Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Governments, administrations, legislatures, political leaders and their decisions do not represent a country and its citizens as a whole.

At the individual level, being American is a unique feeling and in some ways, a privilege. I guess citizens of other nations feel something similar but, my point is that we are talking about accomplishments at the level of individuals and in Tesla's case, a private business entity that's flourishing and innovating in the environment that the US provides.

Jan Morris: Once the most beloved country in the world, the US is now the most hated | Comment is free | The Guardian

and from some of the comments here, "desired/loved/envied" thats some strooong koolaid right there.

disclaimer, I applied for a greencard so its not my opinion.

"strooong koolaid" = being patriotic to this great nation? uh, ok. I can't believe a guardian.com article was quoted as reference for the "statistically speaking" comment.

Anyway, congrats on your greencard. I wish you the best success and hope you and your family experience the American Dream.

Last edited:
What a surprise, this Douche bag lawyer is a Republican. Look at at his other blog :

http://thelawaccordingtovincemegna.blogspot.com/2012/11/send-them-back-to-africa.html?m=1

Send them back to Africa

"Unfortunately for Jason Thompson, the Republicans did not capitalize on their opportunity to send President Obama back to Kenya. They did succeed however, in sending Paul Ryan back to Congress and TomMY Senator back to retirement..

While I don't like Vince Megna and his need to publicize himself (what is it with people needing to be on camera??) - if you watch the video, you'll see he did not say what you have posted, he's complaining about someone else saying it. You got it backwards.

US warmongered even more on the last years so why should that went down?
troll.jpg

The lawyer wins either way. The publicity he gets will undoubtedly bring him more business from a section of the public who strongly believe all these 'greenie' companies are evil, and from those that have a specific political leaning.

Could NADA be providing some tailwinds here ?

They're called "rednecks", dude. they are poor, uneducated, and uncultured.

This, in turn, leads them to be angry and jealous and racist.

this then leads them to cling to guns and religion, and usually the Republican Party.

just laugh at them and carry on...
And quickly, before the moderators move this into "politics" quarantaine... :)

I too have had a couple of very negative reactions from drivers of large pickups. Including getting shown "the finger", being cut off, tail-gated with high beams on... and all this in hyper-polite Portland... strange.

sans politics:

They're called "rednecks", dude. they are poor, uneducated, and uncultured.

This, in turn, leads them to be angry and jealous and racist.

this then leads them to cling to guns and religion.

just laugh at them and carry on...

Profile much? You're showing your bias just by this response. Not cool. And way too judgmental. Which is, of course, puts you right in the mix with everyone else. :)

Ironic, isn't it.

(-- continued from the Short Term thread.)
The real issue now is what will happen with the Eastern part of Ukraine. You seem to imply that further invasion by the Russian military is acceptable as a way to provide better federal services to that region, too, to use your favourite phrase. Ask the Baltic countries how they feel about that. I'd argue that as NATO members in good standing, their take on it is quite relevant to the U.S.

Ask Serbians what they think about Kosovo and the US.

Is that why your pitiful government spent 5bn of taxpayers money supporting Kiev riots?

We spent $5 billion and we didn't even get a cool t-shirt?

Most Americans would probably be challenged to find Kiev on a map, or even know that Kiev is in Ukraine. We pretty much don't give a damn. However, taking over another country at gunpoint on a permanent basis doesn't sit well with us or most of the rest of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.