Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: $100 Billion - Elon or Green Fund?

Who would best utilize 100B a year to save the Environment?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Reciprocity

Feb 27, 2017
Chicagoland
Lets put this Paris accord into perspective by asking this one simple question: Who would you rather give $100B a year to? The UN Green fund or Elon Musk? Which would do the most with it and waste the least of it and safe guard that investment best from corruption? And of course return the most value in terms of lower emissions and the inevitable decarbonization of the planet?

Edit: After you vote, please call your local senator or representative or mayor or governor or anyone you can think of and let them know how you voted. I really want my stock to value to go up and a 100B a year would sure help.

There's a saying "It takes a village to raise a child".

It is easy to think that one single individual can command the whole world.

To solve a problem, it takes cooperation of a community.

So how did you vote? No one is saying Elon should rule the world. I was just thinking about how 100B could best be spent. I mean its not real, its more to make people think about how their money will be used and how it might be best put to use. 100B a year sure would go a long way to building out Gigafactories and can output Panels, Batteries and Transport (cars, trucks, semis).

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
  • Funny
Reactions: anticitizen13.7
Private entities such as Elon can leverage the resource from that fund as well.

How much? And how will they track it? Who is the UN reporting to? How do you know the money isnt being wasted. I know the Money Tesla would use would be used properly, not so sure about the rest. I am sure there are a few other great companies that could take advantage, but I worry about the money you cant track from an organization that doesnt answer to anyone.

Nice poll question. It's along the lines of:

Your poll has a similar built-in bias -- which is why:

The $100B/year number is a political number, not based in reality, but based on your politics.

More here:

We Are Still In (United States / Paris Climate Accord)

1$ or $100B. same question. Dont avoid answering the poll.

Also, If "We are still in" then who is going to pay? I mean its going to be a very large amount of money. Who is going to pay it? I mean when it was the Fed, it was funny money, but is De Blasio going to take money from New Yorkers and send it to the UN. I mean more money then they already do. I can tell you without a doubt, Chicago has no money to offer. Like negative 3 billion thanks to Mayor Ram.

Just for reference as there has been some question about the cost of the UN Greenfund:

So What Exactly Is In The Paris Climate Accord?

$100 Billion
"To help developing countries switch from fossil fuels to greener sources of energy and adapt to the effects of climate change, the developed world will provide $100 billion a year," NPR's Christopher Joyce reports.

But that amount is identified as a "floor," not a ceiling.

"Developed countries won inclusion of language that would up the ante in subsequent years," he explains, "so that financial aid will keep ramping up over time."

...How much? And how will they track it? Who is the UN reporting to? How do you know the money isnt being wasted....

Some people are suspicious of bureaucracy and government and feel individuals, private parties, churches, charities would do a better job.

Don't get me wrong. Individuals, private parties, churches, charities did a great job in helping the Hurricane Katrina victims.

However, it was not meaningful until the Federal Government agreed to step in and coordinated the evacuation effort.

The Government can benefit only a few elites or the general public can break out of victim mentality and demand it to serve the larger public.

That's how the universal healthcare was won in Canada since 1968.

And that is what California is trying to follow Canada's example with current California SinglePayer Healthcare Bill.

It is ironic that people have power but they are taught that they know nothing and have no power!

The U.S. is the most influential country so it is self defeating to act as if it is a powerless victim in NATO or United Nations.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Eclectic