Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Public health is not a subject open for toying with. He sought to minimize the danger COVID posed because he was sure Tesla would go bankrupt if he did. Right or wrong, he chose to make that decision, going against medical expert advise and the county law.

California, hate it or like it, made Tesla possible at all. Not being arrogant. Just pointing it out. Without the support of like 40% of initial Tesla owners, who all happened to be in CA, Elon would not be as rich as he is today. Point of fact.

You are just trying to spin legitimate complaints about the decisions Elon has taken of late into something about character assasination.
This is spot on.

Cheers!

Reactions: 1100MCM
High standards? Hardly, it is merely called standards. You either suffer from reading comprehension or simply fail to realise what decorum, decency, humanity, and humility are and mean! I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome in my formative years. I realised during my university years that my conduct, behaviour, and generally disposition was at odds with others around me. Initially, I internalised the matter as one of intellect, mine being "different" and thus I was entitled to behave as I did. I was wrong, years later, founding my own company, being responsible for the livelihood of others, their aspirations, and hopes in life, gave me perspective that I would not gained had I used my condition as a crutch and excuse to behave as I wished.

I came to realise that my mood, disposition, inability at times to contain my contempt for what I perceived whilst others seemed to be unaware, and general behaviour deeply affected and influenced the culture and atmosphere at my company. Yes, it was mine, and I could do with it as I wished. And therein lies point, I never accomplished anything without the kindness, generosity, and compassion of others. I had to change. I could no longer use my condition nor my success as licence to lean upon my diagnosis as justification. I am offended that Elon seemingly attempted to excuse his conduct by this revelation.

I had no intent of revealing this to anyone. I have worked tirelessly to attempt to be a better person. I fail, and often, yet I have learned to apologise; not make excuses about my condition yet amends to those I have offended. I am not always self aware however I have also recognised that I did not always wish to be. How is that Elon is able to perceive slights (real of imagined) yet fails to realise his own behaviour?

No one should ever deny him his credit as I wrote at length for his contributions to an entrenched industry. Yet that achievement is not a car wash for the stains of equal offence!

Absolutely. As a leader of a tech company myself, I have had to learn the hard way that you have to keep your personality quirks to a minimum when managing people.
It's just disappointing.. i've been hoping for awhile now that he would not be negatively changed by the power that comes with money, and global influence. Which incidentally came from IMO being one the most brilliant minds in history, and changing the future of the world. It was a team effort, but lets face it, without him we would not be here at this point in time. But i just hoped he could manage his human flaws better.

I do know one thing, if i were him i would probably have gone off the rails way before this. I think it takes almost a super-human person in his type of situation to not completely self-destruct. Humanity is funny that way.. absolutely required, but a big liability at the same time. He's just not my hero anymore. It's probably just as much my problem as his - expecting someone to be able to live up to that.

I have always had tremendous respect for Elon. I run a company myself, and know firsthand how difficult it is to start a business, raise money, and be successful. What Elon has done, has taken superhuman effort.

However, he has also developed an arrogance (I figure he fancies himself a global trendsetter now, why not!). Makes him blind to a few stupid decisions taken in the pursuit of ideals held inside his head. These decisions won’t affect Tesla in the short term. But long term erosion of customer base is likely to set in.

Public health is not a subject open for toying with. He sought to minimize the danger COVID posed because he was sure Tesla would go bankrupt if he did. Right or wrong, he chose to make that decision, going against medical expert advise and the county law.
This same "medical expert advise" allowed strip clubs, liquor stores and weed shops to remain open, but schools, churches and offices were shut down. Massive BLM protests were celebrated and encouraged by our elected officials (and numerous Corporate CEO's), while beaches, hiking trails and parks were literally shut down.

All the while our elected officials like Gavin Newsom were photographed flaunting their own rules time and time again.

Sorry - I am much more "disgusted" at the people who have power over my life being total hypocrites and doing real damage to my children's education - as opposed to people like Elon Musk trying to navigate the Byzantine and capricious rules imposed by these "experts" in California.

This same "medical expert advise" allowed strip clubs, liquor stores and weed shops to remain open, but schools, churches and offices were shut down. Massive BLM protests were celebrated and encouraged by our elected officials (and numerous Corporate CEO's), while beaches, hiking trails and parks were literally shut down.

All the while our elected officials like Gavin Newsom were photographed flaunting their own rules time and time again.

Sorry - I am much more "disgusted" at the people who have power over my life being total hypocrites and doing real damage to my children's education - as opposed to people like Elon Musk trying to navigate the Byzantine and capricious rules imposed by these "experts" in California.

What Newsom did was wrong, and I don’t support his bad decision either. But that was much later. Did Elon have the ability to see the future and take the wrong decision he took much earlier in the pandemic? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Your arguments don’t make any sense at all. Moreover, just because someone else is doing something wrong, doesn’t mean you should be doing something wrong. If you see criminals burglarizing a neightbor’s house, will you go ahead and break into a neighbor’s house as well? Alameda county was in lockdown. That was the law in that county. He broke the law.

