Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about the political affiliation of Tesla owners.. I understand that as a whole, it will likely be dominated by Democrats as most Teslas are sold in California which is a deep blue state. So, I want to poll Tesla owners based on where they live to get a better idea. Here in Florida, it seems to be fairly balanced between ideologies while I'd think that in other places, it isn't even close. This is just for actual Tesla owners in the USA, not lurkers.
Red State = Went for Trump in 2020
Blue State = Went for Biden in 2020
I'm just posting this out of curiosity.. Checked the box not to reveal who voted for what choice..

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC
It is really simple, like it or not, Americans of all political stripes are concerned about climate change and want government action.
The major disconnect is between Republican voters wanting climate action and Republican politicians (although that is changing)
For context, The American Climate Contract is a conservative group trying to stop climate change.

The irony is, it is not even a case of if you believe climate change is real, the economic benefits of moving to renewable energy sources will be a long term economic boom greater than the losses in the fossil fuel industry (here is collection of stats and articles). There are a few sites tracking renewable growth.

The history of the world is full of examples of new energy transitions being massive benefits for countries that end up being named epoch events. Look at the Industrial Revolution, the Oil Boom, so we are at the very start of the Renewable Boom.

The biggest irony is Texas has all the opportunity to be the #1 provide of renewable energy (it is 5x bigger wind energy than California and rapidly growing).
Even more, most of the Red states are building renewables faster than all the Blue states combined. Not due to Climate concerns, but from simple profit motivates reasons.

Republican's are politically killing themselves by not seizing on what is actually working for them, and benefit from parallels results of attracting pro-renewables Democrats.
Why do they insist to stay on the Titanic, when there is an empty lifeboat waiting for them?

Put another way, even when a Red state can easily meet, or even already exceeded, its carbon emission goals, they reject the policy. That is like quitting a game when one has already won.

Last edited:
Travel is open, but it's the mandatory 14 day quarantine (applies in all regions Setec is involved in: South Korea, China, and Hong Kong) that's the killer. It's simply not practical to send someone on a business trip as the costs are way too high for the return. And that's putting aside the liability if they happened to catch Covid here (a very high chance given the relatively lax attitude here on Covid).
and meanwhile the southern border is practically wide open.................................... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.