Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this funny, are you vetting the CEO of other bosses of every company you do business with, and every product you buy ?
What's your opinion on the tire manufacturers, or LEDs in the car ? And what about socks!? How are the board members for those vendors?

Good point. The wealthy CEOs of the world are indeed full of wickedness. They're slave owners, murderers, thieves, and molesters... in the literal sense. You'd really have to stop participating in the modern economy to avoid dealing with any of them.

I find this funny, are you vetting the CEO of other bosses of every company you do business with, and every product you buy ?
What's your opinion on the tire manufacturers, or LEDs in the car ? And what about socks!? How are the board members for those vendors?
At least for me I know this is irrational so it’s been odd to experience this sudden reversal of my emotional attachment to the brand.

I know the auto industry is a messy, ugly place (I’ve worked for a major automaker) but maybe I had held musk and Tesla in high regard and now it’s becoming apparent that he’s no better than other automaker CEOs and, perhaps, somewhat less palatable.

Now instead of seeing Tesla as a special automaker led by someone forthright I’m starting to see them as just another car company, rational or not.

It sucks to be losing the enthusiasm but it is what it is.

Reactions: DeepFrz and RD36
Actually Video games and fart noises is genius. Ask any kid what his favorite car is. Bet you 90% will say Tesla. All the kids know the Tesla’s. The kids are all lined up to be the next generation of owners. And the kids are bagging there parents to get a Tesla. Elon planted his own advertising agents in every family house hold, for free. Just by some intern adding games and fart noises. Pure genius.

Also watch the Netflix series on SpaceX Inspiration 4. Another genius move.

Are you suggesting Tesla and/or Elon Musk invented marketing to children to drive brand loyalty and influence their parent's purchasing decisions? It's good business but not what I would call "genius" or even novel.

Yeah this is why most CEOs have the good sense to not make the company about them in a very public way.

So I hear Musk is making the Teslabot a priority. Elon Musk: Tesla is prioritizing product development of Optimus humanoid robot in 2022

Self driving, build quality, replacement battery packs, customer service, apparently these problems are all solved. So that's awesome. Let's all keep defending Elon Musk so he can continue to make these amazing business decisions.

I get it but look at the other major car companies. Diesel gate by the germans defrauded consumers and resulted in billions of dollars in fines. American car companies and their CEOs don't exactly have stellar reputations.

Are Rivian and Lucid not leaning on government incentives? I think Rivian just secured $125MM from GA for its plant. Ford is getting billions from TN for its Lightning plant.

All part of the game...

Reactions: mswlogo
Are you suggesting Tesla and/or Elon Musk invented marketing to children to drive brand loyalty and influence their parent's purchasing decisions? It's good business but not what I would call "genius" or even novel.
Yes, it’s genius and novel. Introducing fart noises to a car? Yeah like Ford is working on their trunk mooning feature.

Yeah it’s not novel for buying cereal, toys or snacks. But is for a super high priced asset it is. And what they came up with is genius. This isn’t exactly a whistle in a box of cracker jacks.

Last edited:
Reactions: oktane and Big Earl
I get it but look at the other major car companies. Diesel gate by the germans defrauded consumers and resulted in billions of dollars in fines. American car companies and their CEOs don't exactly have stellar reputations.

Are Rivian and Lucid not leaning on government incentives? I think Rivian just secured $125MM from GA for its plant. Ford is getting billions from TN for its Lightning plant.

All part of the game...
Good point on Diesel gate. I absolutely refuse to ever purchase anything from Audi/VW ever again (I had many). And that wasn’t just the CEO responsible for diesel gate. It was practically the whole country’s mind set in deliberately defrauding the public.

Watch Dirty Money on Netflix. First episode is on Diesel Gate. The last episode is on the biggest con man ever. I won’t do a Spoiler Alert.

All part of the game...
At least diesel gate forced more electrification so maybe a silver lining.

In regards to Rivian/Lucid...All companies, not just electric car companies, get tax credits for building factories, so that's probably not a great example. Amazon is probably the biggest offender of this.

Reactions: RD36 and whenryb
I was a huge Tesla fan until 6 months back. The astoundingly stupid V11, ill thought out changes like the yoke, capacitive buttons, removal of radar, reduced charging speeds on older cars, bad build quality, economy car interiors, cheap paint choices and bad customer service started grating on me more and more.

Then comes the nonsense with denying the seriousness of COVID, and the obviously political nonsense while denying any political intentions. While I try to dissociate the politics when buying a product, this dude goes too far with his tweets and childishness.

Success went to Elon’s head. He is mucking around with Tesla now. He has lost a longtime fan in me.

While I’d jump ship right now if afforded the option, all car companies are struggling to make their new models. So, 3 more years of my Teslas being with me. After that, who knows.

Elon has done so much, it is rather easy to find things you personally do not like about him or his products. It has been somewhat a sport to find things he has done that does not come up to your high standards.

Another, and more positive viewpoint is to look at what he has accomplished, and compare it to his imperfections.

Without Elon, the other electric car options would not be available. There would be no Rivian without Musk.

As an individual, he has done more to advance electrification of personal transportation than any other person alive today.

Complaining about little diversions like fart noises fails to realize the millions of dollars of free publicity they have gained. Also realize the fart noises are designed to provide a funny diversion to the youngsters in the back seats rather than making the cars significantly better.

Making fun of Elon's self admitted Asberger syndrome is not productive, and fails to realize how aspirational it is to the millions of people that suffer from one issue or another, that they can still achieve great things by focusing on their abilities, instead of their disabilities.

