Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of the Nazis, my family is a LOT smaller than should be. So yes, this meme is wrong, disgusting and justifies not buying a car that will put money in his pocket.
Go ahead and cancel if a meme gets you so triggered. There are 1,000,000 who will take your place. Was hoping 2022 would have less virtue signaling but guess not.

Go ahead and cancel if a meme gets you so triggered. There are 1,000,000 who will take your place. Was hoping 2022 would have less virtue signaling but guess not.
If you don’t understand why a CEO posting a photo of a mass murderer in any context is horrifyingly offensive, I urge you to learn more about the Holocaust.

Last edited:
Mentally ill people get a free pass to post Nazi pics? Give me a break.
You remind me of the guy that sees a kid acting out in the restaurant and you say "damn those parents can't even control they own kid!". My piece of advice? It's never that simple. So call him out, so that he knows. Then put it all in your personal context. You've got twitter. He's on it and listening. And let us know so that we know.

Yes I can totally see why wearing a mask in Target can be compared to the horrors of being in a concentration camp.

And who is they?
Let me see if I understand your point...

Wearing a mask in Target is the same as:
-Being ripped out of your home by soldiers, being shot if you resist
-Having 99% of your possessions taken from you
-Being split up as a family
-Being put on trucks and trains like cattle
-Being sorted like animals upon arrival
-Being gassed while your were told you were going to showers
-And if not gassed, put in barracks without adequate food or water
-Being worked to death or permanently scarred

Did I get that right? Wearing a mask in Target is even a remote comparison to these points above?

• Disagree
Reactions: zapparino
If you don’t understand why a CEO posting a photo of a mass murderer in any context is horrifyingly offensive, I urge you to learn more about the Holocaust.
I’m fully aware of the holocaust and how horrible it was but if you think him posting that meme is a token of support for hitler than you are delusional. It’s a meme and the point of the meme is actually spot on.

when people trot out phrases like 'virtue signaling' it could easily be a direct way of saying they dont want to be a good person, and/or they especially don't want someone calling them out on it. Give the guy a break. He's triggered, let him talk it out. Because of Texas, Fremont will prolly convert to mostly S and X at some point and we all get our cars whether we're triggered or not. One big happy family.

Reactions: croman and BamaATL
This is a bit . . . disingenuous, and I believe you know it.

In ALL 50 states, there is a substantial list of vaccines that a child MUST have in order to attend public school (which is 95% of all education in the USA). While this isn't a "universal mandate", it's a really REALLY good catch-all that keeps the vast majority of our population properly protected against some really nasty diseases. Diseases, I will point out, that for almost all there is NO TREATMENT for if you catch.

I will preempt your counter point that there are religious and (VERY rarely) medical exemptions, but those are VERY VERY rare, not the norm, and they vary extremely from state to state.

You really REALLY should read this:

It gives a historical account of vaccine mandates, the relevant laws that allow for them and also what those laws protect the individual from and protect their right to chose, and it gives a historical accounting of WHY we vaccinate against what we vaccinate against.

As a board trained pediatrician, I have personally seen children DIE from things that the general public thinks we no longer need to vaccinate against (measles - causes encephalitis, pertussis - causes whooping cough and a bad pneumonia for toddlers, polio - causes paralysis, mumps - causes sterility in males).

Since you probably won't read it, here is the most relevant table, it shows the AVERAGE ANNUAL MORTALITY in the 20th century in the USA from these diseases BEFORE the vaccines were put into place.

View attachment 762372

You have NO CLUE how bad most of these are, until you see firsthand an unvaccinated child die from them. It is gut wrenching because for all of the above, there are NO TREATMENTS except "supportive care" (i.e. we put you in the hospital, give you fluids, and ask your family to pray you recover).
Those are all conditional vaccines. If you home school, you don't need any. Fact is that based on the US constitution, the Federal government has no authority to mandate any vaccines to anyone for being a person. 10th amendment is clear:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

As there is nothing in the constitution that allows them to mandate vaccines for being a person, it becomes a state's right. States can mandate it.. Feds can't.
I'm not anti vaccine and I'm vaccinated.. I'm anti government infringing upon our rights.

Those are all conditional vaccines. If you home school, you don't need any. Fact is that based on the US constitution, the Federal government has no authority to mandate any vaccines to anyone for being a person. 10th amendment is clear:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

As there is nothing in the constitution that allows them to mandate vaccines for being a person, it becomes a state's right. States can mandate it.. Feds can't.
I'm not anti vaccine and I'm vaccinated.. I'm anti government infringing upon our rights.

HA HA HA HA! I literally pre-empted this argument in my post, and you made it anyway. You literally try to cherry pick the smallest little population you can and hope to "score a win", yet you ignore the shades of grey of the actual issue.

And clearly you didn't read the CDC article (which DOES present both sides of the argument). YES these are STATES rights, and just about ALL STATES have placed various mandates for school attendance. Home school population is literally not a blip on the radar in terms of numbers. That means that literally the bulk of the child population IS COVERED by vaccine mandates.

To the ignore bin with you. And this is from someone here, who everyone will tell you in this thread, that leans RIGHT on the political spectrum. You are not making much of a coherent argument to help yourself.

HA HA HA HA! I literally pre-empted this argument in my post, and you made it anyway. You literally try to cherry pick the smallest little population you can and hope to "score a win", yet you ignore the shades of grey of the actual issue.

And clearly you didn't read the CDC article (which DOES present both sides of the argument). YES these are STATES rights, and just about ALL STATES have placed various mandates for school attendance. Home school population is literally not a blip on the radar in terms of numbers. That means that literally the bulk of the child population IS COVERED by vaccine mandates.

To the ignore bin with you. And this is from someone here, who everyone will tell you in this thread, that leans RIGHT on the political spectrum. You are not making much of a coherent argument to help yourself.
Point is, you have the option to make choices for yourself and your kids not to require any vaccines. It's scary how many here want government to be a big nanny..
100% agree with ELON MUSK on this..
Screenshot_20220130-202005_Twitter.jpg

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: JRP3 and shinytop
Elon has the IQ to understand that our Liberties are eroded every day by government using fear as a tool to manipulate us and take away liberties..... and there are others who thanks government from taking their liberties and ask for more liberties to be taken away. I wish there were more powerful and influential people like Elon to spread the message of Liberty over fear!

Elon has the IQ to understand that our Liberties are eroded every day by government using fear as a tool to manipulate us and take away liberties..... and there are others who thanks government from taking their liberties and ask for more liberties to be taken away. I wish there were more powerful and influential people like Elon to spread the message of Liberty over fear!
Even though I agree with your sentiment, did you really have to resurrect a 2 year old thread?

• Disagree
Reactions: TravelFree
You didn’t get your Vaccine, did you?

Sorry, but Elon and company are working to remove our freedom to drive non-autonomously. Please keep a look out for this.

You didn’t get your Vaccine, did you?
I had 2 shots of Pfizer May/June..
I'm not anti vaccine. I'm anti government infringement of our liberties. This is not a political left or right thing. Elon Musk just like myself are not lemmings who follow a particular ideology unless of course you consider the desire for freedom and liberty to be a political statement. His views, just like mine are all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.