You talk about hypocrites? I say, stop projecting.

Your arguments don’t make any sense at all. Moreover, just because someone else is doing something wrong, doesn’t mean you should be doing something wrong. If you see criminals burglarizing a neightbor’s house, will you go ahead and break into a neighbor’s house as well? Alameda county was in lockdown. That was the law in that county. He broke the law.
I don't think your analogy is apt.

I think it was "WRONG" and massively destructive for our California politicians and experts to force draconian lockdowns on industry and shuttering our schools for over a year which did nothing to stop the spread of COVID. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt early on, but it didn't take long to realize that COVID is a disease that is mainly dangerous to the sick, old and obese and we can't lock ourselves away from it.

Yet here we are almost 3 years later and my 2 kids still have to wear masks 8 hours a day at school despite being vaccinated while Gavin is busy taking pictures and partying with Magic Johnson this weekend with no masks.

Thank GOD we have some people with power like Elon who was willing to challenge these historically unprecedented regulations.

Reactions: oktane and BPeter

I think it was "WRONG" and massively destructive for our California politicians and experts to force draconian lockdowns on industry and shuttering our schools for over a year which did nothing to stop the spread of COVID. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt early on, but it didn't take long to realize that COVID is a disease that is mainly dangerous to the sick, old and obese and we can't lock ourselves away from it.

Yet here we are almost 3 years later and my 2 kids still have to wear masks 8 hours a day at school despite being vaccinated while Gavin is busy taking pictures and partying with Magic Johnson this weekend with no masks.

Thank GOD we have some people with power like Elon who was willing to challenge these historically unprecedented regulations.
So basically you don’t have anything of value to rebut my points. Lockdowns helped arrest the spread of the virus, otherwise we would have had million more deaths by now, probably.

Yeah, thank GOD for Elon, for disregarding public health and safety. Need more like him. Newsom, who is also doing bad things though, should be recalled.

Who is the hypocrite, mate? 🙄 Do you even see the irony here, or is that too much for you to comprehend?

As for your statement that COVID is mainly dangerous to the vulnerable, well, that says it all about you, doesn’t it.
Let the weak and vulnerable die, eh?

I am putting you on mute from now on.

Reactions: RD36

I wouldn't say it did nothing. In deaths per million, California is in 38th place. Not too bad for the country's most populous state.

Reactions: QUBO
So basically you don’t have anything of value to rebut my points. Lockdowns helped arrest the spread of the virus, otherwise we would have had million more deaths by now, probably.

Yeah, thank GOD for Elon, for disregarding public health and safety. Need more like him. Newsom, who is also doing bad things though, should be recalled.

Who is the hypocrite, mate? 🙄 Do you even see the irony here, or is that too much for you to comprehend?

As for your statement that COVID is mainly dangerous to the vulnerable, well, that says it all about you, doesn’t it.

I am putting you on mute from now on.
Flattening the curve doesn't reduce the area below the curve

• Love
Reactions: oktane
Reactions: 2101Guy and RD36
Nope - I wanted targeted policies to protect the weak and most vulnerable.

We knew early on that kids are practically immune to COVID and there was no evidence of widespread transmission in schools. Yet we sacrificed our children's future to protect the old, sick and obese doubling down going on 2 years now. My kid's lost over a year of socialization, in-person learning, extracurricular sports, social activities like Prom and graduation ceremonies that they will never get back during their most formative years of development. Even now, my kids are still forced to wear useless cloth masks 8 hours a day because California politicians and regulators are too prideful to admit they were wrong.

Oh well, alot of us white collar and tech workers were able to work from home and keep our jobs going and help tudor our kids at home. So no harm to us! Screw all those kids and poor people to protect the unhealthy, old and obese who refused to get vaccinated!

All I am saying, Elon had every right to challenge and fight back against California's COVID over-reach. No one else in a position of leadership or power in California was willing to speak out!

Nope - I wanted targeted policies to protect the weak and most vulnerable.

We knew early on that kids are practically immune to COVID and there was no evidence of widespread transmission in schools. Yet we sacrificed our children's future to protect the old, sick and obese doubling down going on 2 years now. My kid's lost over a year of socialization, in-person learning, extracurricular sports, social activities like Prom and graduation ceremonies that they will never get back during their most formative years of development. Even now, my kids are still forced to wear useless cloth masks 8 hours a day because California politicians and regulators are too prideful to admit they were wrong.

Oh well, alot of us white collar and tech workers were able to work from home and keep our jobs going and help tudor our kids at home. So no harm to us! Screw all those kids and poor people to protect the unhealthy, old and obese who refused to get vaccinated!

All I am saying, Elon had every right to challenge and fight back against California's COVID over-reach. No one else in a position of leadership or power in California was willing to speak out!

Surely the richest man on the planet has more options to fight a bad policy then just straight up breaking the law?

Status
Not open for further replies.