Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this is a bit of a rant. But I'm really disappointed in Elon. For many reasons. I was disappointed that Tesla was slowly removing features from the cars and raising prices. Tesla FSD "coming this year... coming THIS year... COMING THIS YEAR...". His Twitter antics have been off the rail and now he aligns himself with a political party that has historically been against electric cars, pro-oil, and now wants to force women to have their rapist's babies. Yet he calls the other side heartless? If you're a republican on here, I'm NOT coming after you, so this isn't personal. But Elon has a huge microphone. This is about ego, that the Biden admin isn't kissing his butt, and ultimately he wants lower taxes for himself. At the same time he is going to kill Tesla stock and guess what - other car companies are catching up, and catching up pretty quickly with better quality and luxury standards. Personally, I canceled my CT order today and plan on moving on from Tesla. Yes, yes, some will argue that other CEO's may hold the same beliefs.. Yes, that's probably true. But they're not actively supporting them with the type of platform he has, and actively attacking another political party. Time to give the others automakers a shot - just my personal belief.

We saw the Democrats, Twitter and our corrupt Media totally lie to the public about a very important story about the Bidens just a few weeks before the 2020 election.

The same Democrats, Media and Twitter who all believe and repeatedly claim Republicans stole the 2000 and 2016 presidential elections along with stealing the election in Georgia against Stacey Abrams.

Yet if anyone questions anything about the 2020 election where many states disregarded voter integrity rules to make it easier to vote with unsolicited mail in ballots, drop off boxes and canvassing using COVID as an excuse, they are labeled "insurrectionists" and banned on Twitter.

Galactic level hypocrisy or just plain ignorance?

Is this TMC or 4chan?

There’s are reason he’s been ranting the last couple of days about his new political affiliation. He knew this story was coming out and decided to jump ahead of it by saying that because he switched his political affiliation the media would now come out with fake stories. Pretty much he thinks people are stupid, and sure enough some are falling for it. I hope he understands who the majority of his customers are….

There’s are reason he’s been ranting the last couple of days about his new political affiliation. He knew this story was coming out and decided to jump ahead of it by saying that because he switched his political affiliation the media would now come out with fake stories. Pretty much he thinks people are stupid, and sure enough some are falling for it. I hope he understands who the majority of his customers are….
It's just hilarious (sad?) that Elon thought right wingers were suddenly gonna buy Teslas because he become one of them?

Last edited:
Yep, let's rush to judge. Do it now before we know anything about the flight attendant, including his or her name. Interesting the 20 + articles out today fail to include the name. This happen in 2016 and we're just now seeing the media run with this? What pissed off the masses more to bring this to light, free speech, changing party affiliate?

Yep, let's rush to judge. Do it now before we know anything about the flight attendant, including his or her name. Interesting the 20 + articles out today fail to include the name. This happen in 2016 and we're just now seeing the media run with this? What pissed off the masses more to bring this to light, free speech, changing party affiliate?
(Assuming this allegation is true) I find it incredibly ironic that Elon, defender of free speech for the universe, muzzled this former employee with an NDA. Like, the irony is incredible.

Reactions: T3SLAROD

You fell for it didn’t you? His party affiliation changed because of the story not because of anything else. The article says they asked for a comment and Elon said he would get back to them…… instead he went on Twitter with a rant about political parties

If the story isn’ t true then Elon easily wins a lawsuit for defamation

Is Elon running for office somewhere? If not, then what does this story have to do with his political leanings?

Elon bled liberal California out of money, didn’t like liberal Californias labor laws and decided to find a conservative State where he could get away with more, and now decides it’s time to bash the hand that feeds him….. hilarious…. Not to mention Conservatives have voted against bills that would help Tesla sell more cars. Sorry Elon you don’t fight for my “freedom of speech” clown

Elon is completely divorced from reality. Dems are centrist and corporate for the most part with the progressive wing having very little actual influence. Union monopolies? Union membership has been dropping for decades as wages stagnated and income inequality has increased.

1653051087700.png

(Assuming this allegation is true) I find it incredibly ironic that Elon, defender of free speech for the universe, muzzled this former employee with an NDA. Like, the irony is incredible.
You sound like one of those people who throw around words like 'rights' 'democracy' 'innocent until proven guilty' and of course 'free speech' based on incorrect assumptions. Maybe things you've seen on tv.

Elon Musk might feel his Twitter circus has no repercussions to the Tesla brand image. He would be sadly, very wrong. This dude either doesn’t have the maturity of thought, or his Asperger’s is coming in the way of making rational decisions.
Many of my Conservative work colleagues back East are now big Tesla fans and have placed orders in recent months seeing that Elon is not your typical Silicon Valley progressive.

If people are really serious about climate change and Tesla's overall mission on reducing carbon energy use (let alone the stock price), then they should be rejoicing that Conservatives are coming on board with EV adoption and Tesla is not just seen as a niche product for wealthy Bay Area Progressives.

• Love
Reactions: bkp_duke
Many of my Conservative work colleagues back East are now big Tesla fans and have placed orders in recent months seeing that Elon is not your typical Silicon Valley progressive.
Silicon Valley has progressive ? Thats news to me. (ps : apart from the local Rep Khanna)

If people are really serious about climate change and Tesla's overall mission on reducing carbon energy use (let alone the stock price), then they should be rejoicing that Conservatives are coming on board with EV adoption and Tesla is not just seen as a niche product for wealthy Bay Area Progressives.
I doubt conservatives will buy enough Tesla's to replace liberal ones not buying. It won't matter as long as the demand outstrips supply - but once parts shortages end and all OEMs are back to normal, it could matter.

It was very silly of Elon to abuse Liberals who have supported him and Tesla for last 10+ years.

Anyway - Tesla brand is definitely taking a beating.

I dumped most of my Tesla stock today
1 - THIS new revelation (payoff)
2 - The twitter fiasco is hurting Tesla stock
3 - He now thinks Republicans are nicer and not hateful like Democrats
4 - He thinks Twitter is obligated to free speech
5 - He moves to Texas after calling Newsom fascists for closing his plant for a few weeks yet I didn't hear a peep when China closed the city of Shanghai
6 - Most of the beta FSD features are standard on alot of cars (see Ioniq 5)

I dumped most of my Tesla stock today
1 - THIS new revelation (payoff)
2 - The twitter fiasco is hurting Tesla stock
3 - He now thinks Republicans are nicer and not hateful like Democrats
4 - He thinks Twitter is obligated to free speech
5 - He moves to Texas after calling Newsom fascists for closing his plant for a few weeks yet I didn't hear a peep when China closed the city of Shanghai
6 - Most of the beta FSD features are standard on alot of cars (see Ioniq 5)
Dumb reasons to sell at a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.