Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should never assert you have facts and then reference a CNN article 🤔
The post right before the one you replied to is a direct link to the FBI affidavit/charging document.

Grasping. I guess you can claim the FBI is lying in a signed affidavit if you wish.

Seems like you haven’t read it though.

The post right before the one you replied to is a direct link to the FBI affidavit/charging document.

Grasping. I guess you can claim the FBI is lying in a signed affidavit if you wish.

Seems like you haven’t read it though.
You keep referencing organizations that much of America has lost faith in. The FBI got duped by the Russian collusion hoax for years. So now I’m suppose to assume they are investigating this with integrity? CNN is firing all of their top folks due to the lack of journalistic integrity. I’ll look elsewhere for my facts.

Yet, you've stated many facts about the case whose primary source is from organizations that you say are discredited. 🤔
I haven’t stated much at all because information is still limited and we know the Pelosi’s are very well protected. She probably makes around $200k a year in one of the most expensive cities in America yet she’s worth over $100M. Interesting that the backs of the folks she made that fortune on are protecting her. She bought a $25M estate in Florida because she’d rather retire under Republican rule and not in San Francisco.

To be quite clear I'm not a fan of Nancy and think she is corrupt and should be voted out. That doesn't mean I'll ignore the obvious facts in front of me.
A crazy person attacking someone in San Francisco is common. I’m not going to give the Pelosi’s sympathy more so than all the other folks suffering under their policies. They took a beautiful city and destroyed it under their rule and their families rule. They are promoting illegal immigrants, hard drug abuse, homelessness, equity instead of equality, cashless bail, etc. They are getting a taste of what everyone in San Francisco has to live with.

I think things don't have to be necessarily black or white. That being said, it is hard to only take a percentage of a car, so ultimately that will have to be your decision to make. But I find that making or not making a purchase to "own" someone in the end doesn't really move the needle all that much, so your call will ultimately have to be your own. Change will more reality happen in circles closer to you.

At the same time, for other areas it can be more grey; by this I mean if you have Tesla stock it doesn't mean you dump it all, but you can also choose to diversity and buy other stocks like different EV makes and such.

I do think all of us are hypocritical to a degree, buying and partaking in products for which the parent company's leaders may hold beliefs that are contradictory to one's own beliefs. The difference here is that Elon is a lot louder than some of them, so what he says gets blasted everywhere. Like it or not, what Elon says and does has an impact on Tesla whether you agree with it or not, so his actions should be something to considered with regards to investing and to a lesser degree car ownership, even if one agrees with Elon.

I have been looking forward to receiving my Model Y for 9 months now. I've ordered accessories and even installed a Tesla home charger. I'm finally due to pick it up on Wednesday, but I'm strongly thinking about cancelling and I'm super sad about that, because I think Tesla's are the best cars available right now. But one of my big reasons for buying a car was to do some good in the world. I just can't, in good conscience, support a CEO that is creating so much turmoil.

I think Tesla is overall helping the world transition to electric cars, but I feel terribly guilty about giving money to Elon Musk. I realize other car companies have CEOs that are likely just as bad, but no other CEO is the face of a company in the way that Elon is. And I worry about being complicit to his actions by buying this car.

I haven't made a decision yet. Is anybody else struggling with this? I was really looking forward to this car. Thanks.
what about the 10s of thousands of tesla employees that are kicking ass and taking names. i want to support them as much or more than elon. they shouldn’t pay for his periodic BS, which isn’t really meaningful long term.

plus, with elon it’s on his sleeve.

think of what scumbags most of these other companies’ c-suite execs and financiers are

that’s the way i think about it, but that’s just me.

I have been looking forward to receiving my Model Y for 9 months now. I've ordered accessories and even installed a Tesla home charger. I'm finally due to pick it up on Wednesday, but I'm strongly thinking about cancelling and I'm super sad about that, because I think Tesla's are the best cars available right now. But one of my big reasons for buying a car was to do some good in the world. I just can't, in good conscience, support a CEO that is creating so much turmoil.

I think Tesla is overall helping the world transition to electric cars, but I feel terribly guilty about giving money to Elon Musk. I realize other car companies have CEOs that are likely just as bad, but no other CEO is the face of a company in the way that Elon is. And I worry about being complicit to his actions by buying this car.

I haven't made a decision yet. Is anybody else struggling with this? I was really looking forward to this car. Thanks.
I have a MY, my wife and I were just discussing the issue with Musk. I am leaning on trading it in.

what about the 10s of thousands of tesla employees that are kicking ass and taking names. i want to support them as much or more than elon.

