Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon response on Twitter:
“A lot of people are going to be super unhappy with West Coast high tech as the de facto arbiter of free speech”

Was responding to a satirical post, captioned:
“Evil Fascist Dictator Censored And Voted Out Of Office”
Then again, Elon, with 5 people dead there are plenty more unhappy that there wasn’t an arbiter sooner

Where was the Arbiter over the summer as numerous cities burned? And what, 50 dead in Chicago every weekend?

False equivalence

The 50 dead every weekend is a false equivalence but the 25+ dead in the 500 riots this summer is not.
I also question the 5 dead since only 2 seem to be connected to the violence.

I think they need to charge everyone involved in political violence but let's do it in chronological order. Otherwise what is happening is selective enforcement for political gain, which is not how the system here should work.

I suspect those who want to dismiss what happened this summer are grossly underinformed. Probably still believe " hands up don't shoot" as well as all the other lies told fast as possible to spark the riots, and don't realize the White House was assaulted just a few months ago as were court houses and police precincts burned.

Then again, Elon, with 5 people dead there are plenty more unhappy that there wasn’t an arbiter sooner

Pales in comparison to the death and destruction from the BLM riots.

The Black Lives Matter protests had no intention of being destructive,” citing a study that determined that “93% of the 7,750 demonstrations . . . were peaceful.” In other words, 7 percent—some 543 demonstrations—were not peaceful.

Because the report, by the Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project, examined an 89-day period from May 26 to August 22, 2020, that works out to an average of more than six violent events per day during last summer’s mostly peaceful BLM demonstrations. It appears that the property damage from these austere, placid gatherings totaled between $1 billion and $2 billion, and that some two dozen people were killed amid the prevailing tranquility.

I think we can (almost) all agree that tweets calling for assault or arson should result in getting banned no matter what.

However it is not surprising that things get orders of magnitude more serious when there is a larger, targeted and continued effort in the direction of overthrowing an election and seriously threatening congress and vice president including with murder.

I think we can (almost) all agree that tweets calling for assault or arson should result in getting banned no matter what.

However it is not surprising that things get orders of magnitude more serious when there is a larger, targeted and continued effort in the direction of overthrowing an election and seriously threatening congress and vice president including with murder.

You have to actively dodge information to think rules are being applied equally.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaldronPool/status/1300244705649676289

Look at the calls to put wednesdays protesters on no-fly lists and such absent proof of direct acts of violence by thise individuals even, they want anyone present destroyed.

By comparison.
BLM Rioter Charged With Arson After Using Quick-Seal Cement To Lock Police Inside Building

Arson seems a gross undercharging when someone is is involved in cementing doors shut and then attempting to burn people alive inside.

The media is pushing a narrative not reporting what happens.

What happened in Seattle is wrong as was the assault on the White House and the Capitol.
Look how the assault on the White House is framed though. Also coming to light the Capitol police kept asking for more help and were denied on political grounds, didn't want to look heavy handed after Trump and Barr were savaged for clearing out the White House assault.
George Floyd: protesters clash with Secret Service as unrest comes to the White House

I am not justifying any political violence, but I will say if you are apaulled by last week and not by summer you are either willfully ignorant or a political opportunist.

The summer's protests killed between 25-47 people depending on if the source is left or right, with the supposed justification of being spawned but police killings of "unarmed black men" there were 13 such cases in 2019........ So the riots are literally worse than the complaint.
This ignores that George Floyd died of a fentanyl overdose, and that is backed up not just by the toxicology report but by him on video saying "I can't breathe" before.police touched him. Respatory arrest is a common cause of death with opioid overdose.
Or Jacob Blake who police were attempting to arrest because he was wanted on a sexual assault warrant and was back to harass his accuser. They tried physical restraint, 3 attempts at taser before he got ahold kf aweapon and was shot. Apparently even his statement admits to getting hold of the knife.
Those riots start before any facts are known because politicians and media see power in that manipulation

Reactions: Cosmacelf
You have to actively dodge information to think rules are being applied equally.

I'm afraid you didn't understand my post at all.

EDIT: BTW, "First-degree arson" or "aggrevated arson" includes arson when people are present, and can be punished with life in prison. I wouldn't know what it was in that case, and that is also not relevant to the meaning of my post. In case that helps.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="MountainPass, post: 5156144, member: 72831"
Ultimately we should be guided by facts and evidence. And we should be able to see the good and bad in everything. So if our post comes across as us taking one side against another, that is only because there are only two sides in this situation. Specifically when it comes to Climate Change, pushing governments to do something sooner rather than later is going to pay huge dividends, and as we know governments are not in the business of making long term investments. There is no incentive for them to invest in something that won't bear fruit for 20+ years.

