Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...he would disagree with him 100% of the time...

Sometimes Trump has a good idea which I would agree such as tweeting:

"We will not be touching your Social Security and Medicare in Fiscal 2021 Budget."

The problem: His action to implement that idea is faulty:

"The White House proposes to cut spending by $4.4 trillion over a decade. Of that, it targets $2 trillion in savings from mandatory spending programs, including $130 billion from changes to Medicare prescription-drug pricing, $292 billion from safety-net cuts—such as work requirements for Medicaid and food stamps—and $70 billion from tightening eligibility access to disability benefits.

That Trump is proposing cuts to these programs isn’t surprising — his 2020 budget cut all three as well. It’s a long-running contradiction for the president. He often says he won’t touch these entitlement programs, but he’s continued to employ Republican Party officials who make cutting these programs center to their work."

It's like when the salesperson says do you agree to save lots of money? And if I agree and sign the contract without reading it, I might not save any money at all and it'll be the opposite!

So if I've known such a salesperson for a long time already, should I agree with him sometimes if not 100%?

Or it'll be a good idea to pick an honest salesperson and completely avoid the above person 100%?

I'm a Democrat through and through and even to me you sound ridiculous. You cannot possibly disagree with Trump 100% of the time honestly.
Well I am a Californian - and all that implies. I would not make the blanket statement that I would disagree with Trump 100% of the time - it is possible he might say something that I would agree with - presently can't think of such an occasion. However, it doesn't matter. It should be patently clear that he is the most corrupt incompetent president we have had in at least a 100 years. The only real question is will the damage he has done be irreparable.

Honestly, I'm embarrassed to be a Tesla owner reading through so many closed minded posts. No wonder adoption rates are slow when the rest of the public thinks this is how we all behave and you have to be some sort of lunatic to want a Tesla. Like it MUST make some sort of undeniable political stance to buy a certain car. My guess is the majority of Tesla owners they've come into contact with are largely represented in threads like this. Sad.
No,they only come into contact with other Dim's like themselves. That way no facts or opposing opinions are allowed to be expressed. That's what this thread is all about - bullying. Asking them to site a figure or fact is like asking the wolf to appoint a guard to the hen house. They will site fake news like the WP, and other similar outlets. We just need to vote them into oblivion. The trend is already starting in Cali and Wisconsin.

Honestly, I'm embarrassed to be a Tesla owner reading through so many closed minded posts. No wonder adoption rates are slow when the rest of the public thinks this is how we all behave and you have to be some sort of lunatic to want a Tesla. Like it MUST make some sort of undeniable political stance to buy a certain car. My guess is the majority of Tesla owners they've come into contact with are largely represented in threads like this. Sad.

It's a great car .. but just a car ... be happy

Reactions: MitchMitch
No,they only come into contact with other Dim's like themselves. That way no facts or opposing opinions are allowed to be expressed. That's what this thread is all about - bullying. Asking them to site a figure or fact is like asking the wolf to appoint a guard to the hen house. They will site fake news like the WP, and other similar outlets. We just need to vote them into oblivion. The trend is already starting in Cali and Wisconsin.

Don't care for BernieBros or MAGAts but if you think you can just call anything you don't agree with as "fake news" you are part of the problem.

Wait.

Are you saying we aren't obliged to have snarky custom license plates, explain to everyone we meet about how we're saving the planet, shame anyone that drives an ICE car, and have a portrait of AOC on our phone wallpapers?

• Love
Reactions: MitchMitch
Now you're just twisting words...

...sort of what trump does all the time :D
No I’m not. You said you’d disagree with him 100% of the time. No word twisting happening here.
no but would you disagree with the clock is broken?
I would, but that’s not the question, the question is would you disagree with the time shown on a broken clock if it were the correct time?

Wait.

Are you saying we aren't obliged to have snarky custom license plates, explain to everyone we meet about how we're saving the planet, shame anyone that drives an ICE car, and have a portrait of AOC on our phone wallpapers?

Back when they used to deliver cars in person, they actually walked you through setting the wallpaper and everything else.

Sometimes Trump has a good idea which I would agree such as tweeting:

"We will not be touching your Social Security and Medicare in Fiscal 2021 Budget."

The problem: His action to implement that idea is faulty:

"The White House proposes to cut spending by $4.4 trillion over a decade. Of that, it targets $2 trillion in savings from mandatory spending programs, including $130 billion from changes to Medicare prescription-drug pricing, $292 billion from safety-net cuts—such as work requirements for Medicaid and food stamps—and $70 billion from tightening eligibility access to disability benefits.

That Trump is proposing cuts to these programs isn’t surprising — his 2020 budget cut all three as well. It’s a long-running contradiction for the president. He often says he won’t touch these entitlement programs, but he’s continued to employ Republican Party officials who make cutting these programs center to their work."

It's like when the salesperson says do you agree to save lots of money? And if I agree and sign the contract without reading it, I might not save any money at all and it'll be the opposite!

So if I've known such a salesperson for a long time already, should I agree with him sometimes if not 100%?

Or it'll be a good idea to pick an honest salesperson and completely avoid the above person 100%?
I’m not defending trump nor advocating for him. I’m just saying that Elon is correct when he says people who disagree with others on everything simply because they don’t like that person or aren’t affiliated with the same political party are closed minded.

Reactions: VT_EE and mikes_fsd
Well I am a Californian - and all that implies. I would not make the blanket statement that I would disagree with Trump 100% of the time - it is possible he might say something that I would agree with - presently can't think of such an occasion. However, it doesn't matter. It should be patently clear that he is the most corrupt incompetent president we have had in at least a 100 years. The only real question is will the damage he has done be irreparable.

There aren't many instances, and none are directly coming to mind (outside of his support of Elon a couple of times) but there have been at least 2 to 3 times I've agreed with his positions and said as much to my conservative friends. There's a lost art of maintaining civility and most of all discourse where you can talk about what you agree with and don't agree with on issues. This mentality of blanket opposition is not productive. It's frustrating that DJT has absolutely no regard for the wishes of those outside of his base/party, but that's something we have to be better at. I miss the days when we had a POTUS who could actually nominate members of the other party for positions. I've not heard a single solitary democrat nominated for any position in our outside of his administration. We should remember what that's like and rather than repeat it petulantly, we should be better. /soapbox

Reactions: Ciaopec and msm859
No I’m not. You said you’d disagree with him 100% of the time. No word twisting happening here.

I would, but that’s not the question, the question is would you disagree with the time shown on a broken clock if it were the correct time?

I already stated I wouldn't dispute a broken clock being right twice a day. You however want to disagree with a clock that only right twice a day as broken? If so, don't think meaningful discussion is possible.

Since you are convinced the WP is all fake news, what news sources should I be using?

Status
Not open for further replies.