Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that is the "Party of NO" talking point. Too bad it is not true since the tax rate for the lowest wage earners goes from 10% to 12% and a lot of standard deductions are eliminated. SAD!

And the standard deduction is doubled. FAR more valuable than that 2%. But I understand liberals like to pick and choose the things they look at and ignore the big picture.

• Disagree
Reactions: neroden and SSedan
Very much on topic as Trump's behavior and actions might "F" up the entire world. I highly suggest you listen to this 20 minutes interview with Yale psychiatrist of the reasons for an emergency assessment of Trump in light of nuclear war.
Must listen: November 30 - An Urgent Call for Intervention as Trump Loses Touch with Reality; Musical Chairs in the Trump Cabinet; Having Bought the US Government, the Koch Brothers Will Now Be Able to Deduct it as an Expense | Background Briefing with Ian Masters

Dr. Bandy Lee, a forensic psychiatrist on the faculty of the Yale School of Medicine who was the lead organizer of the Duty to Warn conference at Yale University out of which the best-selling book “The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President”, which Dr. Lee edited, emerged, joins us. We discuss growing evidence that Trump is losing touch with reality and how his marked signs of volatility and attraction to violence could lead to a nuclear war with North Korea, and her call for an urgent psychiatric evaluation of the president by an independent panel of experts before he reaches for the nuclear button.

Very much on topic as Trump's behavior and actions might "F" up the entire world. I highly suggest you listen to this 20 minutes interview with Yale psychiatrist of the reasons for an emergency assessment of Trump in light of nuclear war.
Must listen: November 30 - An Urgent Call for Intervention as Trump Loses Touch with Reality; Musical Chairs in the Trump Cabinet; Having Bought the US Government, the Koch Brothers Will Now Be Able to Deduct it as an Expense | Background Briefing with Ian Masters

Dr. Bandy Lee, a forensic psychiatrist on the faculty of the Yale School of Medicine who was the lead organizer of the Duty to Warn conference at Yale University out of which the best-selling book “The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President”, which Dr. Lee edited, emerged, joins us. We discuss growing evidence that Trump is losing touch with reality and how his marked signs of volatility and attraction to violence could lead to a nuclear war with North Korea, and her call for an urgent psychiatric evaluation of the president by an independent panel of experts before he reaches for the nuclear button.

Unfortunately, we have a broken political system because the Constitution is defective.

A majority of the Cabinet could get Trump removed for failure to perform his duties (25th amendment), but the Cabinet -- despite nearly all hating Trump and thinking he's an idiot -- are a bunch of idiots themselves and also cowards, so they won't do it.

The Congress could of course impeach Trump for his apparent dementia and ranting -- that's what the first successful impeachment of a judge, Pickering, was for -- but Congress is full of some very stupid people who think "allying with the President" is more important than *survival of the country*, and although impeachment would easily get a majority in the Senate, Madison stupidly made it require a *2/3* vote.

In some countries there is a procedure for state governors to initiate the removal of a federal head of government. If we had such a procedure, I'm pretty sure Trump would be gone already. But we don't.

Trump's erratic behavior means that both Republicans and Democrats should strongly prefer Pence. But too many Republicans in the Cabinet and the Senate don't seem to be able to think beyond tomorrow morning.

So, the reassuring thing: I don't think Trump has any real supporters in the government at all. All the leaks from the Cabinet describe it as a "day care center" for a single toddler. We already have seen that Trump is quite incapable of implementing policy because he doesn't fill staff positions and those staff who are in place push back against anything he tries to do.

So we wouldn't have to worry too much about Trump causing WWIII *if the military knows that its duty is to the country and Constitution and not to Trump*. Unfortunately, I am not at all sure that the military leaders realize this. However, it is a good sign that the defense secretary is disgusted by Trump.

Last edited:
Looks like it. Another shameful chapter for the Trump administration. A favor from mr president to his friends in ice-land.

Trump is not a Senator. You are thinking the Senator from Arkansas, Hillary Clinton. New York annexed Arkansas for $400 Million paid to the Clip-them Foundation. Errr... Clinton Foundation? It is a charity that works hard to keep millionaires from starving.

