Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Short of subsidies for coal powered cars, what would you imagine that to be?

Replacing the 200k per OEM, with 2 million total and then a similar phase out as exists today. No extra cost, more competition over incentives. Sounds like a plan Republicans would like.

A lot more than 10 years of unlimited tax credits, a maximum voting age and the renaming of the GOP in Grand Old Looser Party.

• Love
Reactions: jsmay311
< snark >

Postponing the phase-out of tax credit subsidies to avoid penalizing the two American EV producers does seem like an unlikely strategy for the current administration. More likely:

- Impose 50% tariffs on imported EVs (leading to retaliation by the EU, Japan, and Korea, and offshore manufacturing plant by Tesla)
- Drop all federal fuel economy standards; put in place maximum MPG limits
- Launch public-private partnership program to develop clean-coal powered cars and trucks
- Pursue Twitter campaign denouncing "failing company Tesla" and "very low-IQ individual Elon Musk"
- Announce approval of importation agreement for Russian passenger vehicles

</snark>

• Funny
Reactions: dsvick
< snark >

Postponing the phase-out of tax credit subsidies to avoid penalizing the two American EV producers does seem like an unlikely strategy for the current administration. More likely:

- Impose 50% tariffs on imported EVs (leading to retaliation by the EU, Japan, and Korea, and offshore manufacturing plant by Tesla)
- Launch public-private partnership program to develop clean-coal powered cars and trucks
- Pursue Twitter campaign denouncing "failing company Tesla" and "very low-IQ individual Elon Musk"

</snark>
LADAs for everyone, comrade! ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Spudford
< snark >

</snark>
Despite the snark tags, I see all of these scenarios as more likely than the new EV bill passing.

LADAs for everyone, comrade! ;)

Lada_Riva_1981.jpg

Last edited:
Even if coal is partially or fully powering a particular grid it's still a matter of economies of scale and those central sources. Any change to a single power source instantly effects ALL EVs in the area. Whether that's reducing the emissions through more efficient systems, carbon sequestration or preferably changing to solar/wind/nuclear/etc. Making a single ICE more fuel-efficient doesn't automatically affect all other ICEs on the road in that area. It's somewhat moot anyway, coal is absolutely going away. It's kind of a done deal given the alternatives that are now cheaper.

why are there so many people who hate people who want fobs like people who hate donald trump? please take time to actually listen and do not dismiss their concerns as if "they're doing it wrong". just because it works perfectly for you doesn't mean it doesn't for others, and it is not always because they're incompetent.

the fanboyism and trolls here, wow...

See the latest trick Tesla is pulling? They doubled the price of Pearl White or Multi Coat Red paint to $2000 instead of $1000. And the other colors aside from basic ugly black are now $1500 instead of $1000.

Someone tell me how this can be justified, how this is anything other then a greedy company putting profits ahead of giving its customers a fair deal.

Tesla is doing this same price trick across the S, X, and 3 lines. I guess they figure they can pull in lots of extra money this way, and anyone who doesn't like basic black pays for their GREED.

Telsa is owned by a IMMIGRANT! Now he's RIPPING OFF the American public!! SAD!

:)

Funny:)

The real ripoff is the $116B in the annual national cost of illegal immigration . He's legal and I will keep giving him my money!

Just think the EV rebate could be like $232,000 per car on they 500,000 pre ordered model 3's, which would buy them solar roofs, battery backup etc for 500,000 buyers annually. o_O

Or they could give 100% rebates on ~2,500,000 model 3's annually! :D

The Cost of Illegal Immigration to US Taxpayers | FAIR

Total Economic Impact of Illegal Immigration
economic-impact-illegal-immigrants_1.jpg

Is there not a federal law where a automobile manufacture needs to continue making parts available for something like 10years?
That would be Big Government Interference in our lives.

People should be able to stand on their own two feet, whether they have only one foot, are mentally ill, or have a terminal disease. Come to think of it, stop signs and traffic lights are Big Government Interference. And why should schools be responsible for driver's ed? Why should schools be funded by taxes anyway? Close all the libraries and stop using taxes to maintain roads, sewers, water, and parks. If somebody wants fire or ambulance service they should pay as you go. Why should I pay for these if I don't need them? This is why I voted for Trump and I don't understand what's taking him so long.

That would be Big Government Interference in our lives.

People should be able to stand on their own two feet, whether they have only one foot, are mentally ill, or have a terminal disease. Come to think of it, stop signs and traffic lights are Big Government Interference. And why should schools be responsible for driver's ed? Why should schools be funded by taxes anyway? Close all the libraries and stop using taxes to maintain roads, sewers, water, and parks. If somebody wants fire or ambulance service they should pay as you go. Why should I pay for these if I don't need them? This is why I voted for Trump and I don't understand what's taking him so long.
I hope this is satire

Reactions: cablue and ks808
Jeez... give me a break. Cherry pick some metric to try to spin it a certain way much?

I live in California Junior (it used to be called Colorado, then all the Californians moved here). We have a Democratic house and Democratic governor and we are operating under a "one store" policy for Tesla sales.

Who are you going to blame here?

The Republican senate that blocks anything that's not purely corrupt.

Give me a break and keep the partisan bs out of this thread.

As a former lifelong Republican I can no longer "keep the partisan bs" out of anything. The Republican Party is a sugarshow of corrupt, power hungry, win at all cost, greedy slimeballs. If/when they start acting like responsible adults again I'll "keep the partisan bs out."

Status
Not open for further replies.