Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had mine for four years and they treat me as well as the day I took delivery. In fact, they all still greet me by name when I walk in. Tesla always takes great care of me.

Good for you. Your experience does not seem to be the norm. Also , first name basis with the service center is not a good thing!
How can you say that it is not the norm, unless you've visited all service centers across the nation? My experience is absolutely the norm for everyone in Arizona. Tempe and Scottsdale are first rate. I can only speak to my experience. Tesla service is second to none.

Reactions: davidc18 and GaryW
Let's be real. At least for me, I was so excited to be getting a Tesla. You hype it up. You tell everyone about it, about how great it is. Then, come delivery time, you can't even get your car. That'd be embarrassing.

I was at the service center a few months ago for something minor, can't recall what, and got to chatting with another guy. He had come to the SC directly from Boston's Logan airport, because his air conditioning was not working on his brand new Model X. He had taken delivery of the car just the day before. On this day, he was picking up a close friend who had just flown in from the Far East, China or Hong Kong possibly, and who had never been on a Tesla before. They were supposed to travel from there to the owner's home and then on to do local sightseeing. But his AC was kaput, making his car unsuitable for touring around in the hot summer weather. He and his wife and friend seemed to be taking the situation calmly, but I think he was indeed a bit embarrassed that his pricey new car was not working correctly after one day. I felt bad for him. I hope at least they gave him a nice loaner while the SC fixed his car!

It's an amazing vehicle, but come on, people are paying $70-140k and this is the service we get?
Its hard not to agree with that on a gut level, but what an entitled elitist response. It shouldn't matter how much you paid. If it was a $15,000 honda you should still expect defects to be addressed and customer service to be appropriate. The amount we pay is for the vehicle and we shouldn't expect better service just because we have more money than others.

I say this as a hypocrite, because I made this exact argument this morning in a frustrated email to Tesla over a problem I'm having. But I felt ashamed after sending.

Reactions: ishareit and GaryW
Its hard not to agree with that on a gut level, but what an entitled elitist response. It shouldn't matter how much you paid. If it was a $15,000 honda you should still expect defects to be addressed and customer service to be appropriate. The amount we pay is for the vehicle and we shouldn't expect better service just because we have more money than others.

I say this as a hypocrite, because I made this exact argument this morning in a frustrated email to Tesla over a problem I'm having. But I felt ashamed after sending.

I wrote up a long response but decided to delete it. Suffice it to say, I'm FAR from an entitled elitist. I expect more from a company whose goal is 30% gross margins -- something needs to justify that.

• Love
Reactions: davidc18

Of course we should have massively higher expectations when paying this much money for a car. Every vehicle should go through a white glove final QC process before being handed over to a customer. There should not be one blemish on the car, not a single thing that a customer can point to with concern. When most people spend more money on a car, they expect quality and attention to detail to be among the improvements for the higher price paid.

The only reason Tesla enjoys the leeway that it gets from its customers is simple: There is no competition, yet. But just wait. When the competition does arrive in the next couple of years, Tesla will be in a world of hurt if it continues doing business as it currently does.

There is something fundamentally broken at Tesla when folks are getting the wrong headlights with their cars, as some are now reporting. You might expect that in a Yugo, but a Tesla?

How can you say that it is not the norm, unless you've visited all service centers across the nation? My experience is absolutely the norm for everyone in Arizona. Tempe and Scottsdale are first rate. I can only speak to my experience. Tesla service is second to none.

Read what I wrote. "does not seem to be the norm" I am basing what I wrote on the experiences I have had and what i'm reading here and other forums.

As others have already indicated, this is a different class of vehicle. One does not expect to have a brand new $90K+/- car, only to be embarrassed by there being mechanical or electrical issues immediately after making the purchase.

While mine isn't as bad as others, I've been let down a few times trying to show others features about my Tesla (Autopark; auto lane change; summon; etc.).

I can only imagine the uproar that will come from the M3 owners if there are problems in masses immediately after delivery...

can only imagine the uproar that will come from the M3 owners if there are problems in masses immediately after delivery...

This is only one example, but:

They’ve also reported many strange different noises. Some clunking sounds are reported, but was remedied by the dealer under warranty by replacing some wheel bearings. Also, they have been hearing a strange screeching sound when turning left at lower speeds, something neither they nor the dealer can figure out. Another thing reported is the exhaust noise at startup which was said to sound like the muffler doing ” its best impersonation of a garbage disposal filled with rocks”.

These are not the hallmarks of a $70,000 car from one of the world’s greatest car manufacturers. We all know that high-performance cars come with their little quirks and compromises, but this makes the BMW M3 sound downright unreliable. Maybe it’s all just journalistic hyperbole (we are known for such things) or maybe they just got a lemon. But either way, this doesn’t sound like the kind of everyday performance car that the BMW M3 has always been.

Car and Driver finds issues with its BMW M3

Funny. I actually own an F80 M3, and have spent considerable amount of time on their forums. I will tell you right now, that the F80 is as problem free and reliable as they come. I have yet to hear of one owner who took delivery and had to take it back right away. A lot of owners do Euro delivery as well, and enjoy the car right away on the autobahn.

I've had lots of problems with mine also right out of the gate I would get constant startup failures. 2 weeks ago it was in service for like 10 days to correct startup issues and wind noise issues. A week later I start it up and it tells me Traction Control Disabled - Contact Tesla Service. So for me seeing constant issues seems to be the norm.

Guilty of this as well but I did it with my Lexus and not Tesla. I believe I said something like..."if I wanted to be treated like a Kia owner I would have bought a Kia". Totally elitist, obnoxious and rude. I goofed...live and learn.

In addition, the steering vibrates

I missed it if somebody already responded to this part, so please excuse...

But, when I picked up my 2015 it had the lane departure feature my old 2013 didn't have, and I thought something was wrong with the steering - felt the vibration. But then realized what it was. Hope this is what you were feeling.

Good luck. If this is your first S, you really are in for a treat...

I've had lots of problems with mine also right out of the gate I would get constant startup failures. 2 weeks ago it was in service for like 10 days to correct startup issues and wind noise issues. A week later I start it up and it tells me Traction Control Disabled - Contact Tesla Service. So for me seeing constant issues seems to be the norm.
Sorry you've had issues - I have as well. However, I was referencing the quality of service experience not the quality of the vehicle. :)

Yeesh...is Tesla a religion now? You gonna start praying and building temples next at this rate.

Tell it like it is, folks just want to justify anything Tesla does and shy away from criticism, if it sucks it sucks, if its good its good.

The car looks great, drives great, doesn't make anyone "love" quality issues or enjoy not having a 100k car on day one cos the damn trunk won't close.

"Love the faults of Tesla cars..." seriously?
I love what the faults represent.
They represent a young company on the bleeding edge, on a tightrope of growth and profitability, with the founders risking everything on a long shot for something they believed in.
Tesla has disrupted a trillion dollar industry, I think we should forgive the occasional panel gap.

• Funny
Reactions: davidc18
Status
Not open for further replies.