Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The right attacked Tesla for receiving "government subsidies" (EV tax credits, really) and suddenly he agrees that the government should end subsidies. Odd.
Yes but Tesla/Elon never “wanted” or “needed” the subsidies to begin with. He has always been for a carbon tax. But he’d be foolish not to take them.

He never “wanted” or “needed” the subsidies to begin with. He has always been for a carbon tax.

Dude, please.

If he never wanted them nor needed them, he would not have TAKEN them.

So, he is all for increased adoption of EVs, no matter which from company, is it? 🤨😀

Very interesting that he is against subsidies he benefitted from, and are now benefiting the competition. 😉

So, he is all for increased adoption of EVs, no matter which from company, is it? 🤨😀

Very interesting that he is against subsidies he benefitted from, and are now benefiting the competition. 😉
He has always been for a carbon tax. And never pushed for an EV subsidy.

“More recently Musk said that all subsidies should be eliminated, including those for oil and gas.”

And in 2015: “Exclusive: Elon Musk: ‘If I cared about subsidies, I would have entered the oil and gas industry’

That’s not the part I was referring to. This is:

“The exchange began when Ms Ocasio-Cortez tweeted on Friday that she was tired of a “billionaire with an ego problem” who controlled a “massive communications platform” for enabling the right, but did not name the person or company behind her message.”
Yes, that's the part.
She was thinking of Zuckerberg and not thinking of Elon and that upset his fragile ego.

Yes, that's the part.
She was thinking of Zuckerberg and not thinking of Elon and that upset his fragile ego.

Read the post here:

Pretty sure she was criticizing Musk, and when got called out by him she tried to deflect.

You know, typical politician denial.
Exactly.

Had she not written the “like I said, ego problems”, then I could have “maybe” believed her. But nope.

Attachments

• 43EE073E-6467-4B86-A33C-A45B6A8F9201.png
    43EE073E-6467-4B86-A33C-A45B6A8F9201.png
    481.7 KB · Views: 46
Pretty sure she was criticizing Musk, and when got called out by him she tried to deflect.

You know, typical politician denial.
Did Elon have dinner with Tucker Carlson? Does Elon control a social media platform? She was clearly not talking about Elon.
When Elon thought she was talking about him she used it as example of billionaires propensity to have big egos. She thinks billionaires have too much power.

Did Elon have dinner with Tucker Carlson? Does Elon control a social media platform? She was clearly not talking about Elon.
When Elon thought she was talking about him she used it as example of billionaires propensity to have big egos. She thinks billionaires have too much power.

Post above yours is pretty clear, she was referring to Musk.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Even if he didn’t have dinner with Tucker, I have seen several posts from politicians with less than accurate accusations.

And in 2015: “Exclusive: Elon Musk: ‘If I cared about subsidies, I would have entered the oil and gas industry’

Tesla, along with other electric vehicle companies and environmental groups, asked the Biden administration to invest in charging infrastructure for electric buses, trucks, and other medium- and heavy-duty vehicles.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.