Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The vote should have been “Anti-Trump” or “Pro-Trump” instead of political parties, which seem to have changed significantly since 2016.

You hit the nail on the head. He is his own party.

Funny someone recently did an iOS vs Android poll and it looks a lot like this poll.

Bet ya iOS, Tesla and Anti-Trump correlate.

I used to be independent, but current politics pushed me to choose, so I choose democratic.

The stuff Trump has done against the environment and promote indecency and violence is a crime.

He cost me my job due to China Tariff wars. Company I interviewed just yesterday is just getting back on it’s feet due to Tariffs. Very strong medical product. But they had to lay off half the company when Tariff wars started. How did they fix it? They moved their manufacturing outside the USA. Nice job Donald.

What makes me sick is a lot people will automatically vote republican for pro-life. I am pro woman’s right to choose what happens in her body (within reason). Totally respect pro life argument. But Trump pro-life. Huh. Also what gets me is many pro-life folks are against any kind of birth control or helping the poor get it. Unbelievable.

The question posted does not include an acceptable response. :D

Bought a Tesla for environmental reasons? LOL Nope! I’m a car nut and I knew back when racing RC cars that electrics were more fun than gas. Full size EVs were always geared towards efficiency and not towards fun. Tesla changed that and that’s why I bought one.

If a person really wants to minimize environmental impact, then (short of getting rid of all personal automobiles for transportation) get a used, compact, high efficient used car like a Fiesta!

Oh wait...I did that too. :confused::p:D

Why does everything have to be political ? Frankly I'm sick of it, I own a Tesla because it's the best car for my needs- not because of my political leanings. I'm Pro USA and from my point of view Tesla is about as USA as you can get-

OP isn’t trying to make it political. He didn’t even correlate it himself until his wife said something. He has a pretty sharp wife !! I never thought about it. He was curious and decided to check it out.

I lean more Independent / Green Party, I think I have been registered independent for awhile now. Unfortunately in the USA it doesn’t matter because we are stuck with a two party system, neither of which are heading in a direction I want to go - and most of them bought and sold for. At minimum we should move to a 4 party system: Fiscally conservative (i.e. what Republican Party used to be), Centrist (current Democratic Party), Progressive (extreme ‘left’) and Right-wing nutjobs party.

—-

”Are Tesla owners predominantly Democrats”

Guessing the answer is no, that political officiation doesn’t mean much in Canada, UK, Europe, Asia, Australia, etc...

Lots of things cause loss of range, such as driving with air conditioning, or with windows down (not as aerodynamic), or taking hubcaps off, or driving with tires not at optimal pressure. But those are things that can be cured by undoing those things. Not permanent.

As for permanent battery degradation...I think it means more to some, and less to others. 3% of 317 mile range means 310 miles instead. I don’t know how many years it would take to degrade to that number, either. It’s a personal opinion/choice.

For me, I don’t really think about it, ever. When I charge...I charge to 90%. But I’m working from home, so I only charge once a week. I just don’t have anywhere to drive for now. I live in California, where we are under a dictatorship currently, so nowhere to go, really.

Because releasing to them isn't about sharing their experiences with the general public! It's about them testing the software on a slightly larger subset of vehicles and drivers. You can't go super fast releasing this tech...it isn't like releasing Priority Bluetooth in that if it fails, who cares? If it fails, it fails super bad and people possibly die. You have to roll it out at speeds similar to how we're doing COVID vaccine testing.
Poor analogy... COVID vaccines are being developed at record pace... Just not as quickly as the Big Orange Clown would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.