Sasha[/QUOTE]

Let me start by saying that I am an MPP customer, and plan on more purchases; if Tesla will ever see their way to actually delivering me a car (M3P ordered 11/7).

But we do need to be guided by facts and evidence, and if you think that CO2 that humans are putting out is somehow causing harm to the planet, you need to up your facts and evidence game, because you have been taken in by a media narrative that is NOT based on facts and evidence.

Those of use that have read and deciphered the science on this get amused at the moral outrage by the Kool Aid drinkers on this one.

In this case, Trump has a better read on the facts and evidence on this issue than you do...

• Disagree
Reactions: CyberGus
Thanks for your order! We really appreciate your business. I hope you get your car soon!!

I hope this doesn't offend you but I couldn't help myself... (it's just for fun!)

-Sasha

really.jpg

I'm afraid you didn't understand my post at all.

EDIT: BTW, "First-degree arson" or "aggrevated arson" includes arson when people are present, and can be punished with life in prison. I wouldn't know what it was in that case, and that is also not relevant to the meaning of my post. In case that helps.

There is talk of people involved on the 6th being "terrorists" and being put on no fly lists and all kinds of stuff, and they didn't try and set an occupied structure on fire.
There is wildly disparate treatment but not they way the politicians claim.

An app has been blacklisted under the guise of allowing organization of violence but then as that happens a phrase calling for physical harm to the VP was trending on Twitter, and the EVIDENCE is that the violent last Wednesday was organized on Facebook, not on the app being blamed.

There is talk of people involved on the 6th being "terrorists" and being put on no fly lists and all kinds of stuff, and they didn't try and set an occupied structure on fire.
There is wildly disparate treatment but not they way the politicians claim.

An app has been blacklisted under the guise of allowing organization of violence but then as that happens a phrase calling for physical harm to the VP was trending on Twitter, and the EVIDENCE is that the violent last Wednesday was organized on Facebook, not on the app being blamed.

That happens because it was intentionally a serious attack on the core of our democracy. And coupled with the threat of further attacks.

Pales in comparison to the death and destruction from the BLM riots.

The Black Lives Matter protests had no intention of being destructive,” citing a study that determined that “93% of the 7,750 demonstrations . . . were peaceful.” In other words, 7 percent—some 543 demonstrations—were not peaceful.

Because the report, by the Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project, examined an 89-day period from May 26 to August 22, 2020, that works out to an average of more than six violent events per day during last summer’s mostly peaceful BLM demonstrations. It appears that the property damage from these austere, placid gatherings totaled between $1 billion and $2 billion, and that some two dozen people were killed amid the prevailing tranquility.

Except, according to BLM founders, Wikipedia, etc., BLM itself is a *non-violent* international human rights movement. According to Wikipedia, much of the violence seen at the rare non-peaceful protest is committed by police and counter-protestors. It's the only the *perception* that BLM advocates more than peaceful direct action varies, largely by race.

Again, see the Wikipedia entry. Lastly, as you know, Wikipedia does not tolerate disinformation -- if you think they are wrong, go ahead and edit it, with references.

Storming of the Capitol was stupid, but Democrats’ flaming hypocrisy is outrageous

Left-wing ‘agitator’ arrested for US Capitol riot involvement released from jail without bail | Politico Fire

Kamala Harris Promoted Group That Paid Bail for Murderers and Sex Offenders

The riots this summer were based on knee jerk reactions to "hands up don't shoot" level lies, George Floyd died of fentanyl overdose, Jacob Blake was being arrested for further harassment of a sexual assault accuser they wreatles with him, tased him three times then shot him when he even admits he had a knife in his hand.
New audio shares the moment Jacob Blake confessed to being armed, DA's investigation reveals

I wasn't going to post this but since moderation defended the above post that mens my post is acceptable.

• Disagree
Reactions: nwdiver and TEG
George Floyd died of fentanyl overdose,

So... it was just a coincidence that he
happened to die with a racist on his neck???????????

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 5.55.13 PM.png

WTF is wrong
with you? Seriously....... WTF is wrong with you?

Political discussions should be about issues and how we solve them. No party or candidate has a lock on all of the right answers. Once the right answers to those issues begin to emerge, then we should talk about which party or candidate most closely aligns.

..... except one party has made it their platform to reject reality. Hard to have a discussion about issues when your position is that those issues don't exist... no need to talk about COVID.... it's a Chinese hoax. no need to talk about climate change.... it's a Chinese hoax. No need to address systemic racism... it's just fentanyl from China......... pathetic.

The problem isn't politics. The problem is misinformation. Reality is knowable. Climate change is real. The Earth is not flat. Vaccines work. Biden won the election.

Last edited:
Reactions: MitchMitch and JRP3
Status
Not open for further replies.