Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tam Ask our cult leader if he believes in government waste and fraud. Sacramento stole 710m of our supposedly dedicated road repair money and put it in the general fund. Now they want us to put it back for them and kick in 3B of which only 445m will be used for road repairs. I don't need higher registration fees, plus a $100 EV fee, to pay for education for convicted felons. parks and rec, rail, and pay back what they stole from us. It's just more taxes, and if this was private business it would be called embezzlement. Here is how they plan to waste the money according to the Thief in chief.
Gas tax budget chart.JPG

Tam Ask our cult leader if he believes in government waste and fraud. Sacramento stole 710m of our supposedly dedicated road repair money and put it in the general fund. Now they want us to put it back for them and kick in 3B of which only 445m will be used for road repairs. I don't need higher registration fees, plus a $100 EV fee, to pay for education for convicted felons. parks and rec, rail, and pay back what they stole from us. It's just more taxes, and if this was private business it would be called embezzlement. Here is how they plan to waste the money according to the Thief in chief. View attachment 343754

Then stop electing them and elect smarter people.

ho lee crap you guys pay some huge registration fees; mine is dirt cheap but admittedly should be paying more due to the no gas tax thing; then again someone above pointed out that by using home charging we are paying more for hydro delivery fees .. hmm will need to run the math on that .....

I wonder what's cheaper... tossing a brand new block 5 or reusing a FH.
Well, considering how difficult it was for SpaceX to even be allowed to BID on AirForce launches - remember SpaceX sued and they even held Congressional hearings - I found it interesting comparing ULA and Musk.

So if I remember correctly, SpaceX needed to get "certified by USAF" and the additional red tape and so SpaceX just about double the cost to launch to $130 million from the ~$65 million. Now, having experienced just how government works we can easily imagine that since Falcon was not yet landing boosters - landing boosters won't be certified yet. Right??

AND perhaps USAF really doesn't want rockets coming into the Air Base?? is SLC-40 considered USAF/national security? Well, we won't want to risk the USAF thinking the returning booster was an incoming N.Korean/Iran/Russia/China ICBM. USAF might jump at the chance to try out a couple of the ~20,000 missiles they have on standby. Any idea how long they've trained?

warning: I have no idea what I just wrote about, except the suing USAF and the Congressional hearing I watched and my limited experience of the past 60 years of endless and ongoing military conflicts in too many countries for me to remember. (only about 8 currently?).
:mad: = my reluctant mentor Mr. Bolton who keeps the flames going so our Military Industrial Complex stay busy and doesn't go broke.

side note: a little history you should know and teach your kids too
What Trump and John Bolton Don’t Understand About Nuclear War

PS- But what we can be sure of is that if people like Trump and Bolton had been in charge in 1962, then today there would be no discussion of the INF treaty — because there would be no treaty and no one to discuss it. It’s also certain that on our current trajectory, the day will come when the world will face a similar crisis. That time we won’t get the same roll of the dice. The hard reality of the Cuban missile crisis is that, as Blight and Lang put it, “either we put an end to nuclear weapons, or they will put an end to us.”
The hard reality of the Cuban missile crisis is that, as Blight and Lang put it, “either we put an end to nuclear weapons, or they will put an end to us.”

Do you remember that one weapon we humans developed and never used? me either.
Oh, yeah, we did drop two different ones on Japan, just to see which design worked better. Today these bombs are even better.

Last edited:
Maybe folks shouldn't vote for officials who are so lax on crime. Interesting workarounds, but clearly far, far away from root cause and appropriate corrective action. An extra alarm and even locking mechanism isn't going to stop getting your windows smashed by someone who is not thinking clearly when they know there is no punishment for their actions.....

I'm actually very surprised by all the Californian's who appear to be bothered by this (not one in support message yet). I incorrectly assumed most were accepting of this behavior and that is why they voted for the people in charge of these decisions. It seems odd that politicians would do something that a seemingly majority of people do not approve of and expect to stay in their position. It's probably more complicated. This is a serious comment.

I'm actually very surprised by all the Californian's who appear to be bothered by this (not one in support message yet). I incorrectly assumed most were accepting of this behavior and that is why they voted for the people in charge of these decisions. It seems odd that politicians would do something that a seemingly majority of people do not approve of and expect to stay in their position. It's probably more complicated. This is a serious comment.
People didn't vote for the propositions because they were "accepting" of crime, but because they were promised that it would save a lot of money by substantially reducing the prison population (and apparently it does, to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars).

People didn't vote for the propositions because they were "accepting" of crime, but because they were promised that it would save a lot of money by substantially reducing the prison population (and apparently it does, to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars).
If that's the case, then the old adage "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch" seems to apply here.

Reactions: voip-ninja
Not enough people here with common sense to vote out the "offenders"

prop 47 and 57 were approved by the voters, so your rant (and others) about politicians doesn't make any sense.

This forum is for discussion about Tesla cars. Neither theories of crime and punishment nor politics are appropriate topics here, unless perhaps they are specifically relevant to Tesla. Critics of California putting an end to the "fill up the jails for the benefit of the prison-industrial complex" policy should look to other forums to discuss their policy ideas.

Newsflash: You are free to move to any of the red states ... nothing stopping you
All the other blue states in the Union, of which there are many, don't have such inane laws as California.

I would say come to Washington because everywhere I go I'm surrounded by transplants, but I left California 15 years ago now so I still reserve the right to be smug that I thought of coming here first. ;)

This forum is for discussion about Tesla cars. Neither theories of crime and punishment nor politics are appropriate topics here, unless perhaps they are specifically relevant to Tesla. Critics of California putting an end to the "fill up the jails for the benefit of the prison-industrial complex" policy should look to other forums to discuss their policy ideas.
Will you still have this attitude after your car is the subject of one of these break-ins? Please update us in the future if and when it happens to you. Good luck out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.