Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. You can try and pretend to leave politic out but it has everything to do with politic. Instead of ignoring and pretending, why not have a mature conversation about it and remain respectful about it.

Too much passion and idiocy on both sides to remain respectful and mature. There are better threads to discuss politics. We can discuss policies and legislation as it relates to getting and maintaining our Teslas but leave politics out.

REALLY?
It’s just that simple?
Oops, I prefer not to shout.

1655064471802.png

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
? I mean if the dude is a non native English speaker I guess I get it but the grammar is so bad I am left guessing what bro is on about. If you get what he is saying can you translate for me? Thanks!
? I mean if the dude is a non native English speaker I guess I get it but the grammar is so bad I am left guessing what bro is on about. If you get what he is saying can you translate for me? Thanks!
He's trying to say that Biden and the democrats are not doing their job and allowing inflation, job and prices out of control. :) I think

Reactions: FlatSix911
We'll, this is disappointing...
Elon Musk suggests he may vote for Republican Ron DeSantis in 2024

DeSantis has been ramping up his efforts to position himself as a true conservative. He has signed into law legislation that strips Black voters’ power through gerrymandering congressional districts to benefit Republicans, for example. DeSantis also curtailed the discussion of race and diversity in schools and businesses. He has also signed off on bills that ban discussion of gender identity and sexual orientation in some Florida classrooms with his “Don’t Say Gay” legislation. His attack on what he called “wokeism” has come to include bans on math textbooks that supposedly include “prohibited” subjects, such as critical race theory. He has also tried banning medical care for transgender youths and engaged in a sparring match with Disney.

They are now!
Are they? Really? Do you think that Elon Musk endorsing right-wing candidates will make them decide to get EVs from Tesla vs, say, Ford? Where's the data on that?

Perhaps he's being clever and he's endorsing climate deniers like DeSantis in order to sell more cars. Or perhaps he's politically motivated by other things (white supremacy, anti-abortion, guns, etc) and the climate change angle was just a marketing ploy that suited Tesla when they were in CA and not anymore, so he can abandon it. Regardless, it will be interesting to see how long the company benefits from having someone so visibly divisive at the helm. There is a lot of competition out there now. His jackassery will turn a lot of people off. I know we were hesitant to get our car because of his antics. We love the car, but I suspect we would equally love a number of other cars out there now.

• Disagree
Reactions: Stuart Watson
And when did Elon say a possible collapse would happen? AFAIK, he didn't give a timeline. Look, you can argue with predictions, but it's hard to argue that if a collapse DID happen, it wouldn't be great. Unless, of course, we get lucky in such a scenario and have an AI and robotic driven economy by then.
It's interesting because Elon is endorsing right-wing politicians who are unmoved by incredible amounts of suffering and death right now. Gun violence is now more deadly to American kids than car accidents. The US has double or even triple the maternal mortality rate than in Europe and other developed countries. I mean, if we're taking the really long view, eventually human beings will go extinct. That is the nature of the universe -- impermanence, so sure, he's not 'wrong.' I know that Elon is pro-population growth so he's probably anti-choice. Of course, banning abortion won't end abortion. It will just make it more deadly for living, breathing women and girls, so very likely the ban will not increase the birth rate or our population.

Elon has decided to make himself the Tesla PR team and he's decided to become political. Maybe this will benefit Tesla the company and maybe it won't. But since he's influential, his decisions will have real-life benefits and harms on people as voters follow his endorsements. Elon is as susceptible as anyone else to being swayed into action based on his beliefs, however flawed or emotionally charged those beliefs are. It's pretty much impossible to actually be impartial. Given the impulsiveness of his public behavior, I'm guessing not all of his actions are well thought out or prudent. He's certainly aching for attention. That level of narcissism can be very destructive.

Reactions: mspohr
Are they? Really? Do you think that Elon Musk endorsing right-wing candidates will make them decide to get EVs from Tesla vs, say, Ford? Where's the data on that?

Perhaps he's being clever and he's endorsing climate deniers like DeSantis in order to sell more cars. Or perhaps he's politically motivated by other things (white supremacy, anti-abortion, guns, etc) and the climate change angle was just a marketing ploy that suited Tesla when they were in CA and not anymore, so he can abandon it. Regardless, it will be interesting to see how long the company benefits from having someone so visibly divisive at the helm. There is a lot of competition out there now. His jackassery will turn a lot of people off. I know we were hesitant to get our car because of his antics. We love the car, but I suspect we would equally love a number of other cars out there now.
I read you post and thought what kind of person can write this?

then I saw your address… California 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Cosmacelf
Not trying to equate the two, illustrating that sometimes the situation requires doing things that one doesn't want to.
As opposed to

Where you appear to be saying that Elon wants to be in politics.
just today Elon went on record in an interview that the White House and Democrat party is "controlled by Unions" and earlier this week he proclaimed who he voted for in Texas (R) and that he would prefer DeSantis (R) as presidential candidate ... for a guy not wanting to be in politics he keeps us telling nearly weekly now which (R) candidate he supports and how bad the (D) are....

just today Elon went on record in an interview that the White House and Democrat party is "controlled by Unions" and earlier this week he proclaimed who he voted for in Texas (R) and that he would prefer DeSantis (R) as presidential candidate ... for a guy not wanting to be in politics he keeps us telling nearly weekly now which (R) candidate he supports and how bad the (D) are....
And he is also still CEO, taking action does not mean that you want to. He is trying to induce change in a system, that takes interaction. If he 'wanted' to be in politics, why wasn't he until recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.