Being smug, and posting that Elon does not come up to your high standards serves little purpose than the common desire to tear down a great man.

Elon has done so much, it is rather easy to find things you personally do not like about him or his products. It has been somewhat a sport to find things he has done that does not come up to your high standards.

Another, and more positive viewpoint is to look at what he has accomplished, and compare it to his imperfections.

Without Elon, the other electric car options would not be available. There would be no Rivian without Musk.

As an individual, he has done more to advance electrification of personal transportation than any other person alive today.

Complaining about little diversions like fart noises fails to realize the millions of dollars of free publicity they have gained. Also realize the fart noises are designed to provide a funny diversion to the youngsters in the back seats rather than making the cars significantly better.

Making fun of Elon's self admitted Asberger syndrome is not productive, and fails to realize how aspirational it is to the millions of people that suffer from one issue or another, that they can still achieve great things by focusing on their abilities, instead of their disabilities.

Being smug, and posting that Elon does not come up to your high standards serves little purpose than the common desire to tear down a great man.

We aren’t making fun of his claimed Asperger’s syndrome. We are disgusted by his childishness.

We aren’t ‘tearing down the man’, he is the richest in the world, for gods sake.

He was great, he accomplished many near-impossible to achieve things. That doesn’t mean he gets a pass on his current behavior and stupid decisions.

Wait 2-3 years. There will be options. Just because a company is the first mover does not mean it’s destined to be the leader forever.

High standards? Hardly, it is merely called standards. You either suffer from reading comprehension or simply fail to realise what decorum, decency, humanity, and humility are and mean! I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome in my formative years. I realised during my university years that my conduct, behaviour, and generally disposition was at odds with others around me. Initially, I internalised the matter as one of intellect, mine being "different" and thus I was entitled to behave as I did. I was wrong, years later, founding my own company, being responsible for the livelihood of others, their aspirations, and hopes in life, gave me perspective that I would not gained had I used my condition as a crutch and excuse to behave as I wished.

I came to realise that my mood, disposition, inability at times to contain my contempt for what I perceived whilst others seemed to be unaware, and general behaviour deeply affected and influenced the culture and atmosphere at my company. Yes, it was mine, and I could do with it as I wished. And therein lies point, I never accomplished anything without the kindness, generosity, and compassion of others. I had to change. I could no longer use my condition nor my success as licence to lean upon my diagnosis as justification. I am offended that Elon seemingly attempted to excuse his conduct by this revelation.

I had no intent of revealing this to anyone. I have worked tirelessly to attempt to be a better person. I fail, and often, yet I have learned to apologise; not make excuses about my condition yet amends to those I have offended. I am not always self aware however I have also recognised that I did not always wish to be. How is that Elon is able to perceive slights (real of imagined) yet fails to realise his own behaviour?

No one should ever deny him his credit as I wrote at length for his contributions to an entrenched industry. Yet that achievement is not a car wash for the stains of equal offence!

Last edited:
We aren’t making fun of his claimed Asperger’s syndrome. We are disgusted by his childishness.

Disgusted is a pretty strong word IMO. I remember when my local State Representative (Lorena Gonzalez) and author of the awful AB5 bill tweeted "**** Elon Musk" because Elon had the temerity to publicly complain about California's harsh COVID lockdown rules shutting down his factory while car factories back East remained open.

Now that is childishness if you ask me!

Like I said earlier, trying to run a business (or even just living) in California has a way of evolving one's views on the role government.

Face it, we have a rare case of a Silicon Valley Billionaire and CEO who does not hold 100% Leftist POV...........so he is hated by all the "right" people no matter how much good the man is providing humanity in terms of transitioning off fossil fuels.

It's just disappointing.. i've been hoping for awhile now that he would not be negatively changed by the power that comes with money, and global influence. Which incidentally came from IMO being one the most brilliant minds in history, and changing the future of the world. It was a team effort, but lets face it, without him we would not be here at this point in time. But i just hoped he could manage his human flaws better.

I do know one thing, if i were him i would probably have gone off the rails way before this. I think it takes almost a super-human person in his type of situation to not completely self-destruct. Humanity is funny that way.. absolutely required, but a big liability at the same time. He's just not my hero anymore. It's probably just as much my problem as his - expecting someone to be able to live up to that.

Disgusted is a pretty strong word IMO. I remember when my local State Representative (Lorena Gonzalez) and author of the awful AB5 bill tweeted "**** Elon Musk" because Elon had the temerity to publicly complain about California's harsh COVID lockdown rules shutting down his factory while car factories back East remained open.

Now that is childishness if you ask me!

Like I said earlier, trying to run a business (or even just living) in California has a way of evolving one's views on the role government.

Face it, we have a rare case of a Silicon Valley Billionaire and CEO who does not hold 100% Leftist POV...........so he is hated by all the "right" people no matter how much good the man is providing humanity in terms of transitioning off fossil fuels.
Public health is not a subject open for toying with. He sought to minimize the danger COVID posed because he was sure Tesla would go bankrupt if he did. Right or wrong, he chose to make that decision, going against medical expert advise and the county law.

California, hate it or like it, made Tesla possible at all. Not being arrogant. Just pointing it out. Without the support of like 40% of initial Tesla owners, who all happened to be in CA, Elon would not be as rich as he is today. Point of fact.

You are just trying to spin legitimate complaints about the decisions Elon has taken of late into something about character assasination.

Status
Not open for further replies.