🥷

I was about to reply something similar as this. If Elon was hand assembling each and every car then taking business elsewhere would be a direct response to him. But why should all the hard working Tesla employees be collectively punished for the actions of one person?

Tesla isn't Elon, and Elon isn't Tesla. The corporation that's building electric cars at scale is doing more to save the climate than any other entity in the world. Support them!

On the one hand he’s:
Built a personal fortune from nothing, to become the richest man on Earth
Built a very successful electric car manufacturing company from scratch
Built a company that rivals NASA in ability to put men and payloads into space
Built a company that can dig subway tunnels with a machine that used to be the stuff of comic books
Built an orbiting Internet company with hundreds of satellites, and offers Internet to pretty much everywhere

On the other hand he’s:
Bought Twitter on a whim
Thoughtlessly iInsulted a member of the team that rescued the children’s soccer team from a flooding cave
Thoughtlessly Insulted the Pelosi’s

So he’s a genius. He’s somewhat impulsive. He’s not good with processing news from various sources and he has trouble filtering fact from fiction.

I don‘t care for the antics either, but overall he’s an absolutely amazing man.

And he’s built for me the best car I’ve ever had.
Yes, but the man has (again) proven that he is not capable of owning a platform like Twitter!
Yes, F* Elon!

Do what you are going to do, and whatever you choose is the right thing for you, but everything doesnt need online validation from other people.
You know what the OP doesn't need, though, is the vast majority of the replies in this thread laughing at them and calling them an idiot for even thinking this.

So if they were on the fence about wanting a Tesla before - good job TMC - you've convinced them that Tesla fans are obnoxious and crazy, too, and probably pushed them over the edge.

Last edited:
The cynic in me says Elon took a deliberate right turn a few years ago JUST to sell cars. He had the professional eco hippy granola crowd who really want to stop burning oil (like me) locked up and demand was through the roof. How to tap into the remaining skeptic coal rolling truck nut yahoo market? Take a hard right at Austin TX, and keep rolling in the growth.

Genius.

(and he went to Austin, the hippy-est spot in Texas.)

I am just asking questions, doing my own research!!!!

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
What exactly has Elon Musk done to affect you personally to the point where you feel this way?
Let's see. I can count two things Elon has done that have affected me personally to some extent that piss me off:

- Disobeying orders from Alameda County to keep his stupid factory partially closed in 2020 to stop the spread of COVID-19, while at the same time, he hasn't even tried to challenge the Shanghai government's COVID-19 restrictions. The restrictions had a good reason for existing in 2020, when there were no vaccines and the strains going around were far more deadly, but that's when Elon decided to keep his factory open against the orders of the Alameda County Health Department. They have no reason to exist anymore in 2022, but he still hasn't told the Shanghai government to go to hell. If he's going to stand on principle, then stand on principle and tell the Shanghai government to go to hell just like he told the Alameda County government to go to hell. I can at least respect people who stand on principle consistently. But he's not even consistent, just like when he claims to be a free speech absolutist while at the same time tries to get a teenager to stop tweeting the whereabouts of his private jet, which is not illegal. And in any case, his stupid shenanigans helped spread SARS-CoV-2 to more than 1,500 employees and since I live less than 30 miles from the factory, some of those cases probably affected areas I visit regularly.

- Tesla's software SUCKS. I installed a software update in December 2021. It had a bug where the charge port slammed shut with no delay as soon as I removed the charging handle from the port. Tesla took 2 months to fix this problem. When they finally did fix it (February 2022), that update had a bug where the text that displays on the screen when the car starts charging was in font so mall that I had to press my head against the window to see it. I decided at that point that Tesla's software QA process sucked and they weren't going to use me as a beta tester any longer (if I beta test software for people, I expect them to be paying me) and I wouldn't ever install a software update without it being out for at least a month and I would only install it if I hadn't seen any reports of serious problems on the forums for that entire time. I also removed my car's WiFi credentials so that it would stop downloading updates and constantly nagging me to install them. The next update I installed was in September 2022. I thought everything was good with it, as I had waited the full month and hadn't seen any reports of issues, until my wife started complaining that the playlist of songs on her phone did not show up and someone else started complaining about the same thing about a week after I installed it. It's not an issue with the phone's OS (the other person uses iOS and we use Android), it's another bug that got through Tesla's crappy QA process. As of right now, this bug has still not been fixed, even in the most recent version my car wants to install (I've checked and people are reporting that it's still an issue, along with who knows what else). Elon is a notorious micromanager and I don't believe any of this would be happening unless he thinks it's somehow acceptable to push software releases out the door with bugs in them and use customers as their testers.

Status
Not open for further replies.