Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are times that lies, inaccuracies would bring in lots of money like Alex Jones who kept repeating false conspiracies about shooting victims and he got rich for many years.

Stop the steal fund got $250 million...
I think you just said Elon is the Alex Jones of autonomous driving..

And I’m not sure that you are wrong
😂😂

I think you just said Elon is the Alex Jones of autonomous driving..

And I’m not sure that you are wrong
😂😂

Calling Elon the ‘Alex Jones of cars‘ is a bit extreme.

However, Elon is also pretty good when it comes to selling a pack of lies. The only difference is how inhuman the person is. Elon is trying to get the tech to advance and sell it to the masses, but failing in the meantime. He might succeed one day.

Alex Jones is completely inhuman and profits by slandering victims of a terrible crime, shamelessly.

That there are hordes of people who still subscribe to that sack of manure says a lot about how close we are as a society to disintegrating.

Dont be absurd
True that. I mean dude is definitely a eccentric but damn…why the hate from Cali and Biden for a “made in America” company like Tesla. Shows that if you are not playing the insider game you will pay one way or another. Disgusting. How about picking up the phone DMV and just sorting this stuff out. Mind you I’m actually thinking about moving off my MS but I will always respect the hustle from Musk and what Tesla has done for the culture.

True that. I mean dude is definitely a eccentric but damn…why the hate from Cali and Biden for a “made in America” company like Tesla. Shows that if you are not playing the insider game you will pay one way or another. Disgusting. How about picking up the phone DMV and just sorting this stuff out. Mind you I’m actually thinking about moving off my MS but I will always respect the hustle from Musk and what Tesla has done for the culture.
There's a pretty decent chunk of us who like Tesla overall but feel Elon is amongst the worst humanity has to offer.

Beautifully put 👍⬆️

Reactions: ElectricIAC
There's a pretty decent chunk of us who like Tesla overall but feel Elon is amongst the worst humanity has to offer.

I myself don’t like Elon (at all, nowadays) but I don’t hate him.

He has just turned into a D-bag once he became so rich. Also, the right wing virus that was probably always dormant came out and infected him. I don’t know if he will ever recover from that infection, but until then, he will continue to damage the brand image of Tesla. Slowly, but surely.

I myself don’t like Elon (at all, nowadays) but I don’t hate him.

He has just turned into a D-bag once he became so rich. Also, the right wing virus that was probably always dormant came out and infected him. I don’t know if he will ever recover from that infection, but until then, he will continue to damage the brand image of Tesla. Slowly, but surely.
How can a mild Respiratory virus be right wing ?

I think you have a lolly stick jammed in your “vending machine of thought “.

I think he was using the term virus metaphorically, not referring to covid (which can range from anywhere to asymptomatic to resulting in severe ards and death — that end of the spectrum being much more common than with other “mild respiratory viruses”)

Right wing virus from my observations tends to universally result in irrecoverable neurologic damage ever since a mutation in 2016 was identified and began to spread.

Listen, you look like a nice guy, from your profile photo. Let it go.

You probably have the same bug affecting your allocation of limited grey cells. I have seen numerous posts and disagrees from you, providing plenty of evidence.

You don't have to actively "play" the insider game per se, but if you don't, you had better keep quiet when you disagree. Except Elon can't do that.

Not only is Elon turning off potential Tesla buyers, he's turning off the state and federal bureaucracies. I predict that this will eventually cost SpaceX government contracts.

Hey Gary, thanks for all the thumbs down on my posts. Clearly you disagree with something I’ve written, though I’m having trouble seeing what it is. Unfortunately, you’ve made several questionable statements that I have to disagree with. So let’s start.

1) While it is true that unemployment numbers only include people looking for employment, you seem to imply that the recent decline in unemployment is driven by people dropping out of the workforce. This is simply not true. The labor market is red hot right now, with millions of jobs added this year, and 528,000 added just last month. Furthermore, while it is true that the labor force participation rate dropped in early 2020 due to people dropping out of the workforce, it has been climbing since then, though is still about 1% below its prepandemic level.

2) There is no official government committee which decides when we are in a recession. It is the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), a private nonprofit organization composed of economists and academics, and it’s designations are used by the US government and journalists. So how is this the police policing themselves?

3) Show me where “most economists think we are in a recession.” Most news reports I’ve seen quoting economists say we could be heading into a recession. Some say we might be in one right now, though we won’t know for certain until months from now when we look at the data in hindsight. Sorry, but it is a little more complicated than GDP declining for two quarters, otherwise we would have already heard from the NBER.

4) Why do you think this conversation is “political”? I’m certainly not trying to bring politics to this thread. I’m just responding to the notion that we are already in a recession.
We are in a recession. Only the Democrats and their left wing media do not want to say it because its voting season. Two quarters of negative growth = recession. Its been that way for years. We have had two negative quarters and so yeah..its a recession.

We are in a recession. Only the Democrats and their left wing media do not want to say it because its voting season. Two quarters of negative growth = recession. Its been that way for years. We have had two negative quarters and so yeah..its a recession.
You are talking about a textbook definition of recession, any econ 101 class will teaches you that to start the definition of recession but if you paid attention in class, most classes will teach you the more accurate measurement is more than just GDP.

Status
Not open for further replies.