Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dumped most of my Tesla stock today
1 - THIS new revelation (payoff)
2 - The twitter fiasco is hurting Tesla stock
3 - He now thinks Republicans are nicer and not hateful like Democrats
4 - He thinks Twitter is obligated to free speech
5 - He moves to Texas after calling Newsom fascists for closing his plant for a few weeks yet I didn't hear a peep when China closed the city of Shanghai
6 - Most of the beta FSD features are standard on alot of cars (see Ioniq 5)

That's hilarious. I bought Tesla stock only AFTER I realized those things about Elon!!!

That's hilarious. I bought Tesla stock only AFTER I realized those things about Elon!!!

And in Sept 2021 when we got our first a neighbor said "What's next your voting for Hillary"...joking of course. Fast forward to our second Jan 2022 and the same neighbor said he "gets Elon now and never knew his stance on things until lately" and asked me about the ordering process and how we like our Teslas so far...

Tesla is not for Democrats anymore! LOL (Joking...it never was but it felt that way)

Elon4President!!!

Last edited:
I dumped most of my Tesla stock today
1 - THIS new revelation (payoff)
2 - The twitter fiasco is hurting Tesla stock
3 - He now thinks Republicans are nicer and not hateful like Democrats
4 - He thinks Twitter is obligated to free speech
5 - He moves to Texas after calling Newsom fascists for closing his plant for a few weeks yet I didn't hear a peep when China closed the city of Shanghai
6 - Most of the beta FSD features are standard on alot of cars (see Ioniq 5)

Why was my reply moved to "Politics Quarantine Thread" and this one isn't? Lets be fair if we are going to be anything...be fair.

Reactions: Terminator857
Why was my reply moved to "Politics Quarantine Thread" and this one isn't? Lets be fair if we are going to be anything...be fair.

Apparently it is OK to criticize Elon on this forum for holding views that are right of center. But it is out of bounds to defend Elon from left-wing attacks.

Agree, that is very disappointing.

Reactions: BMWM3Man
Agree, that is very disappointing.
Maybe because the moderator is weed whacking and mowing a field while trying to moderate from their phone. I suggest checking out that politics quarantine thread and restating whether or not attacks from the left or right are being singled out. I think you’ll find representation of both there.

When I get a chance I’ll come back and try to revisit. Excuse any voice typos in the meantime.

Maybe because the moderator is weed whacking and mowing a field while trying to moderate from their phone. I suggest checking out that politics quarantine thread and restating whether or not attacks from the left or right are being singled out. I think you’ll find representation of both there.

When I get a chance I’ll come back and try to revisit. Excuse any voice typos in the meantime.

We are here to help! : )

1653084086752.png

The press will make sure "the transformation" is complete.

There’s a lot of scandals hitting Tesla CEO Elon Musk all at once, but at least he knows he has a friend in Brazil’s deforester-in-chief Jair Bolsonaro, a right-wing demagogue who similarly to Musk, has a very hard time taking any sort of public criticism, and has tried using the power of his office to make sure his conspiracies don’t get deplatformed.​

And people wonder why Elon no longer wants to vote democrat....

Oh, and Biden sent Jake Sullivan to meet with Bolsonaro last August, does this mean Biden employs a supervillain? haha

Not a word about Starlink, which some on the left is criticizing for "only for developed countries, doesn't help developing countries", now Starlink is expanding to a major developing country, they complain it's not the "right" country? Hypocrisy much?

Reactions: AquaY
Republicans in Cali may drive Teslas because Cali is a liberal State, home to Teslas. Republicans in Cali tend to be more liberal, I think. But listen to conservative Republicans, in places like Texas or the South and they ridicule EVs. They are against adding EV charging stations. Their position is that we should drill more oil to bring gas prices down because they think gas cars are just fine. Listen to Trump, Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson, who have the ear of most Republican voters and they lampoon EVs all the time.
This is the problem. You honestly believe that…and you’re wrong. Sorry to even reply to this. I ask those who are posting this ignorance in this thread to stop, just stop. You’re talking about ~1/2 the country and its painfully similar to the ignorance of EV haters. You believe lies about things you have no experience with and then repeat them as if they are accurate. Try actually talking to people of a different lifestyle/background without being pretentious and you will learn that it’s not that simple.

