the B-124 if I recall correctly, can hold something like a 15 hour charge after only a 15-minute charge. I use the car minimum to and from work with a 9-10 hour time in between each other and that's enough to record 24/7, front and back, in 4k.

I highly recommend Model 3 owners look into it.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Do you think a walking-meth is worried about being caught on your dash cam? Do you think the NoCal cops will do squat with your dash cam footage?

If so, hahahahahah.

Do you think a walking-meth is worried about being caught on your dash cam? Do you think the NoCal cops will do squat with your dash cam footage?

If so, hahahahahah.

My prior post stated I was a victim of a break-in via passenger window and my Dash Cam caught the whole thing, police were able to identify them and go after them. Also, Surveillance deters many criminals that aren't dumb enough to get caught.

Good idea- if someone's gonna bother to break in might as well give them a nice dashcam to steal instead of leaving empty handed!

The Dash Cam has the option to set it up for Cloud Monitoring so it's on 24/7 and recording. If they steal it, you even get video of them stealing the dash cam up until they are out of range.

Lastly, the majority of you are in Fremont/Bay Area and I get it, it's a different world out West. I'm in Miami. Things are a little different but don't think our criminals are less evil. We have face-eating zombies to look out for.

Yeah, it sucks living in a country and being marginalized by lax laws that requires half of us to pay taxes and tolerate crime. We really appreciate your generous offer to provide social equity, Canadians will love to pick up the tab... right? The buses will start dropping off in Hamilton tomorrow..:eek:
We can help you keep Hamilton nice and gritty, just the way you like it...o_O it will help you guys with property values and drive away those pesky developers from Toronto, who are buying up all the homes in Crown Point East and West, St Claire and Gibson. :rolleyes:

This is indeed a political issue. There are conservatives that don't believe in fossil fuel caused global warming that own Teslas because they are a terrific car. That's probably not the typical demographic, however. If Trump is convicted after an impeachment I can see these issues turning into physical assaults at superchargers or on the road in certain parts of the country.

This is indeed a political issue. There are conservatives that don't believe in fossil fuel caused global warming that own Teslas because they are a terrific car. That's probably not the typical demographic, however. If Trump is convicted after an impeachment I can see these issues turning into physical assaults at superchargers or on the road in certain parts of the country.
I tell Trump voters, and there are a lot around here in sourthern Ohio, that my car is powered by COAL burning power plants and there is no way I’ll drive a car that needs oil from Arab countries. I also mentioned the car and batteries were designed and assembled in America. Have done it twice now and they don’t know what to say.

No it is not a political issue. There are idiots on both sides of the spectrum (Antifa blocking roads) Just because Trump lives in your head doesn’t mean he’s at fault for every jack up who may have voted for him.

I tell Trump voters, and there are a lot around here in sourthern Ohio, that my car is powered by COAL burning power plants and there is no way I’ll drive a car that needs oil from Arab countries. I also mentioned the car and batteries were designed and assembled in America. Have done it twice now and they don’t know what to say.
I live in Ohio as well and it is funny how surprised some people are when I point out that Tesla is a US company building cars in the US.

The recent buzz about Tesla considering a purchase of Lordstown has increased the discussions I have with people. It is amusing that people who are either short selling trolls or believe the short selling trolls seem to end up all over the comments on the articles locally discussing the potential of Tesla buying Lordstown. Sigh. I had one guy say that he wouldn't buy a toy car powered by washing machine motors.

No it is not a political issue. There are idiots on both sides of the spectrum (Antifa blocking roads) Just because Trump lives in your head doesn’t mean he’s at fault for every jack up who may have voted for him.
Trump has given permission to everyone to act out without filters. It's all over the country in vastly increased workplace racism, wild high speed driving and last but not least, here on the internet.

Trump has given permission to everyone to act out without filters. It's all over the country in vastly increased workplace racism, wild high speed driving and last but not least, here on the internet.
To act as though this problem did not exist pre-Trump is absolultey ridiculous, Obama was one of this countries greatest dividers with regards to race and class and this was going on on BOTH sides long before Obama was president so please don't be so naive to think this is all new, more polarizing yes, not so new

Can you give me a link to where he said that? CNN opinion doesn’t count

Trump did not literally tell people they can act out with no filter. But, having said that, what do people do when the leader of the country does the following:
  • Intentional failure to condem racial-based violence (white supremacy) in Charlottesville, SC
  • Constant personal insults of other political figures ("Crooked Hillary", "Lyin' Ted", "Little Marco", etc.)
  • Willful disregard of factual data (e.g. popular vote totals in 2016 election)
I believe I read somewhere that a core tenet of leadership skills was setting an example. Yes, I do seem to remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.