Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Anti-Fascism, looking up fascism in the dictionary (authoritarianism, totalitarianism, dictatorship, despotism, autocracy, absolute rule, Nazism).

Seems bad, Antifa sounds like a noble, pro-American cause. I'm for it.

Bet Germany is thinking they need a little more of that with all these neo-nazi groups springing up there.

I stood on the front porch of my friends bar/restaurant for three nights this summer with a long gun along with other business owners and friends while undefended establishments were looted and burned. You may want to climb down out of that ivory tower atop whatever bubble you live in and get "woke."

I'd bet that a surge in COVID-19 cases within the Fremont facility has forced Tesla to pull many of the delivery estimates.

Not only is the disease spreading faster and wider than ever before but Tesla has consistently been one of California's strongest opponents of workplace safety with Elon Musk repeatedly threatening to move the Fremont factory to another state if CA doesn't loosen their pandemic response rules for him, stating that the "facist" legislators are violating his "constitutional rights" with their efforts to contain the outbreak.
Elon Musk rails against stay-at-home orders while tweeting debunked and controversial coronavirus claims - CNN

He even sued the government and ordered the Fremont facility to resume operations in defiance of local laws.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1259945593805221891
Elon Musk is sending Tesla employees back to work in defiance of a California lockdown. His view of the coronavirus pandemic is dangerously misguided.

Like most companies, Tesla does not publicly disclose worker infection rates nor do they report any data to the state despite the fact that they operate under special state permissions as an "essential business", but back in June an internal leak revealed over 130 cases, mostly in Fremont. The 24/7 operation is particularly dangerous as workstations are re-staffed 3 times/day with no time for the virus to settle/degrade.
Coronavirus: More than 130 positive tests at Tesla factory, report claims

Musk has parroted the President's ALL-CAPS calls for Americans to buck the lockdown and "liberate" their communities.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1255380013488189440?s=20

Musk, not Trump, is credited as the major initial driving force behind the hydroxychloroquine campaign that directly caused multiple deaths and indirectly caused untold thousands of deaths by misleading governments and citizens throughout the world.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1239650597906898947

Even when Musk, unsurprisingly, caught COVID himself, he publicly criticized the medical science community, the legitimacy of testing, and even the reality of the situation. Claiming that the tests do little more than falsely create the appearance of a pandemic.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1277507826529660928?lang=en

So while Tesla's lofty sales/production goals this quarter will help to shorten customer wait times, the company ideology is sure to add turbulence to these very turbulent times.

Reactions: inspace2020
I feld the same yesterday. I was driving with my son. Car was cold, ambient around 10C. We both felt a beefier oomph at the launch. Doesn’t matter if it isnt showing in the 0-60 time. The first kick is the best and sets it apart from a standard LR.

you know who else doesn't believe in computer monitored metrics?

Donald_Trump_smirk.5824e179cfaf6.png

They won't make that level of effort. SF is open season for property crime, they don't enforce the laws or try and keep these scumbags off the street. If you want your property protected, you've gotta do it yourself.

The rest of the bay area is hit or miss. Mostly miss.

If you live in crazy town, basically you just need to start breaking into other people's cars to balance things out. At least, that's in effect what the crazy politicians you voted into office are telling you in a round about way. So go get yours today since there's no repercussions at all! Who knew that getting to utopia meant removing any consequences for being a jackass. Just don't move to Texas, please.

My understanding is, in San Fransisco such predations on citizens and their property are not prosecuted by the district attorney's office.

Welcome to the new world.

Rich
If the perps committed this crime in San Francisco & were caught, SF’s District Attorney Chesa Bodin will set them free. He and his staff have been keeping their word on not prosecuting robberies, assaults, burglaries or other dangerous crimes unless victims are murdered. Only then will he look at the case. And yes, I did not say prosecute. True story. Sad.
I hope this Tesla owner’s local authorities catch & prosecute the perps.

Reactions: DanCar and TLLMRRJ
If the perps committed this crime in San Francisco & were caught, SF’s District Attorney Chesa Bodin will set them free. He and his staff have been keeping their words on not prosecuting robberies, assaults, burglaries or other dangerous crimes unless victims are murdered. Only then will he look at the case. And yes, I did not say prosecute. True story. Sad.
I hope this Tesla owner’s local authorities catch & prosecute the perps.

I wonder how long until the vacation tour companies make a special "Grab all you can in San Francisco" vacation package. They could arrange air and ground travel to best locations for breaking into SF cars, give you a commemorative glass breaking tool, and you can pay for the trip with portions of your winnings. Would be great if they added Chesa Bodin's residence as a prime stopping point.

• Disagree
Reactions: db93
Now I will probably get flamed for suggesting this...but you could set up a flame thrower. You will need to invest in a gas tank, and I know the lack of one is precisely why we drive an electric car, but gasoline will yield the surge in BTUs needed far better than a resistance heater.

I wonder how long until the vacation tour companies make a special "Grab all you can in San Francisco" vacation package. They could arrange air and ground travel to best locations for breaking into SF cars, give you a commemorative glass breaking tool, and you can pay for the trip with portions of your winnings. Would be great if they added Chesa Bodin's residence as a prime stopping point.
Hmm, by that you mean kinda like a “vacation consignment plan / offer?”

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Status
Not open for further replies.