Sorry again, back to your scheduled programming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phlier
This is the problem. You honestly believe that…and you’re wrong. Sorry to even reply to this. I ask those who are posting this ignorance in this thread to stop, just stop. You’re talking about ~1/2 the country and its painfully similar to the ignorance of EV haters. You believe lies about things you have no experience with and then repeat them as if they are accurate. Sorry again, back you your scheduled programming.

What are you taking about? Where is your evidence that I am wrong? What lies am I believing?

I literally talk to republicans every day that think EVs are dumb and gas cars are better. I used to watch conservative talk shows like Rush Limbaugh that ridiculed EVs every day. Trump ridiculed EVs and renewable energy like solar and wind at every MAGA rally. In fact, go to a MAGA rally and you will not find a single supporter of EVs. GOP in Congress want to increase production of fossil fuels and impose taxes on EVs. And virtually every GOP in Congress rejects that climate change is even real. Guys like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and others openly deny climate change. The idea that Republicans are champions of EVs and renewable energy is laughable. You are rewriting history if you believe that. The crazy thing is that Elon declares himself a Republican and I guess Tesla fans now believe Republicans support the Tesla Mission. LOL. Sorry but the GOP today is not Tesla's ally in the mission to fight climate change with EVs and renewable energy. GOP only likes Elon because he is attacking the Far Left. Enemy of my enemy is my friend. But the GOP do not share Elon's green ideology.

Last edited:
What are you taking about? Where is your evidence that I am wrong? What lies am I believing?

I literally talk to republicans every day that think EVs are dumb and gas cars are better. I used to watch conservative talk shows like Rush Limbaugh that ridiculed EVs every day. Trump ridiculed EVs and renewable energy like solar and wind at every MAGA rally. In fact, go to a MAGA rally and you will not find a single supporter of EVs. GOP in Congress want to increase production of fossil fuels and impose taxes on EVs. And virtually every GOP in Congress rejects that climate change is even real. Guys like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and others openly deny climate change. The idea that Republicans are champions of EVs and renewable energy is laughable. You are rewriting history if you believe that. The crazy thing is that Elon declares himself a Republican and I guess Tesla fans now believe Republicans support the Tesla Mission. LOL. Sorry but the GOP today is not Tesla's ally in the mission to fight climate change with EVs and renewable energy. GOP only likes Elon because he is attacking the Far Left. Enemy of my enemy is my friend. But the GOP do not share Elon's green ideology.
You’re right.

Just to be clear: I am not suggesting that all Republicans hate Tesla. If it looked like I was generalizing, I apologize. Yes, there are some Republicans who drive a Tesla and who like Tesla. And there are moderate Republicans who do believe in climate change. But the Republican Party as a whole, especially the conservative and MAGA wing of the GOP (which is a dominant force in the GOP right now) does not support the green agenda of renewable energy and EVs.

Last edited:
From a political aspect, it’s often a conflict of sorts. GOP typically aligns with big corporate business like big oil companies. GOP is the party assailing windmills and solar energy. Pushing that “coal is here to stay!”

So for them to find themselves being praised by a guy whose primary mission is against those GOP principles is probably confusing many republicans now.

“Do we like him and his company or do we not like him and his company? Not sure, let’s discuss it after we leave this klan rally meeting”.

Reactions: JamesBond
Considering buying a Tesla:
  • 22% of Dems
  • 17% of Reps
With high gas prices, I suspect Dems are more affected than Reps. Either way we would get a lot more buyers if there were more EVs available.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
BUT... I actually think that Musk is going to challenge Republican politicians to reconsider their stance on EVs since Tesla is going to have some serious positive economic impact in a very red state in a very short amount of time.

I wish Elon the best with converting the GOP to his EV cause but I am skeptical. I doubt it will happen as long as the conservatives/MAGA politicians dominate the GOP and pander to MAGA voters.

Reactions: d0nkn0tts
Status
Not open for further replies.