• Disagree
Reactions: webbbcam
Regardless of the survival of the 7500 tax credit, overnight l am 12000 a year poorer because of the new tax code. First thing Monday I will be switching parties to be a democrat and will be looking for a new job that pays at least 16000 a year so I can have the same disposable income as before. This way my hard earned money and the taxes I pay can increase the trillions of dollars in cash that big corporation have don’t know what to do with.
At this point, I’m not sure if I’ll be buying a new car. I will just drive my paid off old Lexus and pollute the air-complements of the Republican Party.
This is a sad day for america (at least for me!).

Wow.

You know what.... enough. We are small business owners and this is the first real tax relief that small business owners have seen in decades. This is far from a corporate hand out but go ahead and stick your head in the sand... better yet, whine about living in a state with sky high cost of living and how somehow that cost needs to be tax deductible. Not my problem or anyone else's.

Go ahead and join the party whose philosophy is that the government starts from a position of taxing you 100% and decides what you get to keep. NO THANKS.

It's disappointing that the EV credit is going away. It was questionable what portion of it myself or 90% of reservation holders were going to get. Tesla have repeatedly said they don't need the tax credit to sell their cars.

I've seen non stop hysterical whining from all corners about the elimination of a tax credit, that, until very recently, primarily benefited the very wealthy purchasing $80K-$120K Tesla cars.

By comparison I've seen ZERO whining or hand wringing about the elimination of the child adoption credit... something that actually helps real living human beings.

Wow.

You know what.... enough. We are small business owners and this is the first real tax relief that small business owners have seen in decades. This is far from a corporate hand out but go ahead and stick your head in the sand... better yet, whine about living in a state with sky high cost of living and how somehow that cost needs to be tax deductible. Not my problem or anyone else's.

Go ahead and join the party whose philosophy is that the government starts from a position of taxing you 100% and decides what you get to keep. NO THANKS.

It's disappointing that the EV credit is going away. It was questionable what portion of it myself or 90% of reservation holders were going to get. Tesla have repeatedly said they don't need the tax credit to sell their cars.

I've seen non stop hysterical whining from all corners about the elimination of a tax credit, that, until very recently, primarily benefited the very wealthy purchasing $80K-$120K Tesla cars.

By comparison I've seen ZERO whining or hand wringing about the elimination of the child adoption credit... something that actually helps real living human beings.
And support the party that believes government is worthless and is dedicated to proving the point?

Robin

I always find it funny how people support a party that trumpets the ‘free market’, yet typically have zero idea what the concept of ‘free market’ is and how it isn’t even remotely close to existing in reality - the stock market is arguably the closest, but is still a mile off.
Economics as a field struggles, so as to conveniently exclude, the concept of externalities & the tragedy of the commons.
Ahh, bugger. I have to explain these too.
F*ck it. Educate yourselves.
Oops my bad. Now you’re going to end up with cognitive dissonance if you educate yourselves.
Double bugger. Why did I bother bringing in reality? Just makes things complex.......

"People can be divided into two groups: those who divide people into groups, and those who don't".

We are actually a deeply divided country right now. You can't deny that fact. We have minority groups that are sick of being beaten up and shot. We have white people that are scared of losing their privileged status. We have business men trying to institutionalize their greed into government positions and tax code. We have people hell-bent on denying basic observable environmental science; and those trying to save it. We have religious people trying to turn the clock back to the 1950s. We have people that think Trump is not a moron.

It's hard to not be divided when one side won't recognize your basic civil rights.

How do I not group people when the Republican Party is just a big money grab for the 1%? They don't even try to hide it.

Agreed, you can't deny the facts. Check out the facts on violent crime rates, unplanned pregnancies, single parent households, etc. and then get back to me. Life isn't always fair and the road to success is more difficult for some than others, but in this country if you work hard, make good decisions, stay out of trouble, and take responsibility for your actions, you will be just fine.

What is sad is that you have absolutely nothing to support that argument. Show me the data of how that statement has become less true. I will save you the trouble... there isn't any. Meanwhile, there is a ton of data that reinforces my point as to why people end up where they do. Stop with the excuses and looking for others to solve your problems.

Reactions: McHoffa
A reminder to some here that the federal EV tax credit originated in bills promoted by and signed by a Republican President with bipartisan support. There are many Republican Tesla owners and forum members including many Trump supporters. Trying to turn Tesla into a Democrat vs Republican issue hurts Tesla and hurts the forum. Elon describes himself as a fiscal conservative.

Anyone have any M3 configuring news?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.